Author Topic: Execute Plan A  (Read 5741 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Execute Plan A
« on: April 06, 2018, 12:25:26 AM »
Experience for the night:

Sas, Chase, and Nathan each get 1500 for helping escape whatever tried to get you.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:37:51 AM »
You reach the port on the 12th day of the 11th month.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 09:07:31 AM »
Are we going to talk about what we do with the Pirates on the boards or are we going to wait to play that out in game.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:07:07 AM »
Are we going to talk about what we do with the Pirates on the boards or are we going to wait to play that out in game.

You can discuss here.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 10:07:21 AM »
XP for a recap of the session.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 10:24:40 AM »
Whenever we get a change to sit down and talk to the republic officer.  I explain to him what our mission was and that we have pirate captives on the ship.   We would like to turn them over to the authorities here but understand if it is not a good time.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
The two men that came out to greet you on the beach are:

Arch Lieutenant Tompsin, who was dressed in standard Destroytian military garb with broad sword and chain shirt.

Marshall of the 3rd (I misspoke and called him Magister last night) Vemlin is dressed in the dark blue hard collared, sleeved cloak.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 10:45:34 AM »
The city of Pearsmout, as you walk into it, is an old style city when compared to Port Talp.  Its level of technology and magical sophistication are well below your home port.

It is made of dark grey stone and dark wood and everything appears sturdy.  Buildings are stout and wide and not tall.  Things are organized nicely on streets and there appears to be a lot of pride taken in the city's maintenance.

There are fewer people milling about then you would expect for mid to late morning, but you learn that much of the city (whose population you guess to be under 50,000) is avoiding the beach and closest city sections to it.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 10:51:52 AM »
XP for a recap of the session.
The crews on both ships sailed forth to the Destroytian Republic with the Servant in tow.  While en route, the Guardian was stopped in mid-sail and the Servant nearly crashed into the Guardian, but a collision was averted by quick thinking on Nathan's part with a control water spell.

As we assessed the situation, a high-pitched voice came from the fog and clouds demanding we give up the Guardian and "The Cleric of Tfop."  Our current clerics started to panic a bit, but the rest of the crew figured out the creature was referring to Claude.  We were given 1 minute to prepare, so we began to cast buff spells and think of alternatives.

Nathan donned the crown, transformed into a bear, and dove into the water to asses the threat.  He determined there was something down there, but couldn't figure out exactly what it was before his magic was snuffed out and the crown ceased to function.  On deck, our seasoned sailors determined that something was physically holding our ship back and that it wasn't magical. 

After the minute passed and we refused to surrender, the Servant started to slowly capsize.  We freed the prisoners, woke up those sleeping, and Chase cast a Dark Way spell to allow everyone to cross over to the Guardian safely. 

We were then hit with a Rogue Wave that knocked two of the pirates overboard and rattled everyone else.  Sas dove in and retrieved one of them, but the other was killed.  The officers then decided it would be best to regroup and fall back.  Once Sas was back on board, the captain activated the teleporter and we jumped out of there about 1 mile closer to our destination.  We licked our wounds and analyzed the damage.  The Guardian was unharmed, but we left the Servant behind when we teleported.  We decided not to go back for the Servant.

Once we counted heads, we realized that there was 2 more pirates missing from our original count.  Not sure what happened, but most likely died during the siege of the Servant.  We decided to continue onward to the Republic, drop the pirates off, and sell some of the loot we got to pay the crew.

When we got within 10 miles of port, Chase noticed a huge warship at a dead stop pointing towards the city.  We decided to keep our distance and sailed away a bit.  We then sent an away team to the city to try and figure out if it was safe to dock.  Nathan, Sas, Chase, and some of the lizardfolk swam to shore and approached the guard station for entry.  The guards questioned us, but didn't put up a fight.  Sas introduced Nathan as the former High Cleric of Lakius.  They gathered clerics and military officers to cast spells to determine that Nathan was who he said he was.  Once proven true, we were allowed entrance into the city.  We were told that the Iottians were magically holding the warship in place, but that there was no active battles occurring at the moment.  We explained what we wanted to do with the pirates and started up a dialogue with the officials we met with, but that's pretty much where we left off.

On a side note, the drama with Chase and Camille continues.  The officers met without Chase to discuss his tactics and contributions to the crew.  After much debate, the captain presented Chase with some choices; tone down his scare tactics and use Blasphemous Utterance only when authorized by the owners, continue to be employed by the Guardian as a freelance agent at Port Talp, or leave altogether.  Chase decided to be respectful of the officers' wishes and not use his scare tactics while on the ship, but he hasn't fully decided what he plans to do after this tour of duty.         

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »
Chase decided to be respectful of the officers' wishes and not use his scare tactics while on the ship, but he hasn't fully decided what he plans to do after this tour of duty.         

Try to let us know right before we reach talp so we know what to do with Camile.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 12:50:58 PM »
The crews on both ships sailed forth to the Destroytian Republic with the Servant in tow.  While en route, the Guardian was stopped in mid-sail and the Servant nearly crashed into the Guardian, but a collision was averted by quick thinking on Nathan's part with a control water spell.

As we assessed the situation, a high-pitched voice came from the fog and clouds demanding we give up the Guardian and "The Cleric of Tfop."  Our current clerics started to panic a bit, but the rest of the crew figured out the creature was referring to Claude.  We were given 1 minute to prepare, so we began to cast buff spells and think of alternatives.

Nathan donned the crown, transformed into a bear, and dove into the water to asses the threat.  He determined there was something down there, but couldn't figure out exactly what it was before his magic was snuffed out and the crown ceased to function.  On deck, our seasoned sailors determined that something was physically holding our ship back and that it wasn't magical. 

After the minute passed and we refused to surrender, the Servant started to slowly capsize.  We freed the prisoners, woke up those sleeping, and Chase cast a Dark Way spell to allow everyone to cross over to the Guardian safely. 

We were then hit with a Rogue Wave that knocked two of the pirates overboard and rattled everyone else.  Sas dove in and retrieved one of them, but the other was killed.  The officers then decided it would be best to regroup and fall back.  Once Sas was back on board, the captain activated the teleporter and we jumped out of there about 1 mile closer to our destination.  We licked our wounds and analyzed the damage.  The Guardian was unharmed, but we left the Servant behind when we teleported.  We decided not to go back for the Servant.

Once we counted heads, we realized that there was 2 more pirates missing from our original count.  Not sure what happened, but most likely died during the siege of the Servant.  We decided to continue onward to the Republic, drop the pirates off, and sell some of the loot we got to pay the crew.

When we got within 10 miles of port, Chase noticed a huge warship at a dead stop pointing towards the city.  We decided to keep our distance and sailed away a bit.  We then sent an away team to the city to try and figure out if it was safe to dock.  Nathan, Sas, Chase, and some of the lizardfolk swam to shore and approached the guard station for entry.  The guards questioned us, but didn't put up a fight.  Sas introduced Nathan as the former High Cleric of Lakius.  They gathered clerics and military officers to cast spells to determine that Nathan was who he said he was.  Once proven true, we were allowed entrance into the city.  We were told that the Iottians were magically holding the warship in place, but that there was no active battles occurring at the moment.  We explained what we wanted to do with the pirates and started up a dialogue with the officials we met with, but that's pretty much where we left off.

On a side note, the drama with Chase and Camille continues.  The officers met without Chase to discuss his tactics and contributions to the crew.  After much debate, the captain presented Chase with some choices; tone down his scare tactics and use Blasphemous Utterance only when authorized by the owners, continue to be employed by the Guardian as a freelance agent at Port Talp, or leave altogether.  Chase decided to be respectful of the officers' wishes and not use his scare tactics while on the ship, but he hasn't fully decided what he plans to do after this tour of duty.         

Well done, 50xp
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »
The officer asks, "Where would you like us to take you first?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 01:21:03 PM »
Whenever we get a change to sit down and talk to the republic officer.  I explain to him what our mission was and that we have pirate captives on the ship.   We would like to turn them over to the authorities here but understand if it is not a good time.

A place that we can sit down and discuss the above.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
A place that we can sit down and discuss the above.

Arch Lieutenant Tompsin says, "We have a meeting room for visitors near here."

The two lead you all to a guard post, made of stone and within sight of the docks; which are on the river coast, not the sea coast.  The building is stone, sturdy and on a hill.  It takes you about five minutes to walk to it.

Guards on the roof where there is a watch tower salute, as does a guard inside the building.  It is warm inside, but cramped with all of you in one room.  A boy spends a few minutes arranging things and bringing in water and the equivalent of granola bars in for all of you.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Execute Plan A
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 03:24:01 PM »
Throughout the entry into the city and the building, Kassis Esslik, your noble Vass sailor is intervening and using proper protocol and the correct responses.  He appears to make the process smoother and you guess makes the Destroytians more comfortable.  The vass appears to take both pleasure and pride in the fact that he knows exactly what to do.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.