Author Topic: First Stop: Northut  (Read 5900 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: First Stop: Northut
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2019, 11:54:28 AM »
Once I locate it, I use a question request to find out population. I then personally scout it out to conduct general reconnaissance - a rough census of the population (are there lots of warriors, children, etc), layout of the city, any temples/shrines, any beasts of burden/war (e.g., an armada of sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads). No detailed snooping, just want to make note of anything obvious.

When you approach, you immediately sense that there are many spirits around this place.  It is rare for you to sense so many.

The city, located about ten miles out to sea, is sprawling and not well organized in construction.  You believe it has around 50,000.  You see some large sharks, but nothing like a war host.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »
We waited around for the authorities to show up.  While waiting, we noticed a ship hastily leaving port.  Detect Ship revealed it to be a pirate spy vessel with a Horarian port of call.  We sent Ritvali out to infiltrate the ship, but once aboard, he was revealed by magic lamps and other devices, so he left.  We left that as a loose end since we were focused on clearing our names in Northut and reestablishing the faith of Lakius.

While we were waiting, a crowd was gathering and we were eventually approached by a group of about 20 officials from the city.  They ranged from soldiers to diplomats, constables, inquisitors, Amatine Gnome enforcers, and a cleric of Lakius.  They questioned us all individually and put us through the ringer with magic detections and other truth telling methods.  We all checked out clean and were allowed to go about our business in the city. 

We let them in on what we had planned and they agreed that our idea would be good for the city and for the respective faiths of the four creator deities.

They sent us the aid of the premiere Comedic Bard in the city and we worked to put together the telling of our tale in dramatic form.  All Bards and officers played their part and the festivities went uninterrupted, including the symbolic rebuilding of the lighthouse with the lyre.  We drew enormous crowds of 50,000 - 100,000 (half the city's population).  It was pretty epic.  I joked that it was like Live Aid for Lakius.  No doubt our good deeds will continue to spread as we continue on to our next destination.   
Bump for XP.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »
Right, I forgot about him.  I was running on fumes last night and his encounter simply escaped me.

So, to Windblade's point, we met a winged elf Evangelist of a goodly deity trying to siphon power from the four creation gods.  No harm came to him or any of us, but we were told he was a troublemaker.  Rin met with him and had a philosophical discussion about how lazy the creation deities have become and that his faith would fix the issues.  Rin took the comments well and decided to take his statements as a challenge for the faithful of the creation deities to step up their game.  This is now part of the preaching Rin and Nathan are spreading to the faithful of Lakius and Treetop.
Bump for XP.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.