Author Topic: Water You Mean He's a Gnome?  (Read 35280 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Water You Mean He's a Gnome?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
The mayor says, "Now that we have some clerics with us, they have been looking, no luck yet with magical means."
Aside from Clerics, is there anyone among the rescued that can use arcane magic?  I want Zat dimensionally bound to this land when I stomp his skull into the soil...

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 04:17:01 PM »
Lady Veronia says, "My owls have been on the track, but they have not found them within a mile of Owt."
Are your owls' abilities limited to one mile or can they search further out with any accuracy?

Are you able to disguise them as other creatures so that the forces of Scalehome can't recognize them as easily?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 04:26:13 PM »
Aside from Clerics, is there anyone among the rescued that can use arcane magic?  I want Zat dimensionally bound to this land when I stomp his skull into the soil...

Cinda, the fey Sorcerer who is not found of all of you.

Greg, the foot bard.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 04:27:12 PM »
Are your owls' abilities limited to one mile or can they search further out with any accuracy?

Are you able to disguise them as other creatures so that the forces of Scalehome can't recognize them as easily?

"They can go quite a distance.  They look like beautiful normal owls and wouldn't be recognized."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 04:32:21 PM »
Cinda, the fey Sorcerer who is not found of all of you.

Greg, the foot bard.
I don't care how uncomfortable Cinda and Greg are when I approach them.  Once there, I ask if they're capable of casting Dimensional Anchor and if they'd be willing to come with us next time we head out into the battlefield.

I know she has a fractured ego since we broke her enchantments (and spirit) last time we encountered her, so if it helps, I allow the Cinda the honor of touching my muscles while I plead our case.  I flex with every syllable in order to convince her.  I speak loudly and obnoxiously to cement my power and charm.  I put every ounce of my 3 Charisma into convincing these two to join the fight. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
I don't care how uncomfortable Cinda and Greg are when I approach them.  Once there, I ask if they're capable of casting Dimensional Anchor and if they'd be willing to come with us next time we head out into the battlefield.

Cinda will not talk to you, avoids you; and screams as if she is being attacked if you press her.

Greg has no problem with you, and the halfling responds, "No, I can't perform that spell, sorry."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 04:46:21 PM »
Cinda will not talk to you, avoids you; and screams as if she is being attacked if you press her.
I ask Haas to press her for that spell.  If no luck, I ask Haas to convince Tali to make us a scroll of Dimensional Anchor before he gets here. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »

Greg has no problem with you, and the halfling responds, "No, I can't perform that spell, sorry."

Grant approaches Greg after the hurricane that is an angry Valizar leaves him alone.  "I appologize for my gatori brother, he is still recovering from the loss of our companion.  Are you able to Identify items?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »
I ask Haas to press her for that spell.  If no luck, I ask Haas to convince Tali to make us a scroll of Dimensional Anchor before he gets here.

Mindlocks have to come down before Haas can do that.

At some point, the mayor step in and says, "You and your brothers cannot talk to her anymore.  We appreciate all that you have done, but some just won't take to your ways."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »
Any spells that were activate on Ash are gone with his new body.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 04:56:25 PM »
Grant approaches Greg after the hurricane that is an angry Valizar leaves him alone.  "I appologize for my gatori brother, he is still recovering from the loss of our companion.  Are you able to Identify items?"

"No worries, I know his kind.  Some items I can, what do you have?"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 04:59:28 PM »
"No worries, I know his kind.  Some items I can, what do you have?"

- a water proof wineskin filled with a magical liquid that radiates moderate abjuration

- a ring, thick band made of gold and lead that radiates minor abjuration

- a necklace of freshwater shells that gives off minor abjuration

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 05:44:21 PM »
- a water proof wineskin filled with a magical liquid that radiates moderate abjuration

- a ring, thick band made of gold and lead that radiates minor abjuration

- a necklace of freshwater shells that gives off minor abjuration

"No, none of them look familiar."

At some point later, Yancee offers to take a look at them, although communication with her is difficult with your mindlocks.  Greg translates, "She is sure that the ring protects the wearer from mental detection."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 07:31:05 PM »
Unnecessary. Tyrogatore blesses his clerics with that spell. It is part of my daily spell preparation, I just was not able to cast it because the fey wyrm was literally underfoot.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 07:43:42 PM »
I have 1200 in gems in case a revivify is needed.  I don't have it specified what gems I have but not sure if that matters.