Author Topic: Destruction of a Quasi Deity  (Read 13463 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Destruction of a Quasi Deity
« on: June 29, 2018, 12:31:06 AM »
Too late for story time, but here is experience:

Ari - 16,900
Ajax - 18,350
Solaris - 19,900
Marston -  18,300
Harrick - 18,300
Rubius - 1,000
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Destruction of a Quasi Deity
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 07:16:40 AM »
That's a "tasty" bit of experience. 

that best quote of the night " Demi-God pixie dust"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »
Solaris is now Epic.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 10:57:04 AM »
To move back a moment...

After the destruction of Bakenrashu, most of you follow Joseph and Harrick's lead deeper into the temple, several rounds behind them.  Likely you heal yourselves along the way, slowing your pursuit.  Asinjin calls for Rubius to come back outside, where Astrek and he are.

While healing and finding and destroying the phylacteries is going on inside, a process which takes more than a minute; outside Rubius sees, and Asinjin relays what is going on there.  A group of twelve individuals is standing off against an organizing mob of Hertoplowans.  The twelve, who Gails reports did not all arrive together; consist of holy agents of Falan, Waywatchers, Bladelords, and Guardians.  Asinjin and Rubius know none of them, nor does Gails.

Asinjin does not engage them, but watches defends and relays information.  He spent two dozen spells buffing you all and with the spells he typically uses and the ones getting here and cast, he does not have a lot left to deal with a mob of humans.  About the time Harrick is drinking the dust; the fighting begins.  Asinjin reports that clerics of Han~Sui and Everentual are leading the militia, which has swelled to two hundred or more.  Spells of all sorts are being laid down.  Gails withdraws to a safe distance.

The twelve do a marvelous job of defending.  They are most interested in making sure no one gets by them, which hinders their ability to win the battle.  By the time you are about to exit, Asinjin informs you that escape is the only option.  There can be no fighting this horde to a stalemate.  Gails says hundreds are streaming in from all over the place with a religious fervor.  Asinjin also says there must be powerful clerics in the horde because the area has been dimensionally locked.

When you get outside, three of the twelve defenders are missing, and they have been pushed back, crowding you at the entrance.  The two figures among them that some of you immediately recognize are Eri Blackburn, the cleric of Falan who had been the most notable one in Hertoplowis and who Bakenrashu drove away; and Vollae Marshallheart, known as the Armor of Righteousness a knight of the Banished Hero, Waywatcher and Paladin of Hemator generally based in Pacyr.

When you exit the temple, Eri thinks to you all (he is a known Psion), ~They want use all arrested, there will be no convincing them otherwise.  We cannot hold off the force that will be here within a minute~

There is not a lot of time for discussion, but I will give each a chance to post a thought.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:34:05 PM by Asinjin »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
Does Dimensional Anchor prevent Ajax from gating us out of here?  If we all exit and make a mad dash for an area outside the temple, can we throw up a Gate, jump in, then quickly close it behind us?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
Does Dimensional Anchor prevent Ajax from gating us out of here?  If we all exit and make a mad dash for an area outside the temple, can we throw up a Gate, jump in, then quickly close it behind us?

Asinjin says, its a spell that covers the area and it prevents all dimensional travel.  There is no where to go other than into the temple or through the crowd; or up if everyone could fly.  His best thought it getting everyone into the air and than various teleports or just fly away; or possibly gate.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 11:41:16 AM »
Asinjin says, its a spell that covers the area and it prevents all dimensional travel.  There is no where to go other than into the temple or through the crowd; or up if everyone could fly.  His best thought it getting everyone into the air and than various teleports or just fly away; or possibly gate.
I'm not sure how long the spell lasts, but Marston had Fly cast on him right before we ended the fight.  A few others did too, so if Asinjin and our other casters can get us air born between spells and potions, that idea might work.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 12:39:58 PM »
I'm not sure how long the spell lasts, but Marston had Fly cast on him right before we ended the fight.  A few others did too, so if Asinjin and our other casters can get us air born between spells and potions, that idea might work.

Ajax's was dispelled, as was Solaris'.  Yours is still active.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 01:07:48 PM »
I imagine i'm resting peacefully, a little more full then when I got here.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
Ajax's was dispelled, as was Solaris'.  Yours is still active.

Solaris still has his fly up and my wings along with divine power is still activie.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 06:55:26 PM »
Also of note, Harrick is conscious by the time you get outside.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 10:36:58 AM »
Rubius can turn invisible then turn into a gaseous cloud to escape, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to re-materialize in order for Asinjin to teleport me.  I could mist through a gate though. 

Now we just need to get everyone else in the air.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 04:39:58 PM »
Solaris is now Epic.
Welcome to the club!

That bumps Ari up to 22.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 04:58:32 PM »
Could a strategically placed wall of force (or 2) give us enough wiggle room to clear the locked down area?

Navi can also do another mass fly. But it will take a lot of convincing to get Astrek to take his feet off the ground.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:00:14 PM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »
Were we able to locate the 2nd lich's phylactery and the vampire?