Author Topic: That's Not a Dragon  (Read 7237 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
That's Not a Dragon
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:17:01 AM »
xp for everyone:

Nathan - for a battle where nothing seemed to work - 1800
Rin - for a giant Tsu and Aquatic Arrow storm - 2100
Sas - for saving Camile - 2200
Chase - for many useful magic items - 2450
Kasai - for bravery bordering on foolishness - 1200
Wake and Taiji - for showing up and not dying - 100
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:28:01 AM »
You reach Port Talp on the 18th day of the 11th month.  Your voyage lasted one month.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »
You note that sailing into Port Talp, the Floating Isle is not in sight.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 08:37:14 AM »
The attack of the Marids and the visible (but not real) threat of the dragon has made some of the crew question whether it is worth it to stay on the ship.

Amare warns the officers, "There will be some that choose not to come with us when we sail back out to sea."

He also asks, "How much shore leave should I tell the crew they have?  They will need three days at least, but I would not suggest more than a week."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:42:38 AM »
Camile's position remains that if Chase stays, she will leave the ship.  Since no one appears to back her enough to make a difference (among the officers at least), Amare says he will reach out to your other choice for ship's mage to see if he is available still.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:43:08 AM »
You have to decide on payment for Camile, and I want to make sure you paid her for all of the identifies as well.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 08:47:48 AM »
Amare has meetings with many of the crew, as is standard, when you reach port.  This in generally to pay them, file complaints, and such.  He tells you that Guilbere the Prelate is not coming back. 

"He won't stay when he is being mistaken for a wanted Slayer."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 09:18:41 AM »
Can we have Veronica get a feel for the overall thoughts of the crew?  Maybe find out other complaints that weren't presented to the officers.  Also anything good things the crew said about the mission(e.g. great adventure and excitement, or we are doing good work getting cultist off the seas etc.)  Nathan also makes sure to let Chase know that we would like to have him back on and appreciate his service. 

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 09:26:58 AM »
I try to set up meetings to discuss the following.

1. To talk with someone who has great knowledge of the elemental plain of air.

2. To talk with someone about the purple beam that took out the artifact for a brief period.

I try to arrange these meetings either from the high cleric of Lakius or through mages here.

I also talk with Pierre in the temple to Lakius in Talp to find out as much information about the Marids as possible. 



Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
Can we have Veronica get a feel for the overall thoughts of the crew?  Maybe find out other complaints that weren't presented to the officers.  Also anything good things the crew said about the mission(e.g. great adventure and excitement, or we are doing good work getting cultist off the seas etc.)  Nathan also makes sure to let Chase know that we would like to have him back on and appreciate his service.

Amare prefers not to have Veronica do that work.  He's the captain and pretty good at talking to them.

The answer is that the crew is for the most part happy and satisfied that you are doing good work, assuming you just paid them as promised.  The dragon not being a dragon made them all feel better.  Leads into the mindset that it won't be as bad as it sounds.  There is a feeling of invulnerability aboard the Guardian.

The biggest departures, Camile and Guilbere, you can't do much about.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 09:29:29 AM »
Session recap posting xp available.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
I try to set up meetings to discuss the following.

1. To talk with someone who has great knowledge of the elemental plain of air.

2. To talk with someone about the purple beam that took out the artifact for a brief period.

I try to arrange these meetings either from the high cleric of Lakius or through mages here.

I also talk with Pierre in the temple to Lakius in Talp to find out as much information about the Marids as possible.

Assuming you spend a week here, all of this information will be available.  The high cleric is not too far that you can't go talk to him.  He can get any information about the plane of air you need.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 10:42:02 AM »
Just trying to get an idea of how much we should pay the officers out of loot. 

How many days were we out at sea?
How much does one elite crew get paid for the day?
I know it varies but how much would an officer expect to get for this trip?
Hero do you have all the items that we received so we can figure out a value for them?

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 11:09:55 AM »
Just trying to get an idea of how much we should pay the officers out of loot. 

How many days were we out at sea?
How much does one elite crew get paid for the day?
I know it varies but how much would an officer expect to get for this trip?
Hero do you have all the items that we received so we can figure out a value for them?

29 days at sea

Officers that were not promised shares?  Without taking into negotiations, I think 10gc per level for a month is fair.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: That's Not a Dragon
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 11:35:35 AM »
I think we talked about taking crew expenses off the top and then having about 1/2 the profits going to the owners.  The other 1/2 of the profits should be divided among the officers in roughly equal shares.  Lets see what that looks like and then make a decision based off of those numbers.