Author Topic: How Many Claudes Does it Take to Kill a Dragon  (Read 50383 times)

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: How Many Claudes Does it Take to Kill a Dragon
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »
We actually discussed this and found that they were not cost effective to make as an income source.  the XP cost was astronomically high compared to making other items for profit.

Correct, you effectively can't pay to have one made.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2018, 12:32:27 PM »

50/50 is probably better then most ships run.
Based on what info? I tried to validate against a general industry baseline, but couldn’t find a source of data. Franchise investments typically run ~20% annual ROI. We are an order of magnitude higher off of 1 profit event.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2018, 12:39:52 PM »
I also think the money for the Manual of Constitution should be taken out of the amount before splitting it up.  The money that is made from the manual will be then be split among the owners.
I assumed the manual value is included in the total item value, and individuals would bid on it using  money from their share. Anything in excess of the share can go to the general expense fund. I would really prefer not to make this math any more complex than it already is.

The monthly installments from the salvaged items broke my estimate format.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2018, 02:29:16 PM »
I assumed the manual value is included in the total item value, and individuals would bid on it using  money from their share. Anything in excess of the share can go to the general expense fund. I would really prefer not to make this math any more complex than it already is.

Yes, they are bidding with money from their share.  Amare agrees, excess goes into GE fund.

Does anyone else plan on bidding?  There are no other NPCs that make an bid.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2018, 02:32:54 PM »
Yes, they are bidding with money from their share.  Amare agrees, excess goes into GE fund.

Chase was planning on bidding, but I was waiting to see how much we get before deciding.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »

The 40/60 is fine but it is strange to bid on something that has already been counted into a share.  I just thought it would be smoother to take it out.  I would think you make the calculations easier by just not including it.  Then we just treat it as an extra item the owners found that people can bid on.  The money then goes to the owners. 

I also think it will be cleaner to keep the manual of the totals because everyone can then figure out all there other items first and then see how much money they actually have to bid with.  Nathan will definitely be trading part of his share for part of the dragon scales to make a suit of armor.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:48:57 PM by Windblade »

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »

Nathan will definitely being bidding aggressively for it.  It will greatly help me since I am constantly in the fray.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2018, 03:02:00 PM »
The 40/60 is fine but it is strange to bid on something that has already been counted into a share.  I just thought it would be smoother to take it out.  I would think you make the calculations easier by just not including it.  Then we just treat it as an extra item the owners found that people can bid on.  The money then goes to the owners. 

I also think it will be cleaner to keep the manual of the totals because everyone can then figure out all there other items first and then see how much money they actually have to bid with.  Nathan will definitely be trading part of his share for part of the dragon scales to make a suit of armor.

Amare disagrees.  "Include the amount the purser stated in part of the total.  That gives everyone a fair chance, since some would need that coin to make a competitive bid."

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »
The Purser mentions, "I can make inquires to the elite of society and see if anyone has any interest in the book.  It may fetch quite a ransom."

Amare responds, "I think that is a bad idea."

Braden the Purser responds, "Who knows what value this could have?  If we tell the kingdom of Icefia, they might pay a true king's ransom.  Millions!"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2018, 03:49:44 PM »
Amare disagrees.  "Include the amount the purser stated in part of the total.  That gives everyone a fair chance, since some would need that coin to make a competitive bid."

the 160,000 is so little when it is divided up among all the crew that it really won't effect anyone's ability to bid.  So I still think it is cleaner to keep it out.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2018, 09:19:43 AM »
Windfall#2 value = 6,000,000 cash + 414,000 magic items + 32,000 parts = 6,446,000 gc

Distribution:
Blue collar staff (qty 54) = 4,000 ea = 216,000
White collar staff (qty 10) = 12,000 ea = 120,000
Rin/Nathan = 803,198 ea
Ssaskra/Valdis/Claude = 463,997 ea
Amare = 264,643
Chase = 235,351
Gabriel = 222,126
Jean, Ship Mage = 212,738
Kasai/Len/Midiyro = 139,787 ea
Falcon/Taiji/Wake/Fitolin, Helmsman/Isayawa/ Braden, Purser = 108,928 ea
Veronica/Tsari'moti = 51,905 ea

Expense account = 1,000,016 before any deductions

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:02:46 AM by Asinjin »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2018, 09:24:44 AM »
The Purser mentions, "I can make inquires to the elite of society and see if anyone has any interest in the book.  It may fetch quite a ransom."

Amare responds, "I think that is a bad idea."

Ssaskra agrees with the Captain. Let's not draw any more attention to ourselves than necessary.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »
Starting the List of deductions:

10,000 (5,000 x 2 for the two Raise Deads)

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2018, 10:06:19 AM »
Was there talk of a bonus for the Gunners that bravely came to the deck to help fire the Ballista with Gabriel and attack with magic missiles?

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2018, 10:10:53 AM »
With the mission when the crew signed on having been the defeat of Olhydra's cult, and that mission not complete; Amare says that the crew is bound by contract to stay on board.

"I will leave it to you owners to decide if you would like to allow a temporary offer out of the contract while we are at port.  There are a half dozen or so that would take the offer.  There are a couple that will sneak away with their pay.  Or at least try to sneak away." Amare says.