Author Topic: Execute Plan A  (Read 5740 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »
Whenever we get a change to sit down and talk to the republic officer.  I explain to him what our mission was and that we have pirate captives on the ship.   We would like to turn them over to the authorities here but understand if it is not a good time.

When you do finally sit to talk, about an hour and a half after your first met soldiers on the beach, Nathan and the rest detail what has happened, leaving some events out I assume.

Arch Lieutenant Tompsin responds to your query about the pirates.  "We will accept the pirates from you and give them a fair hearing.  Because the war between Kathow and the Republic is officially over, we cannot offer you any compensation for them."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »
That sounds great.  We will hand the pirates over here.  I think we just wait to sell the items. Most of them are useful to us anyway.  We can just pay the crew back in Talp. 

Now we just need to decide what pirates we hand over and who we keep.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:02:19 AM by Windblade »

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »
Vemlin, who after sitting down removed his high collared sleeved cloak and is wearing a dress shirt which appears to magically adjust to fit he as he sits and moves, asks, "How do you plan on getting them to the city?"

Seeing his face in full now, you can see that he is around 30 years old and a human.  He he a thin brown mustache and beard with flat brown hair.  He is wearing five rings between his two hands, all of which are nondescript bands of gold, silver, or platinum.  He is also wearing rune covered bracers of various metals.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »
Now knowing that the ship of the line is being held in place, is there any reason we can just sail into dock?

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 10:21:03 AM »
Now knowing that the ship of the line is being held in place, is there any reason we can just sail into dock?

It can still fire its cannon.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
It can still fire its cannon.
Does anyone know if that ship is capable of detecting invisibility?

To our crew and not aloud: We could sneak in with the ship cloaked, drop off the pirates, then get out of there.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:42 AM »
Vemlin replies, "The Rescued is home to more than one thousand crew.  It is heavily cloaked by magic and can withstand an assault from Iott's forces for now, and for the last month and more.  It can see invisibility."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »
To our crew: Is there anywhere else we can drop them off?  It may not be in our best interest to get entangled in this standoff. 

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »
- Swim under magically pulled by Tsu?

- Let them swim it on their own, and if they die, oh well - from pirate haters

- Give them a row boat and maybe the Rescued won't shoot at it

- Sail ten miles down the coast and walk them in
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
- Swim under magically pulled by Tsu?

- Let them swim it on their own, and if they die, oh well - from pirate haters

- Give them a row boat and maybe the Rescued won't shoot at it

- Sail ten miles down the coast and walk them in
If we sail down the coast, are there other ships in our way that may pose an issue or is it clear sailing?  If clear, that may be our best bet. 

Would Vemlin be able to provide some guards to sail with us so that the pirates don't make a run for it once we get to shore?  I'd rather not get into a bloodbath once on land.  A peaceful walk to the city under guard will do nicely.  Once we hand the pirates over, we set sail for Talp to regroup and sell/distribute loot.   

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 12:50:51 PM »
If we sail down the coast, are there other ships in our way that may pose an issue or is it clear sailing?  If clear, that may be our best bet. 

Would Vemlin be able to provide some guards to sail with us so that the pirates don't make a run for it once we get to shore?  I'd rather not get into a bloodbath once on land.  A peaceful walk to the city under guard will do nicely.  Once we hand the pirates over, we set sail for Talp to regroup and sell/distribute loot.   

There are no ships between you and the coast ten miles down, nor do Vemlin or Tompsin think you will have any issue getting to the coast.

Vemlin says, "I have no guards to provide, Iott does not have soldiers here."

Tompsin says, "The town is in a state of siege, I cannot send out soldiers to escort the prisoners.  Once they reach the wall, we will take them."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »
There are no ships between you and the coast ten miles down, nor do Vemlin or Tompsin think you will have any issue getting to the coast.

Vemlin says, "I have no guards to provide, Iott does not have soldiers here."

Tompsin says, "The town is in a state of siege, I cannot send out soldiers to escort the prisoners.  Once they reach the wall, we will take them."
I'll wait for everyone else to chime in, but my vote is to sail 10 miles down coast and walk them to the wall where Tompsin's soldiers can take them.

Offline Valdis

  • Magnanamous
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 04:06:53 PM »
I'll wait for everyone else to chime in, but my vote is to sail 10 miles down coast and walk them to the wall where Tompsin's soldiers can take them.

Is Valdis there?  or did he stay on the ship?

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 05:15:23 PM »
Is Valdis there?  or did he stay on the ship?

He is on the ship, but they have to come back to the ship to make a decision, so feel free to respond.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

  • Magnanamous
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »
I'll wait for everyone else to chime in, but my vote is to sail 10 miles down coast and walk them to the wall where Tompsin's soldiers can take them.
Valdis chimes in, "So wait, that ship is being held there magically?  As in 'can't move or turn'?  What's stopping us from sailing up to it from it's weakest side and turning out cannons on it until it sinks or they surrender?