Author Topic: Into the Empire  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Into the Empire
« on: November 03, 2017, 12:29:26 AM »
Start with experience:

Saladien - for a emperor-worthy performance - 1500xp

Grant - for spells that made it possible - 1500xp

Vor'Ruk - for orcish patience - 1300xp

Valizar - for eating and not getting everyone killed - 1300xp

Ash - for scouting ahead and also not getting everyone killed - 1300xp
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Into the Empire
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:35:55 AM »
The meeting with the emperor is on the 14th day of the 9th month.  You have until the 1st day of the 10th month.  The year is 788.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 08:43:44 AM »
Vor'Ruk glowers at the indecisive Caaneses. (sp?)

" Indecision kills legionnaires, Swift action is required!  Make a decision and honor it and yourself by making it succeed in the true way of the Caaneses!  Have you grown too comfortable in your positions that you cannot act out of fear!  Help me drain the swamp!  Lets crush the Wugs and ensure the boarders, and the existence of the Empire for another 1000 years!   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »
A rundown of the eight high ranking military that was near you and what they chose so far:

- Varcus Tiberos, Seventus Grus Cannus, has walked over to side with you
- Dir Tiberius, Neuvus Grus Cannus, has joined the guard
- Tarl Augustus, Secondus Grus Cannus, has joined the guard
- Ralmus Fonus, Lowtor Fangor of the Premus Legion, stands undecided
- Lort Borlmae, Lowtor Fangor of the Quadrius Legion, turned his back
- Ortfar Quatmeritan, Altor Fangor of the Sextus Legion, stands undecided
- Brutir Lomagmos, Altor Fangor of the Octus Legion, stands undecided
- Furinos Tagar, Lowtor Fagnor of the Ditus legion, turned his back

The Cinquatus and Tertitus legions are not represented.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »
While you wait for Saladien to use the scroll, Firk turns to Valizar.  "I was able to barter with the quartermaster for your shield.  Tyrogatore must deem you worthy of goof fortune, because the armory had exactly what you want."  He tosses you a six inch around metal object.  It is made of iron and has a simple design of what look like clouds circling a center rune that you don't recognize.  "I was told that it makes you stronger, and will also prevent spells from draining your strength.  One problem, the belt it was on would not have fit you.  Luckily the magic is in the buckle.  You just need to get a new belt made and have it attached."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
While you wait for Saladien to use the scroll, Firk turns to Valizar.  "I was able to barter with the quartermaster for your shield.  Tyrogatore must deem you worthy of goof fortune, because the armory had exactly what you want."  He tosses you a six inch around metal object.  It is made of iron and has a simple design of what look like clouds circling a center rune that you don't recognize.  "I was told that it makes you stronger, and will also prevent spells from draining your strength.  One problem, the belt it was on would not have fit you.  Luckily the magic is in the buckle.  You just need to get a new belt made and have it attached."
Thank you Firk.  Tyrogatore smiles upon us.  I will take this good fortune to mean that The Great Lizard approves of our actions here today.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 11:48:41 AM »
Slight retcon, while Ellic gave Saladien the scroll, it is a clerical scroll, so Grant has to use it (unless Saladien has a high use magical device check).

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »
Slight retcon, while Ellic gave Saladien the scroll, it is a clerical scroll, so Grant has to use it (unless Saladien has a high use magical device check).

What message do you send to Tali?  Note that you have to step outside the forum to read the scroll.  Firk and the others say you should not be accosted.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:43:30 PM »

4 against really (2 turned back, firk, and Varcus)
2 with
3 undecided

Vor'Ruk turns to Firk.  " I am with you, as I believe this is the right thing to do, defend the goodly people of the forest, and secure the boarders of the empire for many more generations.  I can not sit idly by at let danger gather at our border.  The Emperor is .. *ouch* (Rom'pie whapped him with the staff ) " Vor'Ruk glares at him for a second before realizing he was right. His expression softening.  He continues again " But.. I will not ride at arms into Melg, This will NOT be a coup, or a grab for power.  IF that is your goal, be truthful about it now.  I want to crush our enemies focused on nothing but the honor i will bestow the Empire!"

He makes sure he's loud enough for Brutir, [/size]Ortfar and [/size]Ralmus[/size] to hear.

A rundown of the eight high ranking military that was near you and what they chose so far:

- Varcus Tiberos, Seventus Grus Cannus, has walked over to side with you
- Dir Tiberius, Neuvus Grus Cannus, has joined the guard
- Tarl Augustus, Secondus Grus Cannus, has joined the guard
- Ralmus Fonus, Lowtor Fangor of the Premus Legion, stands undecided
- Lort Borlmae, Lowtor Fangor of the Quadrius Legion, turned his back
- Ortfar Quatmeritan, Altor Fangor of the Sextus Legion, stands undecided
- Brutir Lomagmos, Altor Fangor of the Octus Legion, stands undecided
- Furinos Tagar, Lowtor Fagnor of the Ditus legion, turned his back

The Cinquatus and Tertitus legions are not represented.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »
What message do you send to Tali?  Note that you have to step outside the forum to read the scroll.  Firk and the others say you should not be accosted.
25 words right?  Message as follows:
'Tali, Grant. Secured partial Orcs Assistance.  Emergency teleport for eight. Four minutes. Forum Location,Possible altercation brewing. Diplomatic relations with empire end today"

Once the message is sent, Grant will go back into the forum and tell Ash that Elic has requested that he return with all haste.(to get him out of the forum and back to Predator so he can ride out of the city uncontested).  As he passes, Grant will whisper 'rendezvous 5 miles outside the empire boundary'.  I will tell the others quietly that I have secured transport for Vor'uk, Ram'pei, Valizar, Saladene, Saladene's familiar/cohort, Firk, and myself.  As long as we time it right we should be able to get clear with minimal fighting.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »

4 against really (2 turned back, firk, and Varcus)
2 with
3 undecided

Vor'Ruk turns to Firk.  " I am with you, as I believe this is the right thing to do, defend the goodly people of the forest, and secure the boarders of the empire for many more generations.  I can not sit idly by at let danger gather at our border.  The Emperor is .. *ouch* (Rom'pie whapped him with the staff ) " Vor'Ruk glares at him for a second before realizing he was right. His expression softening.  He continues again " But.. I will not ride at arms into Melg, This will NOT be a coup, or a grab for power.  IF that is your goal, be truthful about it now.  I want to crush our enemies focused on nothing but the honor i will bestow the Empire!"

He makes sure he's loud enough for Brutir, [/size]Ortfar and [/size]Ralmus[/size] to hear.

"Certainly no, I do not wish a power grab and my intention is to spill no blood.  Anything fatal would turn this into our death warrant."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »
25 words right?  Message as follows:
'Tali, Grant. Secured partial Orcs Assistance.  Emergency teleport for eight. Four minutes. Forum Location,Possible altercation brewing. Diplomatic relations with empire end today"

"Teleport six maximum.  More will take over an hour.  Need to scrye you first.  Is skrikeship outside city in two hours an option?'

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 12:09:35 AM »
"Teleport six maximum.  More will take over an hour.  Need to scrye you first.  Is skrikeship outside city in two hours an option?'

Vor'Ruk, if over hearing that would suggest that bringing that flying monstrosity here would cause all out war.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:56:19 PM by Zunder »

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 09:16:19 AM »
"Understood. One priority teleport. General Firk. The rest of us will rendesvous six miles outside empire limits with Shrikeship. Scry in 4 minutes for location."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »
"Understood. One priority teleport. General Firk. The rest of us will rendesvous six miles outside empire limits with Shrikeship. Scry in 4 minutes for location."

You will need to cast sending to get that to Tali.