Author Topic: Fourth Stop: Newporton  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Fourth Stop: Newporton
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
No problem.  Chase will go as a Common Human and Grognoth will simply go and be peaceful.  He'll spread the good word of Stasis to anyone who'll listen.  If there's any type of festival or fair going on, he'll volunteer to perform feats of strength or put on a martial arts demonstration for the kids.

The Vass are happy to let you demonstrate how strong you are by dragging barges through mud by yourself.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 03:57:42 PM »
The Vass are happy to let you demonstrate how strong you are by dragging barges through mud by yourself.
Grognoth happily assists with the barges.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 08:58:07 PM »
As your ship comes into the delta area, you see where the many ships have laid anchor to unload.  As you approach, you are hailed by a military ship.  It does not surprise you, as Chase had alerted you to it and the many others in the region.  It is clearly a Yellowian ship; wooden, long and low and meant for speed.  It is the Blessed Waverider 2.  The hail tells you that a high ranking member of the Yellowian Navy would like to speak with the captain and officers before you go into the city.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 11:44:12 PM »
As your ship comes into the delta area, you see where the many ships have laid anchor to unload.  As you approach, you are hailed by a military ship.  It does not surprise you, as Chase had alerted you to it and the many others in the region.  It is clearly a Yellowian ship; wooden, long and low and meant for speed.  It is the Blessed Waverider 2.  The hail tells you that a high ranking member of the Yellowian Navy would like to speak with the captain and officers before you go into the city.
Taiji goes to inspect the integrity of the cargo holds.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 08:21:49 AM »

We are happy to meet with them.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »
The ship pulls up to within 50 feet.  There is a line up of Yellowian sailors on the deck in a fair order.  At their center is a human in a blue and yellow cape (yellow on the inside).  He is wearing finely crafted sailors' military wear.  In his left chest is the blue background yellow sun insignia of the navy, where quadrants and points of the sun are filled in to indicate rank.  On his right chest of the blue background and white symbol of Lakius.  He is white hair, which is short but not military cut.  It blow in the wind as he waits for the ship to come to a stop.  He has a mustache and a stern look.

When the ship comes to a near stop, he steps off and walks on the water over to your ship.  Riding a wave to the deck he says, "Admiral Samuel Mist, cleric of Lakius, here to talk with the captain and officers of the Guardian of the Tides, including one Nathan Seatender."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 11:28:46 PM »
The ship pulls up to within 50 feet.  There is a line up of Yellowian sailors on the deck in a fair order.  At their center is a human in a blue and yellow cape (yellow on the inside).  He is wearing finely crafted sailors' military wear.  In his left chest is the blue background yellow sun insignia of the navy, where quadrants and points of the sun are filled in to indicate rank.  On his right chest of the blue background and white symbol of Lakius.  He is white hair, which is short but not military cut.  It blow in the wind as he waits for the ship to come to a stop.  He has a mustache and a stern look.

When the ship comes to a near stop, he steps off and walks on the water over to your ship.  Riding a wave to the deck he says, "Admiral Samuel Mist, cleric of Lakius, here to talk with the captain and officers of the Guardian of the Tides, including one Nathan Seatender."

Nathan is already on Deck so I can answer unless the captain or someone else should respond to him first.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 11:52:25 PM »
Nathan is already on Deck so I can answer unless the captain or someone else should respond to him first.

Amare says, "Welcome aboard Admiral.  I am Captain Amare, at your service.  That you for the greeting and letting us dock outside you fine city."  He then motions for Nathan to speak.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »
Amare says, "Welcome aboard Admiral.  I am Captain Amare, at your service.  That you for the greeting and letting us dock outside you fine city."  He then motions for Nathan to speak.

Greeting admiral.  I am Nathan.  I would be happy to speak with you.  Feel free to ask me anything and then I will tell you why I am here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 10:39:50 AM »
Greeting admiral.  I am Nathan.  I would be happy to speak with you.  Feel free to ask me anything and then I will tell you why I am here.

"I head of your arrival from the high cleric and then sought out information about you and your ship before you arrived.  I would just like to confirm some of what I have heard first."  He crosses his arms and asks questions.  He asks in the manner of a commanding officer.

"How many times have you encountered the demonic tentacles and in which places?"

"Which cleric of Lakius have been killed?"

"Have any navies opposed you?"

"Which temples have you visited?"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 06:02:49 PM »
"I head of your arrival from the high cleric and then sought out information about you and your ship before you arrived.  I would just like to confirm some of what I have heard first."  He crosses his arms and asks questions.  He asks in the manner of a commanding officer.

"How many times have you encountered the demonic tentacles and in which places?"

"Which cleric of Lakius have been killed?"

"Have any navies opposed you?"

"Which temples have you visited?"

We have encountered them 2 times and there was another instance that has happened at Phiam a few years back.

The cleric in Northut and the cleric in Phiam have been killed.  There were also some missing clerics in port springs.

We have not have any navies official oppose us.  Of course the hororian pirates don't like us.

I give him the list of temples and also explain what happened in the orcish empire.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
"Very well.  I accept your answers.  As a fellow cleric of Lakius, I hope that your path leads the faith to a stronger destiny that the last high clerics have given.  As an admiral of the navy of Yellowia, I offer you safe harbor."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 10:18:40 PM »
Thank you for your hospitality.  Based on what I told you,  do you think any of the temples in Yellowia might be at risk? Would you like me to inspect any temples with you or will you handle the temples on yellowian coast.  Also I have some seatenders that are eager to help the faith grow would any be of service to you?  Also do you know anything of Undrile that is our next stop.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 12:09:12 AM »
Thank you for your hospitality.  Based on what I told you,  do you think any of the temples in Yellowia might be at risk? Would you like me to inspect any temples with you or will you handle the temples on yellowian coast.  Also I have some seatenders that are eager to help the faith grow would any be of service to you?  Also do you know anything of Undrile that is our next stop.

"There are a number of shrines and temples of Lakius in Yellowia, but none rise to the size or the ones you've visited.  Most are small, town shrines where the cleric of Lakius would be known to all.  They would probably be to small for Dagon to consider.  I will keep checking, though, when I visit them.

I would be happy to keep a few of your trainees.  Yellowians will take to this new philosophy of Lakius better than most nations I think."

After a sigh, "Undrile has fallen into dark times.  When the Tyrogatorian judges lost control of the city some years back, forces of chaos and wildness took over.  We advise out ships to avoid it if possible, and not to stay long if they have to stop.  I fear the temple of Lakius that was there has not been heard from in years.  Salista Saam, the cleric of the temple, was turned to Tommimao after the fall of Tyrogatore.  The lesser clerics, if there were any, have not contacted me."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 12:58:22 PM »
Unless there are objections, we will play a limited amount of time in Newporton (half hour) and move on to Undrile.