Author Topic: How Many Claudes Does it Take to Kill a Dragon  (Read 50388 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: How Many Claudes Does it Take to Kill a Dragon
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »
Remember the costs of getting items identified and sold, as well as the fact that it was decided that you would take more time to get more money, so some of this is not immediately available.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »
I think these expenses can come out of the million.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2018, 02:16:48 PM »
I think we should just cut 1,000,000 gc into the expense fund. Upgrades and supplies can come off of that (if no one wants to personally invest), and surplus should go into an account so we can generate some interest.

Sounds good.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »
I have it.

Need to know how much we are paying our blue collar and white collar salaried employees. Current rate is only 4 gc/wk and 12 gc/wk, respectively. How about we keep the same ratio and do lump sum payments of 4,000 gc for blue collar and 12,000 gc for white collar?

Total cost would be 336,000 for 64 crew. After that plus the 1,000,000 deduct for the expense account, we are left with 5,110,000 for owners and stakeholders.

Also sounds good.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »
Are we good with splitting the remainder 40/60 between owners and stakeholders?

I just wanted to clarify this one a bit.  Is this 60% for the owners and investors and the 40% for people who get a share as crew (which also includes some owners and investors)?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »
Once you have finalized this, which hopefully Hero can post the discussion results from Thursday for Windblade, the bidding on the Manual begins.

To be clear, as Amare discussed, the manual increases Constitution by five points when read.  He starts the bidding at 150,000gc.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2018, 10:28:43 PM »
I just wanted to clarify this one a bit.  Is this 60% for the owners and investors and the 40% for people who get a share as crew (which also includes some owners and investors)?
Other way around. 40% owners, 60% stakeholders. It's a 1,000,000 swing. Reversing it gives the owners a disproportionate payout since it's divided by fewer recipients.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2018, 11:08:31 PM »
Okay, so to recap Thursday's discussion, I worked out a different payout structure for the stakeholders. Previous version was linear based on rank. Proposed version is based on rank + a natural log function that uses a "contribution" factor. Basically, this allows lower ranked crew to earn more if they take risks and make a difference.

Payout Structure = Rank + LN(2*Contribution - Expectation)

Rank is a scale of 1-4 (4=captain), Contribution is 1-3 (1=hid in the hold for the encounter, 3=made a significant impact), Expectation is expected performance on a scale of 1-3 (basically equal to rank, 1=Veronica, 3=all the high level PCs).

So Nathan et al would be all 3's. Junior officers would be 2's. Gabriel would be Rank=1, Expectation=1, Contribution=3 (for standing his ground vs the dragon).

So couple questions before I post payout. Who are the junior officers? And was Claude the prelate on that voyage?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2018, 12:43:16 AM »
Other way around. 40% owners, 60% stakeholders. It's a 1,000,000 swing. Reversing it gives the owners a disproportionate payout since it's divided by fewer recipients.

I think it should go 50/50.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2018, 08:34:49 AM »
Okay, so to recap Thursday's discussion, I worked out a different payout structure for the stakeholders. Previous version was linear based on rank. Proposed version is based on rank + a natural log function that uses a "contribution" factor. Basically, this allows lower ranked crew to earn more if they take risks and make a difference.

Payout Structure = Rank + LN(2*Contribution - Expectation)

Rank is a scale of 1-4 (4=captain), Contribution is 1-3 (1=hid in the hold for the encounter, 3=made a significant impact), Expectation is expected performance on a scale of 1-3 (basically equal to rank, 1=Veronica, 3=all the high level PCs).

So Nathan et al would be all 3's. Junior officers would be 2's. Gabriel would be Rank=1, Expectation=1, Contribution=3 (for standing his ground vs the dragon).

So couple questions before I post payout. Who are the junior officers? And was Claude the prelate on that voyage?

Claude was the Prelate

Junior Officers: Midiyro, Kasai, Chase

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »
Return on investment for the owners on a 50/50 (owners/stakeholders) split is 214%. That’s based on profit, so it’s on top of payback of the initial investment. That’s pretty excessive. A 40/60 split yields a more reasonable ROI of 150%. Still high but less obscene. Break even ROI (owners getting back their initial investment) occurs at a split of ~16/84.

I like the 40/60 split since it puts more weight on paying the folks actually exposed to risk.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2018, 07:06:32 PM »

Typical Windblade, thinking the CEOs should make all the money...

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2018, 07:55:56 AM »
Typical Windblade, thinking the CEOs should make all the money...

50/50 is probably better then most ships run.  That being said i'm ok with 60/40 as I want the best crew in the world.  We are a large target!

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2018, 11:54:03 PM »
I was thinking of 50/50 because of what Zunder was saying. I think most places on Habololy 50/50 would be generous.  However, since we are already taking a million off the top then I am ok with splitting the 5 mil 40/60.  I also think the money for the Manual of Constitution should be taken out of the amount before splitting it up.  The money that is made from the manual will be then be split among the owners.

Now all that being said if the manual is worth 160,000 then why would people just buy one from Tom's shop and play a similar amount instead of bidding on it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:41:30 AM by Windblade »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2018, 09:26:43 AM »
Now all that being said if the manual is worth 160,000 then why would people just buy one from Tom's shop and play a similar amount instead of bidding on it.

We actually discussed this and found that they were not cost effective to make as an income source.  the XP cost was astronomically high compared to making other items for profit.