Author Topic: How Many Claudes Does it Take to Kill a Dragon  (Read 50212 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: How Many Claudes Does it Take to Kill a Dragon
« Reply #255 on: July 31, 2018, 09:52:18 PM »
And a true ressurection scroll.  It's description says it can work on outsiders.
I learned something new today.

List cost for a true resurrection scroll is 28,825 gc.

This should be fun to watch.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #256 on: July 31, 2018, 10:04:09 PM »
500,000 bid.

And a true ressurection scroll.  It's description says it can work on outsiders.

Wait, does that mean you want to buy the scroll?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2018, 02:15:04 PM »
I just realized that the tome doesn't do anything for me since my shape shift sets my con to a bear's con.  (I was really looking forward to those extra HP when fighting)   If people want to readjust there bid and as if I didn't make one  I wouldn't care. Another thing I just thought about is that I don't  think whoever gets it should be able to sell it.  They have to read it once they win the bid.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2018, 02:56:34 PM »
I just realized that the tome doesn't do anything for me since my shape shift sets my con to a bear's con.  (I was really looking forward to those extra HP when fighting)   If people want to readjust there bid and as if I didn't make one  I wouldn't care. Another thing I just thought about is that I don't  think whoever gets it should be able to sell it.  They have to read it once they win the bid.

So we will go back to Claude's all in bid.  Rin?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »
They have to read it once they win the bid.
So, if I turn invisible and read over someone's shoulder, can I get half the CON bonus (2-3 points)?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »
Another thing I just thought about is that I don't  think whoever gets it should be able to sell it.  They have to read it once they win the bid.
Why?  Once they purchase the book, it should be theirs to do with as they please.  If Claude ends up with the winning bid, why shouldn't he be able to turn around and reach out to some powerful nations like Iot or Icefia and see if can get them to pay a few million for it?  We have that same option.  We don't have to sell to book to just those of us on the ship.  Our Purser said as much.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2018, 04:49:30 PM »
Why?  Once they purchase the book, it should be theirs to do with as they please.  If Claude ends up with the winning bid, why shouldn't he be able to turn around and reach out to some powerful nations like Iot or Icefia and see if can get them to pay a few million for it?  We have that same option.  We don't have to sell to book to just those of us on the ship.  Our Purser said as much.
Agreed

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2018, 05:06:20 PM »
Ok if that is the case then leave me in the bidding because I will attempt to sell it

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »
Ok if that is the case then leave me in the bidding because I will attempt to sell it
Ssaskra says: “I think it would be unwisssse to let outssssoders know we have ssssuch a thing. Even if only one of usss isss the true owner, would be thievvvvesss would sssstrike at all of ussss on the Guardian. Itssss public sssale putsss usss all at risssk.”

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »
Ssaskra says: “I think it would be unwisssse to let outssssoders know we have ssssuch a thing. Even if only one of usss isss the true owner, would be thievvvvesss would sssstrike at all of ussss on the Guardian. Itssss public sssale putsss usss all at risssk.”

That is what I was thinking which is why i suggested not allow people to sell it.  Should we vote?

Offline master po

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 02, 2018, 07:55:05 PM »
Claude is definitely not looking to sell. He just needs the HP’s and was under the impression it was a single use type thing.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 02, 2018, 09:50:30 PM »
Claude is definitely not looking to sell. He just needs the HP’s and was under the impression it was a single use type thing.
It is.  You read it and you immediately gain a permanent +5 inherent bonus to CON.  Bonus HP is retroactive per level.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2018, 12:51:28 AM »
That is what I was thinking which is why i suggested not allow people to sell it.  Should we vote?

Amare says, "I don't like to order anyone about what they can and cannot do with their property.  I would say they can sell it if they want.  I would advise against it for everyone's safety."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2018, 07:07:33 AM »
So what’s the bid status?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2018, 09:45:24 AM »
Amare says, "I don't like to order anyone about what they can and cannot do with their property.  I would say they can sell it if they want.  I would advise against it for everyone's safety."

It doesn't have to be an order but an agreement among friends would be nice.