Author Topic: After All These Years  (Read 10582 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
After All These Years
« on: April 14, 2017, 12:46:00 AM »
To start, experience for our planning rescuers.  Everyone gets 1250.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: After All These Years
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 12:46:47 AM »
If anyone has anything else they needed or wanted to do in the months before this session, or the week or so until you leave, post away.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:47:18 AM »
The first day you are back in Grimhold after you journey north is the 9th day of the 3rd month of 788.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »
In your help wanted poster, what exactly do you ask for?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 10:04:23 AM »
In your help wanted poster, what exactly do you ask for?
Wanted: Able bodied guide needed to lead an expedition into the Underdark.  Must possess an iron will and embody the spirit of freedom.  Potential candidates must provide their own weapons, but travel gear and ammunition will be supplied.  If things get rough, hazard pay will be made available.  Enquire about further details at Artemis' shop.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 02:56:37 PM »
Wanted: Able bodied guide needed to lead an expedition into the Underdark.  Must possess an iron will and embody the spirit of freedom.  Potential candidates must provide their own weapons, but travel gear and ammunition will be supplied.  If things get rough, hazard pay will be made available.  Enquire about further details at Artemis' shop.

Harrick comments to Marstan:  "You should make sure this person won't act wildly when we are lead into the underdark by undead.  I don't belive Vestalion will act kindly to you destroying his messanger guide"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 03:02:16 PM »

Harrick comments to Marstan:  "You should make sure this person won't act wildly when we are lead into the underdark by undead.  I don't belive Vestalion will act kindly to you destroying his messanger guide"
The details will be made clear to whomever we choose during the interview process.  I don't want to incite a riot by posting words like undead and Vestalion.  We don't need any rogue agents of Gnorton or other bounty hunters coming after you or the rest of our party during our expedition.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »
By the poster, it is clear that Artemus in involved.  Do you explicitly say on there that any of the rest of you are involved?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 04:27:24 PM »
By the poster, it is clear that Artemus in involved.  Do you explicitly say on there that any of the rest of you are involved?
I'll make a mention that it involves me since I'm sheriff, but not the others.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »
There is a steady trickle of people at first.  Once word reaches New Grimhold and the settlers' lands, many arrive.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
There is a steady trickle of people at first.  Once word reaches New Grimhold and the settlers' lands, many arrive.
I interview each candidate and get a feel for their motives, whether it be honorable, greedy, etc.  +15 Sense Motive.  I review everyone's answers and consult with the group on who would be best.

OOC:  Maybe you could send me a list of the top five choices and we'll pick from them.  Maybe narrow it down to level, class, faith, and how much it's going to cost to hire them.  I also would like to wait for the Order of the Sunlight Below representative to arrive.  Best to be fully prepared.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »
Here is one letter that you received: 

Hello my name is Rathos (DM can fill in his last name if possible but most likely you have heard it because it is one of the top gun merchants in all of the plateau).

I am a graduate of The Bardic College of Icefia and have been around the world on many adventures to stop the forces of evil.  I have adventured with such heroes as the 3 Archmages of Icefia, Saint Solaris of Hemator and the world renowned Relic Hunter Parker.  I have been to the  many places around the world including Icefia, the Plateau and the String Mountains just to name a few.   I have many skills I have learned in the bardic college and through my training as an acrobat.   Recently, after hearing about the amazing opportunities in Grimhold,  I have returned to the Plateau to explore the land and go on new adventures.  Adventuring is a way of life for me and how I make my living.  I will be staying in (an upscale Inn in grimhold) so please contact me if you are in need of my services.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 10:07:13 PM »
Here is one letter that you received: 

Hello my name is Rathos (DM can fill in his last name if possible but most likely you have heard it because it is one of the top gun merchants in all of the plateau).

I am a graduate of The Bardic College of Icefia and have been around the world on many adventures to stop the forces of evil.  I have adventured with such heroes as the 3 Archmages of Icefia, Saint Solaris of Hemator and the world renowned Relic Hunter Parker.  I have been to the  many places around the world including Icefia, the Plateau and the String Mountains just to name a few.   I have many skills I have learned in the bardic college and through my training as an acrobat.   Recently, after hearing about the amazing opportunities in Grimhold,  I have returned to the Plateau to explore the land and go on new adventures.  Adventuring is a way of life for me and how I make my living.  I will be staying in (an upscale Inn in grimhold) so please contact me if you are in need of my services.
I like it.  I move Rathos' resume to the top of the list.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 10:55:44 PM »
I like it.  I move Rathos' resume to the top of the list.
We should all dust off our characters from Whitesword's short-lived Underdark campaign. That one didn't end in a TPK ,so those characters should all be alive/available.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 11:15:42 PM »
If anyone has anything else they needed or wanted to do in the months before this session, or the week or so until you leave, post away.
Finn adds more recruits to his ensemble.

And I summon Fiona a pet to keep her company.