Author Topic: Republic Primer  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Republic Primer
« on: June 28, 2017, 12:55:09 PM »
Before the little " incident" I gave in the Grean Campaign Option. You and your families were all members of the social elite. (nobles of the republic)  Each of your families had some form of power / standing. ( it could be worth extra bonus exp if you want to write that up). 

You were raised to be patriots of the republic, but to be free of mind and expanded knowledge.  You had lessons about propaganda and reading into news that is definitely not taught to most. ( free 2 ranks in Sense Motive)  Being Elites you have (had)  access to magics and technologies that most didn't.  Technology is higher here then anywhere and even though the Dwarven caster might be powerful, the skill of the Grean casters is unmatched.  ( or so your told )

Personal questionnaires at still worth 500xp

level 1 :)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Primer
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 01:59:28 PM »
The republic uses "credits" and "bits" as currency.  It is printed by the government and prices are regulated.

The use of precious metal currency for intra-republic exchanges is deemed subversive and illegal. 
The possession of precious metals currency on ones person, or ones property is illegal, unless licensed by the government. 
The possession of precious metal, in itself is not illegal as it is a important ingredient for tinkering and magic.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »
( free 2 ranks in Sense Motive)
This doesn't happen to mean that Sense Motive becomes a class skill, does it?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »
This doesn't happen to mean that Sense Motive becomes a class skill, does it?

Unless prohibited by the rules, YES.    I think due to "specific educational conditions" members of the group you are all tied to have learned to read into things.  So you get this regardless.  But I don't know if you can call it a class skill.  Would anyone else know?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:54:08 PM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »
Pack Animals exist in the republic, but they aren't not ridden. (obviously )

The main "faster then walking" mode of transportation in the cities for the "every-gree" are bikes.  However, they don't appear like bikes we'd be used too, they have shorter cranks and a elongated frames to fit the Grean physiology.  Even those ridden by other races are often make for Grea.

Bikes are sought after by the poor, and often traded and stolen.  Streets in middle to lower class after often packed with riders during the rush to work. 

Stealing a bike is a punishable offense, but the law enforcement rarely has time to look into them.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »

The main "faster then walking" mode of transportation in the cities for the "every-gree" are bikes.  However, they don't appear like bikes we'd be used too, they have shorter cranks and a elongated frames to fit the Grean physiology.  Even those ridden by other races are often make for Grea.

Bikes are sought after by the poor, and often traded and stolen.  Streets in middle to lower class after often packed with riders during the rush to work. 

Stealing a bike is a punishable offense, but the law enforcement rarely has time to look into them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwvWtZl2ICY

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »

That is great.

You have to decide if a bicycle uses the Ride or Pilot skill.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »
That is great.

You have to decide if a bicycle uses the Ride or Pilot skill.

Pilot it is :)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »
None winged flight is banned within city limits.

None Grean flight of any kind is also prohibited.

There are no-fly zones around sensitive parts of the city which require security permits to enter

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
None winged flight is banned within city limits.

None Grean flight of any kind is also prohibited.

There are no-fly zones around sensitive parts of the city which require security permits to enter
Do the no-fly zones apply to winged Gree or are they for all forms of flight?  If so, would my family have any of these permits available to them due to their social status or are they for military/authorized personnel only?  My character is winged, so I'm guessing this is something I would have researched.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 03:19:46 PM »
Do the no-fly zones apply to winged Gree or are they for all forms of flight?  If so, would my family have any of these permits available to them due to their social status or are they for military/authorized personnel only?  My character is winged, so I'm guessing this is something I would have researched.

None of the areas you or your family frequented were no-fly zones.  Mostly those are composed of military bases, ship yards, and the Capitol building.
Grea are free to fly as needed in the city, as long as they are using their wings ( no clickers wings, other clickers like balloons are planes, or magical flight)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »

None of the areas you or your family frequented were no-fly zones.  Mostly those are composed of military bases, ship yards, and the Capitol building.
Grea are free to fly as needed in the city, as long as they are using their wings ( no clickers wings, other clickers like balloons are planes, or magical flight)

Let me clarify.  You often see Gree fly in those zones.  They aren't no fly zones, they are no fly zones for you!

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 10:53:16 AM »
Firearms and Firearm ammo is standardized. (epbuls are elite weapons and vary)

All firearm ammo is made is a medium size (2D6) and churned out in high volumes at state run facilities.   

They make shells in three sizes for pistols, carbines, and rifles. This effects only range.

There are three government issued weapons that are used by the police and military forces.  They are cheaply made but very reliable.  They are cheap, and widely available
Triplicity (company name ) 9m Pistol - double shot, 2D6
Triplicity K47 Carbine - double shot, 2D6
Triplicity 81 Rifle - single shot, 2D6

Many custom weapons use the standard rounds as they are CHEAP

Custom weapons are a sign of means
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 01:11:30 PM by Zunder »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
Tink-o-cracy artifacts fetch a high premium on the black market. Almost all of those are fake.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 10:26:42 AM »
Tink-o-cracy artifacts fetch a high premium on the black market. Almost all of those are fake.
So what you're saying is...all those medals and uniforms we found at Gneverever's would be worth a fortune.   ;)