Author Topic: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra  (Read 5651 times)

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« on: March 02, 2018, 12:06:46 AM »
To start with xp:

Rin, Chase, Sas, and Nathan each get 1,000xp

Veronica gets 200xp

Taiji and Kasai get 100xp

Wake gets 50xp.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:08:26 AM »
It is the 20th day of the 10th month of 788 when you arrive at where Asinjin had last said the ship was located.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:55:16 AM »
Nathan communes with nature and talks to the plant life since Rin can speak with the animals.  Hopefully,  I can get a sense of unnatural evil presences and what direction they might be traveling.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
Nathan communes with nature and talks to the plant life since Rin can speak with the animals.  Hopefully,  I can get a sense of unnatural evil presences and what direction they might be traveling.

You are on a not uncommon, but not heavily traveled route.  There have been two ships through here since the one you are after was here six days ago.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:14:20 AM »
The name of the ship you are looking for is Kura Umi No Masutā.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 09:14:46 AM »
Experience given for a recap for Valdis (and maybe for Claude).
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1347
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
The name of the ship you are looking for is Kura Umi No Masutā.


I'm hoping the animals in the area could sense the evil from the ship and be able to point me in direction. 


1 - I have speak to animal at will
2 - I can actually speak whale, at least that's how I read the "tounge of the beast".  So if there are any around I chat


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBRvZ6wSVGQ





Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:45:08 AM »

I'm hoping the animals in the area could sense the evil from the ship and be able to point me in direction. 


1 - I have speak to animal at will
2 - I can actually speak whale, at least that's how I read the "tounge of the beast".  So if there are any around I chat


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBRvZ6wSVGQ

It is the open sea, so the only animals are fish.  None tell you that there was an evil presence that passed by, but it would have to have been very strong to extend beyond the ship into the ocean. 
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1785
    • View Profile
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 12:57:44 PM »
Recap:
The crew finished up the last bit of bling on the ship, finished hiring crew, named her "Guardian of the Tide" and prepared to set sail.

The officers were invited to a private dinner with Beverly a couple days before we left port.  While there, she introduced us to a friend of hers; a renowned Diviner named Asinjin.  He is a brilliant Desert Elf; albeit surly and racist.  Asinjin proceeded to tell us that he has been working with Beverly, and several other powerful people, in order to divine the location and motives of the agents of Olhydra.  He mentioned three notable alliances.  The first is a group of pirates who defected and joined the army of Olhydra.  The second is a race of eel folk who live deep under the ocean.  The third is a mighty blue dragon that swore its allegiance to Olhydra.  All of these agents of evil are growing stronger and gathering more followers.  We were tasked with hunting them down and destroying them in order to swing the balance of power back to Lakius' side.

We agreed that we'd pursue the pirates first in the hope that we could salvage their ship and sell it to pay the crew for a year or two.  We may tackle the eel folk next, but we're waiting to see how things go.  We'll need Claude to join us to take on the dragon, but he's been afflicted with a continuous sleep spell that kicks in every night around 9.  If we can dispel that for a session or two, we're in business.

Asinjin provided us with a precise location of the pirates and we set sail to pursue them.  We arrived at their location about 6 days after they were scryed and are now tracking them to the best of our abilities.  So far, the ship has proven to perform even better than anticipated.   

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2136
    • View Profile
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
Taiji suggests to Nathan: given what you learned from the diviner about the ship we are after and what we know about the recent weather, can you estimate the potential range the ship could have traveled in the last 6 days?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:39:38 PM by Hero »

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 06:55:29 PM »
Yes I am sure I can do that.  What type of checks should I make?

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 12:07:40 AM »
Yes I am sure I can do that.  What type of checks should I make?

Weather and Profession (Sailor)
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1367
    • View Profile
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 12:02:35 AM »
I wear the Crown of Air and I automatically have the knowledge about the weather.  Then I Rolled a 32(skill of 20 + 12 for the roll) on my sailor check.

Offline Asinjin

  • DM
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8648
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 08:47:26 PM »
When you were given their location, this spot a week ago, they were heading due south.  Given your knowledge of the weather and their direction who can make an educated guess on where they are.  However, you have to decide which course you think they took.  Once you guess that, you can give a guess on where you think they are.

Using those skills, you think the options are:

1 - they took a drastically different course from the one they were on, and it is near impossible to guess
2 - they continued due south
3 - they turned slightly westerly and headed towards Ekarude
4 - they turned west and headed (eventually) to Yellowia
5 - they turned slightly east and towards the Oddlands
6 - they turned east and towards the Destroytian Republic / Intoria
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2136
    • View Profile
Re: Set Sail in the Hunt for Olhydra
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »
When you were given their location, this spot a week ago, they were heading due south.  Given your knowledge of the weather and their direction who can make an educated guess on where they are.  However, you have to decide which course you think they took.  Once you guess that, you can give a guess on where you think they are.

Using those skills, you think the options are:

1 - they took a drastically different course from the one they were on, and it is near impossible to guess
2 - they continued due south
3 - they turned slightly westerly and headed towards Ekarude
4 - they turned west and headed (eventually) to Yellowia
5 - they turned slightly east and towards the Oddlands
6 - they turned east and towards the Destroytian Republic / Intoria
Can we tell how many miles they may have travelled on each route? Trying to get a sense of our immediate search radius.