Author Topic: Pay No Attention to the Box  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Pay No Attention to the Box
« on: September 20, 2019, 08:19:41 AM »
Plan of attack for the cygree.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Pay No Attention to the Box
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
Dissa, do you have any magic that will disrupt or turn off their technology?  It doesn't have to be long lasting; just enough to distract them so we can sneak up on them.  If not that, then anything that'll clear out that fog around the wagon would be helpful.

Oh, and for Valerie, here's a brief recap:

We researched the missing elder Gree and found a pattern of disappearances that led us to G.R.I.T.  We charmed our way into the teacher living quarters and searched for the missing professors.  We found their published works to be stolen from their rooms (all skilled trades) and we also discovered an invisible box that contained ancient tech from the same era as the stuff in the cave from a season ago.  We then met an old professor at the library who is completely of sound mind and he filled us in on the disciplines of each professor.  He gave us copies of the books that were stolen along with a complete set of all his published works.  Afterward, he said he was going to have lunch and summoned a rickshaw.  Dissa summoned an owl to follow him and he went on his way.  As we were getting ready to follow him, the Unwanted Gree with the antigravity belt walked down an adjacent building and confronted us.  Instead of fighting us, he said he "owed us" since we spared him or something along those lines.  He tipped us off that the box we took was a hot commodity and that the items inside were being tracked.  He suggested we keep them hidden in extra-dimensional space and get out while we still could.  He then said we were "even" and climbed back up the building.

We then trailed the professor in the rickshaw and met up with him at the restaurant he was eating at.  After his meal, the professor stepped into the rickshaw and started to move, so we followed.  Upon investigation, we saw purple smoke billowing up in the rickshaw and noticed the driver was no longer the same person.  Saewurg cast Drug Resistance on Ilya then Baleful Transposition and switched Ilya with the professor.  We caught the professor who had been put to sleep and Ilya confronted the driver.  He pulled a sword on him, but ultimately ran down an empty alley.  Ilya dimension leaped in front of him and we flanked the other side of the alley.  He surrendered and we coaxed information out of him as to who hired him.  It turned out to be a cleric of ill repute associated with Arsenal.  He also told us the rendezvous point was about 5 blocks away and to look for an oversized wagon.  Razilav scouted the location and confirmed the wagon was there and noted three enforcers.  One wearing massive metal armor, another with an oversized mechanical jaw apparatus, and a third with baggy pants.  The wagon and these Gree are all covered in some sort of mist.  We stopped at this point to discuss our next move.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 10:28:41 AM »
I try to clear the jam on my wrist launcher, thinkering roll total 25.

Assuming that is successful, I will take a position above them by climbing up the far side of the building where they are.  High high is the building next to them?

I relay this plan to the other before going and wait for input.

Seawurg, "Could that spell you used to create wind and knock the circus down clear that fog?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »
Seawurg, "Could that spell you used to create wind and knock the circus down clear that fog?"
Yes it could, but it would also cause them physical harm.  Is that the route we're going or should we try to finesse our way out of this?  Also, I'd have to be pretty close to pull that off (40 feet or so).  I suppose I could fly to a rooftop and drop the spell down over the wagon, but they might spot me.  I'm not very stealthy.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 10:33:52 AM »
I asked last night, but in case someone didn't hear or wasn't there: does anyone recall if we got rid of or lost the clicker manacles from last season?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »
Yes it could, but it would also cause them physical harm.  Is that the route we're going or should we try to finesse our way out of this?  Also, I'd have to be pretty close to pull that off (40 feet or so).  I suppose I could fly to a rooftop and drop the spell down over the wagon, but they might spot me.  I'm not very stealthy.

I just wanted to know if it would work.  Not sure yet if we want to use it.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 03:02:34 PM »
I try to clear the jam on my wrist launcher, thinkering roll total 25.

Assuming that is successful, I will take a position above them by climbing up the far side of the building where they are.  High high is the building next to them?

I relay this plan to the other before going and wait for input.

yeah, cleared the jam

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 03:03:18 PM »
experience 1200 each

How long do you plan?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 03:15:45 PM »
How long do you plan?
Well, we can't wait too long and risk them spotting us.  One way or another, we'll probably need to act within the next minute or so. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 08:42:12 PM »
experience 1200 each

How long do you plan?

One minute?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 08:43:35 PM »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »
We could disguise ourselves magically. One of us as the driver, another as the unconscious professor.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 10:11:03 AM »
We could disguise ourselves magically. One of us as the driver, another as the unconscious professor.

Can you do that?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 04:30:19 PM »
Can you do that?
I can. I have a hat of disguise and an “alter self” potion.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 05:32:56 PM »
I can. I have a hat of disguise and an “alter self” potion.
That's great, but what's the plan after two of us get into their camp incognito?  Obviously, one of us has to hold the real driver and keep the professor from harm, but what then?  Should we hide and wait for a signal to spring into action?