Author Topic: After All These Years  (Read 10098 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: After All These Years
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:00 PM »
Do I have time to make silver bullets in the two weeks before the OotSB shows up?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 09:53:51 PM »
Do I have time to make silver bullets in the two weeks before the OotSB shows up?

Yes
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 11:06:39 PM »
With our collective knowledge, what should we prepare for when facing vampires, umber bulks, and vampire umber hulks?
Having hunted vampires all his life, Marston tells everyone that they're susceptible to silver and magic weapons.  They're resistant to electricity and cold, but fire and acid works just fine.  They're fearful of garlic and mirrors.  I recommend everyone wears a garlic necklace and keeps a mirror on their person in case you're cornered.  It won't harm them, but it will keep them at a distance and they won't be able to grapple you.  If they get their hands on you, they'll drain your stamina until you become one of them.  When they feel outnumbered or weakened, they'll take alternate forms and flee like cowards.  Don't let them.  We'll need wooden stakes and holy symbols to finish them off and we'll need to destroy their living space, such as coffins, urns, etc.  It's also helpful to have means of resisting fear.  If they lock eyes with you, be prepared to fight for your life.  If they get into your head, they'll control your every action.

I can't speak to the abilities of the Umberhulk.  That's why I'm hiring guides familiar with the Underdark.  If they're vampiric, all the weaknesses mentioned above will apply to them as well.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 02:53:02 PM »
We will start tonight with the interviews of the relevant people and you collecting the equipment you think you will need.

The plan is to leave the day after the member of the OotSB arrives.

For sake of ease, I will assume that Finn is taking care of business on his farm until Dimitri arrives.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »
Is anyone close enough to next level that posting xp might matter?