Author Topic: After All These Years  (Read 10578 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: After All These Years
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »
"For every 10 experience points sacrificed by the caster, the creature will remain for an extra day past the spells normal duration."

Normal duration is concentration + 1 round. With the feat, duration is concentration + 1 round + X days?

Edit: If not, a normal summon nature's ally 6 provides a huge elemental. That will also work (though not as awesome).

I suppose it depends on where you put the X in the algebra.  I will have to think about it.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 11:19:10 PM »
That nonsense is why there is a creation ban.

But for our purposes, the salt is not usable in foodstuffs, it makes them taste terrible.
Still a market in Icefia for winter weather surface treatment.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
I interview each candidate and get a feel for their motives, whether it be honorable, greedy, etc.  +15 Sense Motive.  I review everyone's answers and consult with the group on who would be best.

OOC:  Maybe you could send me a list of the top five choices and we'll pick from them.  Maybe narrow it down to level, class, faith, and how much it's going to cost to hire them.  I also would like to wait for the Order of the Sunlight Below representative to arrive.  Best to be fully prepared.

What is the total number you want from this process?

You will have Rathos and the member of the OotSB, how many others?  You will already have yourself, Artemus, Harrick, and Finn as well.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »
Do you set a price that you are paying, or do you negotiate individually with each one?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 12:47:08 PM »
To give some general feeling on who you get; there are no wizards that can cast anything more than a magic missile that apply.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »
What is the total number you want from this process?

You will have Rathos and the member of the OotSB, how many others?  You will already have yourself, Artemus, Harrick, and Finn as well.
To keep it simple, I only want everyone's secondary characters to join and the OotSB NPC.  Other than that, I'm good.  If someone has any additional character ideas they want to play, and of course get approved by DM, then they can join too.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 12:55:44 PM »
Do you set a price that you are paying, or do you negotiate individually with each one?
It'll depend on how many extra characters join.  A week's work in this town is what...3-5 GP?  It'll be more than that with hazard pay, but I'll have to figure out exactly how much.  I'll be sure to make it appealing for higher level characters to join. 

To DM: If you have any NPC's you really want to introduce, let me know and I'll base the wage on how powerful they are.   

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 12:57:23 PM »
To give some general feeling on who you get; there are no wizards that can cast anything more than a magic missile that apply.
I'm not interested in 1st level wizards, so no loss there.  They wouldn't last the distance of the walk, let alone any combat in the Underdark.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »
To keep it simple, I only want everyone's secondary characters to join and the OotSB NPC.  Other than that, I'm good.  If someone has any additional character ideas they want to play, and of course get approved by DM, then they can join too.

That will be a total of nine, and if anyone won't have their character ready, we can fill in with NPCs.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 01:17:57 PM »
It'll depend on how many extra characters join.  A week's work in this town is what...3-5 GP?  It'll be more than that with hazard pay, but I'll have to figure out exactly how much.  I'll be sure to make it appealing for higher level characters to join. 

To DM: If you have any NPC's you really want to introduce, let me know and I'll base the wage on how powerful they are.   

A mission to the underdark for a week out of the town, you'd be looking at 50gc per level plus food and drink.  That would be a fair rate.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 02:04:51 PM »
A mission to the underdark for a week out of the town, you'd be looking at 50gc per level plus food and drink.  That would be a fair rate.
Okay, 50gc per level it is. 

If anyone capable of removing vampiric curses joins us, I'll sweeten the pot.  I'd rather recover Elizabeth than have to end her. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2017, 02:30:06 PM »
With our collective knowledge, what should we prepare for when facing vampires, umber bulks, and vampire umber hulks?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 02:33:27 PM »
Plus Bonsai, Dug, and Dug's bulkier older cousin Peat.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
With our collective knowledge, what should we prepare for when facing vampires, umber bulks, and vampire umber hulks?

Both vampires and umber hulks have gaze attacks, so anything that helps against those would be tops on your list.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 08:29:03 PM »
Both vampires and umber hulks have gaze attacks, so anything that helps against those would be tops on your list.

Both mind-affecting?

Burrowing plus energy drain plus ability drain?

Finn will bring garlic for all.