Author Topic: Crew That Goes, Crew that Stays  (Read 9279 times)

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: Crew That Goes, Crew that Stays
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
If he only brought the Ballista then I guess it is fine to pay him for it.  That being said we are getting low on money and have a long journey ahead us so I am not completely on board.  How much did Gaberial make because he had a share vs what what would he have made if he didn't.  It sounds like at minimum he traded a balissta for a whole other ship. Sounds like potentially a good deal maybe Nathan will sell his share for orginigal market value. 

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 09:40:17 PM »
If he only brought the Ballista then I guess it is fine to pay him for it.  That being said we are getting low on money and have a long journey ahead us so I am not completely on board.  How much did Gaberial make because he had a share vs what what would he have made if he didn't.  It sounds like at minimum he traded a balissta for a whole other ship. Sounds like potentially a good deal maybe Nathan will sell his share for orginigal market value.

Keep in mind that the trade off is his continues to get a percentage of the ship's take forever.  It would seem that amount would certainly be more than the buy out now over the life of the ship.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »
Keep in mind that the trade off is his continues to get a percentage of the ship's take forever.  It would seem that amount would certainly be more than the buy out now over the life of the ship.
For the sake of simplicity, and because Gabriel is a trusted friend that we’ve been through hell with, let’s just buy the ballista from him, offer our sincere wishes for success on his new endeavor, and be done with it.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »
For the sake of simplicity, and because Gabriel is a trusted friend that we’ve been through hell with, let’s just buy the ballista from him, offer our sincere wishes for success on his new endeavor, and be done with it.
Taiji offers to chip in 5k towards the ballista. “If I’m sticking with you guys knowingly sailing into the trouble that’s certainly waiting for us, I feel like I should have some skin in the game.”

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 10:37:26 PM »
Amare is looking for input on this from the officers: Nathan, Rin, Chase, Sas
Ssaskra fully supports recruitment of more vass.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »

I will grant one more day for any objections, and if not he will go find some Vass.

There are also some bards clamoring to join the crew, along with a pleading gnome who claims not to be a bard...

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »
The ten acolytes of Lakius you take on are not crew, but will help for as long as they are on the ship.  They are as follows:

Senyohafa ranger/cleric x1

Taiji spends lots of time with this one to see if they might be cousins. Which might prove difficult considering Taiji doesn’t know much about his parents, but he’ll try anyway.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 10:48:04 PM »
Taiji spends lots of time with this one to see if they might be cousins. Which might prove difficult considering Taiji doesn’t know much about his parents, but he’ll try anyway.

His name is Leho, and he is happy to have another of your kind on the crew.  He did know his parents, and came from a stable family where he was trained to protect the community.  When Lakius did not aid them in their time of need, he went to seek out the elders of the faith to confront them.  He learned that the hermits were not interested in protecting populations and soon after heard of Nathan and the sea tender tradition.  "I will return after I have learned."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2019, 11:45:55 PM »

I am fine with a few more but we do want to make sure we have enough room for human crew which is starting to become a minority

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2019, 11:46:56 PM »

That is fine I am just worried are funds are getting low now.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2019, 07:14:58 AM »
I will grant one more day for any objections, and if not he will go find some Vass.

There are also some bards clamoring to join the crew, along with a pleading gnome who claims not to be a bard...
Chase is good with Vaas and Bards. 

Regarding this Gnome, we should interview him and put him through all the usual tests (ability tests, screening for evil, spellcasting capabilities, fighting skills, sailing, etc.).  If he's worthy, we can recruit him.  Also, he gets extra testing to make sure he's not running from the law.  We have enough refugees on this ship and don't need to be harboring criminals, falsely accused or otherwise. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2019, 07:19:05 AM »
That is fine I am just worried are funds are getting low now.
Taiji said he'd contribute 5K and Chase offers to pay for the rest in order to increase his ownership share.  This will also serve to eliminate the financial burden of our ship's funds, assuming the officers agree to this proposal of course. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »
Amare is looking for input on this from the officers: Nathan, Rin, Chase, Sas
It might be a good idea to have some hardy folk onboard.  Perhaps some people who can handle themselves in a fight. 

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2019, 09:26:14 AM »
It might be a good idea to have some hardy folk onboard.  Perhaps some people who can handle themselves in a fight.

Kassiss Essik says, "I will reach out to ssssome hard, pipe-hittin' Vasssss."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2019, 10:00:41 AM »
Kassiss Essik says, "I will reach out to ssssome hard, pipe-hittin' Vasssss."