Author Topic: Water You Mean He's a Gnome?  (Read 36369 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Water You Mean He's a Gnome?
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 09:54:21 PM »
Yes for Ash.  We need to determine if Haas cast Alter Fortune on Saladien (or possibly another spell like Revivify) immediately upon his death.
I am stumped. I did not prepare Alter Fortune today - I swapped it out for Water Breathing since I was not expecting a major encounter because we were only supposed to be doing recon. I also do not ever have Revivify prepared. And I used all of my spontaneous spell slots (prayerful fist) on the Banishment attempt and the second Assay Spell Resistance #2.

Sadly, I don't know if there's anything I can do against an instantaneous death effect.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »
I am stumped. I did not prepare Alter Fortune today - I swapped it out for Water Breathing since I was not expecting a major encounter because we were only supposed to be doing recon. I also do not ever have Revivify prepared. And I used all of my spontaneous spell slots (prayerful fist) on the Banishment attempt and the second Assay Spell Resistance #2.

Sadly, I don't know if there's anything I can do against an instantaneous death effect.

If you used all of your prayerful fists, then the only option is reincarnate.  After discussions, with the attending clerics, based on Saladien's beliefs, Treetop would be the best choice to do that.

As luck would have it, Lady Veronia is not much of a ranger and is all cleric with her animal guarding skills, which means she does had access to 5th level spells.  She does not, however, have the components.  You will need to supply them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:00:36 PM by Asinjin »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2018, 09:59:37 PM »
The mayor says, "Now that we have some clerics with us, they have been looking, no luck yet with magical means."

How? Be specific.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 10:05:31 PM »
How? Be specific.

The mayor shrugs.  "I am not sure about what specific magics."

When asked, Lady Veronia, the Grovetender, and Yansee give you a list of spells they have tried in addition to the owls searching around.  Scrye, Locate Object, Speak with Plants, Commune with Nature, Sending.  They have not left the safe area, and that does limit their ability to search.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
To head off the obvious questions, the fey (which you later learn is a nixie) has four items that are magical, and little else at all on her:

- a water proof wineskin filled with a magical liquid that radiates moderate abjuration

- a ring, thick band made of gold and lead that radiates minor abjuration

- a scroll with Control Weather, Sunburst, Arc of Lightning, Command Plants, and Mephit Mob

- a necklace of freshwater shells that gives off minor abjuration
Haas casts Detect Blessing to establish if they are divine, and if yes, I identify deity status/power/alignment.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 10:08:26 PM »
The mayor shrugs.  "I am not sure about what specific magics."

When asked, Lady Veronia, the Grovetender, and Yansee give you a list of spells they have tried in addition to the owls searching around.  Scrye, Locate Object, Speak with Plants, Commune with Nature, Sending.  They have not left the safe area, and that does limit their ability to search.
Can I use Discern Location?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »
To head off the obvious questions, the fey (which you later learn is a nixie) has four items that are magical, and little else at all on her:
Any spell components?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 10:58:35 PM »
Haas casts Detect Blessing to establish if they are divine, and if yes, I identify deity status/power/alignment.

The magical liquid is divine, blessed by a chaotic good lesser counsil deity.

The other two are not.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 11:00:12 PM »
Can I use Discern Location?

Yes, virtually all of the missing citizens have belongings left here that you can use to cast the spell.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
Any spell components?

Yes, and some investigation by you and the other clerics leads you to believe her repertoire of spells was divine and nature oriented, not unlike the Grovetender or Rom'Pie.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2018, 12:07:13 AM »
If you used all of your prayerful fists, then the only option is reincarnate.  After discussions, with the attending clerics, based on Saladien's beliefs, Treetop would be the best choice to do that.

As luck would have it, Lady Veronia is not much of a ranger and is all cleric with her animal guarding skills, which means she does had access to 5th level spells.  She does not, however, have the components.  You will need to supply them.
I could summon a hollyphant (Exalted Deeds) or movanic deva (Fiend Folio). Either or those can use raise dead as a spell like ability, so Saladien comes back "as is" and there's no monetary cost,.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2018, 12:42:02 AM »
I could summon a hollyphant (Exalted Deeds) or movanic deva (Fiend Folio). Either or those can use raise dead as a spell like ability, so Saladien comes back "as is" and there's no monetary cost,.
That's brilliant.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »

Using a spell to allow a creature you summoned to used a spell not allowed by Tyrogatore.  I don't think the Great Lizard approves of that.

One of the other clerics present could do that.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2018, 10:35:43 AM »
Nearly four pages in 36 hours, that's good progress.

Things to accomplish before next session:

- What are you going to do with the elf you captured?
- What is the plan for Saladien?
- What is the plan for Ash?
- Sounds like you want to locate at least the cleric of Tyrogatore.
- Decide what the items are and what to do with them.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »
Things to accomplish before next session: (Here are my suggestions)

- What are you going to do with the elf you captured? (Send him on a "Quest" to locate Zat and report his position to us)
- What is the plan for Saladien? (Have one of the other Clerics summon a Hollyphant and raise him)
- What is the plan for Ash? (Haas drops his Mindlock long enough to Send Tali and request a Limited Wish to transfer Ash back into his original body)
- Sounds like you want to locate at least the cleric of Tyrogatore. (Yup)
- Decide what the items are and what to do with them. (Haas said he could Identify as part of Tyrogatore's blessings,
so once he does that, we'll know what they are and can distribute/destroy accordingly)