Author Topic: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« on: July 19, 2019, 12:39:12 AM »
Bonus xp for a recap for Cordero
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: More Summoned Spiders Than You Can Shake a Wand At
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
Finn - 1500xp

Marston - 800xp

Arken - 1100xp

Owen - 1750xp

Artemus - 800xp

Rathos - 1050xp

message me with any levels.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »
Despite the doors and shutters closing, the lights remain on as they are powered by electricity.

One of the servers (a gnome) flips his tray to use as a small shield and pulls a firearm out of a teapot.  The other server dives under the table.

When the Iottian contingent entered the room, there were five eerily identical human men and the Marshall.  As soon as the shutters and doors close the humans no longer appear eerily identical.  One is a female elf and one is a male dwarf.  The other three remain human males, although not identical.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »
Recap:

We all floated down to the mine on Owen's rock carpet.  On our way down, we spotted a giant bird and a twig man riding it.  Before we emptied a volley of shotgun rounds into it, the bird revealed himself to be Finn and his sidekick Bonsai.  Once we fully descended, we discovered a giant drill-like object with gravel combs for sifting Earth.  We found a maintenance hatch and discovered all the missing miners bound and gagged with the exception of three.  We rescued them and they told us the names of the three missing.  They gathered some of their personal belongings and a few trinkets from those who went missing.  We all made our way back to Gneon's hotel by dinner time.

Gneon met us all and spoke to each of the miners.  He fed us and allowed us all to clean up, then afterwards, Finn gathered the items from the missing miners and scryed them.  He found them bound, gagged, and unconscious in a dried up gulch outside the city limits.  Finn woke up Gneon's assistant and demanded he get Gneon.  He received a little push-back, so he went to the Sheriff's office and asked for assistance.  They told him the location was out of their jurisdiction.  In frustration, he went back to the hotel and harassed the assistant until he finally sent a messenger to get Gneon.

Gneon showed up armed to the teeth and then we all went to gather more helpers, realizing that we were clearly walking into a trap.  We picked up Marston and Artemus on the way.

Once there, we searched around and found the hostages.  Gneon and Owen floated up to 61 feet on the rock carpet and the rest of us gathered around the gulch.  Finn summoned some earth elementals, but they were quickly dismissed.  It wasn't long before we were assaulted by dozens of summoned creatures and hit with electricity.  Fortunately, there was a Circle of Protection from Evil cast as well as a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability.  We all hovered within the protective circles and retrieved the miners.  A couple minutes later, a shot rang out from the rock carpet and suddenly all the summoned creatures winked out.  Gneon and Owen came down off the rock and we all went to look at the newly deceased Horarian assassin with a gigantic hole in his chest.  With him out of the way, Gneon planted the assassin's staff under his body (the one he confiscated last session) and activated some sort of detonator.  We all hid in the gulch and waited for the inevitable posse of assassins to teleport in and finish us off.  Sure enough, they showed up and then they all died in a fiery explosion.  It was at that point that we all high-tailed it out of there and headed back to the hotel.     

Once we got back, Gneon explained how the Iottians tend to have contingency's set up for all instances; when their stuff is stolen, when they're knocked out, when they die, etc.  Marston left after that since all Gimhold citezens were now safe.  It wasn't long after that the Marshall of Iott and her entourage arrived, and they were ready to throw down.  They threatened us with magic and challenged Gneon's authority.

It was at this point that Gneon revealed he is a direct descendant of Highlander and proceeded to activate a magic suppression field while shutting off all the exits and windows to the building.  We're now in a Mexican standoff with the Marshall and her team of wizards.  Those of us with firearms have them trained on the wizards and the wizards are reeling from their newly revealed technological impotence. 

...cliffhanger...   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 10:32:03 AM »
What is the reaction of the characters in the room?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 10:56:03 AM »
I wait for the deity and queen of all magic to make a move.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 11:05:13 AM »
I wait for the deity and queen of all magic to make a move.

Is Artemus still there?  I don't remember if he spent the night or went home.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
Arken has his Rockshot ready to fire, but won't pull the trigger unless they strike first.

I believe Gneon was about to start a dialogue with the Marshall now that they've been diffused, but if they decide to fight, they get a face full of shrapnel.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »
Artemus is probably there.  I think he was worried about going back to his house after the incident in case they came after people individually.  He just waits for others to do something first.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »
Finn, Owen?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »
Finn puts himself between the parties, trying to calm the room: "Everyone take a breath. There is no need for violence. Enough people have been hurt already. Whatever issues you have with each other's life choices can be resolved peacefully. You know, this situation kind of reminds me of this one time years ago in the Intorian Desert when me and my first adventuring party got caught in the middle of a standoff between a caravan of desert elves and a tribe of bugbear nomads. They were having trouble playing in the same sandbox (heh). My wife did most of the talking then - she's much more eloquent then I am. Probably because I'm more comfortable talking to plants than people. Strange how 2 different people can find each other, right? (stares off dreamily) Wait, where was I? Oh yeah, the sandbox..."

Diplomacy d20+7=21.

Bonsai swears in sylvan and ducks under the table.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 10:41:53 AM »
Owen, surmising what just happened, pulls out his axe, looks at it a bit incredulously and puts it on the table, blade facing away from him, and rests his hand on it.  He waits patiently to see how things play out.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 07:18:40 PM »
There is a pause to allow Finn to talk, all respect to Habastly.  The marshall's entourage encircle's her.  A trap door drops open from the ceiling and a gnome mounted on a seat attached to a small cannon hangs in the room.  Door in the floor open and dark clad, leather skinned gnomes tumble into the room, armed with daggers, flanking the group.

Gneon continues, "I am going to give you one chance to accept my offer before I bring the might of technology to bear and end your reign.  So long as you are in control of Iott, never have your tinkist fanatics approach a place under my protection.  Never have you agents come in their stead.  Never pay mercenaries or summon creatures to act against me and mine.  I require no assurances against those that do not call me leader."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »
Recap:

We all floated down to the mine on Owen's rock carpet.  On our way down, we spotted a giant bird and a twig man riding it.  Before we emptied a volley of shotgun rounds into it, the bird revealed himself to be Finn and his sidekick Bonsai.  Once we fully descended, we discovered a giant drill-like object with gravel combs for sifting Earth.  We found a maintenance hatch and discovered all the missing miners bound and gagged with the exception of three.  We rescued them and they told us the names of the three missing.  They gathered some of their personal belongings and a few trinkets from those who went missing.  We all made our way back to Gneon's hotel by dinner time.

Gneon met us all and spoke to each of the miners.  He fed us and allowed us all to clean up, then afterwards, Finn gathered the items from the missing miners and scryed them.  He found them bound, gagged, and unconscious in a dried up gulch outside the city limits.  Finn woke up Gneon's assistant and demanded he get Gneon.  He received a little push-back, so he went to the Sheriff's office and asked for assistance.  They told him the location was out of their jurisdiction.  In frustration, he went back to the hotel and harassed the assistant until he finally sent a messenger to get Gneon.

Gneon showed up armed to the teeth and then we all went to gather more helpers, realizing that we were clearly walking into a trap.  We picked up Marston and Artemus on the way.

Once there, we searched around and found the hostages.  Gneon and Owen floated up to 61 feet on the rock carpet and the rest of us gathered around the gulch.  Finn summoned some earth elementals, but they were quickly dismissed.  It wasn't long before we were assaulted by dozens of summoned creatures and hit with electricity.  Fortunately, there was a Circle of Protection from Evil cast as well as a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability.  We all hovered within the protective circles and retrieved the miners.  A couple minutes later, a shot rang out from the rock carpet and suddenly all the summoned creatures winked out.  Gneon and Owen came down off the rock and we all went to look at the newly deceased Horarian assassin with a gigantic hole in his chest.  With him out of the way, Gneon planted the assassin's staff under his body (the one he confiscated last session) and activated some sort of detonator.  We all hid in the gulch and waited for the inevitable posse of assassins to teleport in and finish us off.  Sure enough, they showed up and then they all died in a fiery explosion.  It was at that point that we all high-tailed it out of there and headed back to the hotel.     

Once we got back, Gneon explained how the Iottians tend to have contingency's set up for all instances; when their stuff is stolen, when they're knocked out, when they die, etc.  Marston left after that since all Gimhold citezens were now safe.  It wasn't long after that the Marshall of Iott and her entourage arrived, and they were ready to throw down.  They threatened us with magic and challenged Gneon's authority.

It was at this point that Gneon revealed he is a direct descendant of Highlander and proceeded to activate a magic suppression field while shutting off all the exits and windows to the building.  We're now in a Mexican standoff with the Marshall and her team of wizards.  Those of us with firearms have them trained on the wizards and the wizards are reeling from their newly revealed technological impotence. 

...cliffhanger...   

Nice recap 50xp

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 08:00:25 PM »
There is a pause to allow Finn to talk, all respect to Habastly.  The marshall's entourage encircle's her. 
Finn continues his story/filibuster for as long as he’s given the floor. Think endless, rambling Grandpa Simpson story, but less dementia.