Author Topic: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 08:07:49 PM »
Finn continues his story/filibuster for as long as he’s given the floor. Think endless, rambling Grandpa Simpson story, but less dementia.

After a minute, Gneon begins to talk over you.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 09:11:39 AM »
Gneon continues, "I am going to give you one chance to accept my offer before I bring the might of technology to bear and end your reign.  So long as you are in control of Iott, never have your tinkist fanatics approach a place under my protection.  Never have you agents come in their stead.  Never pay mercenaries or summon creatures to act against me and mine.  I require no assurances against those that do not call me leader."

The Marshall says nothing and there is a long tense pause.  To those that are looking closely, the members of her entourage are mouthing words.  The Marshall takes a ten second stare at each person in the room.

There is a rustle from above that almost triggers a firearm, and then most of you see a small bat winged creature (imp or mephit) fly to the shoulder of the Marshall and speak into her ear.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 04:45:40 PM »
Does anyone take any actions after the appearance of the small creature?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 05:00:49 PM »
Does anyone take any actions after the appearance of the small creature?
I try to read their lips, but I don't fire my shotgun yet.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
I try to read their lips, but I don't fire my shotgun yet.

I highly doubt you speak the language.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 06:33:36 PM »
I continue to wait.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 07:02:48 PM »
I highly doubt you speak the language.
I didn't say I'd succeed, I just said I'd try.  :)

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2136
    • View Profile
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 09:58:39 PM »
Does anyone take any actions after the appearance of the small creature?
“Where was I? Oh yeah, I was stalling for time for everyone to calm down.










Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2019, 10:06:10 PM »
“Where was I? Oh yeah, I was stalling for time for everyone to calm down.











"Stay on target!" Gneon orders the others.  "Stop your rambling fool!"

The entourage takes steps and shifts in a very ordered fashion for a moment while Gneon shouts.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »
I whisper to Gneon "just say the word and I'll pull the trigger."

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2019, 09:11:41 AM »
The Marshall finally speaks, calmly and strongly saying, "I believe you have me at a disadvantage.  Well played  Gnean (note that she says it incorrectly)."

Her dress brings to move and change shape.  "But my situation is less dire than you believe."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2019, 11:02:41 AM »
Does Finn continue his rambling?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.