Author Topic: Went out for one Artifact came back with another. Happens to Parker all the time  (Read 11069 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
1d100+0
44+0 = 44
3 disarm attempts from Astrek, each provoking an AoO and each with a miss chance.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
3 disarm attempts from Astrek, each provoking an AoO and each with a miss chance.
Ok
1st attack missed due to Blinking
2nd displacement:
1d100+0
81+0 = 81
Parker's AoO: He doesn't attack he yells "What in all the nine hells are you doing!!"
Disarm opposed roll:
1d20+31
4+31+4(improved Disarm) = 39

If he is still holding the sword

3rd Displacement:
1d100+0
61+0 = 61
Parker's AoO: He still doesn't attack he yells "Why is the golden fur-ball attacking me?!? I thought you wanted to get this out of here as fast as possible!"
Disarm opposed roll:
1d20+31
11+31+4(improved Disarm) = 46

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Two d20 rolls on Discord = 20, 17

So 2nd claw disarm attempt = 20+29+4 (size) = 53

And bite disarm attempt = 17+24+4 = 45

Claw attempt succeeds. When the hunter falls to the ground Ari steps between it and Parker, "Nothing personal, Parker. That thing has a way of dominating those who wield it. I can can't take the chance of it turning one of my friends."

He then pulls a blanket out of his bag of holding and hastily wraps the Hunter up in it, being careful not to touch the weapon directly. Once bundled up, he hands it to Kerkly for transport. "Now you can leave."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
"I'm going to stay to talk to the scaled elves. They need to know what transpired here."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Two d20 rolls on Discord = 20, 17

So 2nd claw disarm attempt = 20+29+4 (size) = 53

And bite disarm attempt = 17+24+4 = 45

Claw attempt succeeds. When the hunter falls to the ground Ari steps between it and Parker, "Nothing personal, Parker. That thing has a way of dominating those who wield it. I can can't take the chance of it turning one of my friends."

He then pulls a blanket out of his bag of holding and hastily wraps the Hunter up in it, being careful not to touch the weapon directly. Once bundled up, he hands it to Kerkly for transport. "Now you can leave."

When Ari reaches towards it the sword skitters along the ground like a giant bug.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
When Ari reaches towards it the sword skitters along the ground like a giant bug.
Can Rubius try to cover it up with his bag of holding?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Can Rubius try to cover it up with his bag of holding?
Bump to get the dialogue going again.

As the sword scuttles off, Rubius attempts to capture it in his bag of holding. 

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Bump to get the dialogue going again.

As the sword scuttles off, Rubius attempts to capture it in his bag of holding.

Make a grapple check

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Make a grapple check
BAB 15 + STR +6 - size -4 + 1d20 (17) = 34

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
BAB 15 + STR +6 - size -4 + 1d20 (17) = 34

You wrestle the sword to the ground. You will need assistance to get it into your bag.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
You wrestle the sword to the ground. You will need assistance to get it into your bag.
"My friends, I need some help!  This thing seems to have a mind of its own.  Please help me stuff this into the bag of holding.  I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on."

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
"My friends, I need some help!  This thing seems to have a mind of its own.  Please help me stuff this into the bag of holding.  I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on."

Parker takes a few steps back "Wow, looks like that's a tough one to wrangle.  If only someone whos moral compass wasn't one the ARTIFACT actively tries to get away from and murder, was holding it.  I bet it wouldn't be putting up a fight.  Oh well, I guess we'll never know."

Parker walks over to Astrik, reaches out to scratch his head and says, "No hard feelings", then walks over to Thaddeus, turns around and calmly watches the entertainment.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Navi can scoop it up with an unseen servant spell.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Parker takes a few steps back "Wow, looks like that's a tough one to wrangle.  If only someone whos moral compass wasn't one the ARTIFACT actively tries to get away from and murder, was holding it.  I bet it wouldn't be putting up a fight.  Oh well, I guess we'll never know."

Parker walks over to Astrik, reaches out to scratch his head and says, "No hard feelings", then walks over to Thaddeus, turns around and calmly watches the entertainment.
Ari says: “The weapon corrupts the morally ambivalent. You’re not leaving with it because I like you too much to have to kill you in the future.”

Astrek snaps at you when you try to pet him and grumbles something in celestial about being able to smell where your hands have been.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Navi can scoop it up with an unseen servant spell.
Navi says: “I’m sure that won’t work. Artifacts generally can’t be moved by things like unseen servants or floating discs.”

What level/class/type is Navi again?