Author Topic: Calm Wins Until the Stalker Arrives  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Calm Wins Until the Stalker Arrives
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 10:21:17 AM »
That's a brilliant idea.  As long as Marston is authorized to leave Grimhold for brief stints without compromising his responsibility to the town, he takes you up on your offer.

Once things settle down, after a couple weeks, you get permission.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 10:22:59 AM »
While we're looking for my wife, I'll inquire about communing with Gnevil to make sure his soul is at peace.  If not, perhaps I could spend some coin on resurrecting him.  Just a thought.

I will only type to the technical possibility of that.  His method of death was such that it would require something certainly more powerful than a Raise Dead or Reincarnation.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
If there are any clickers I can make to help the grove along then I do that.  I have the design for the water gun which could help with watering all the crops. 

I will be happy to make clickers for people but I am not enchanting anything right now because I don't want to waste my exp.

I take order for my messenger clickers.

I work on the "hearing aid" project.

I spend time upgrading my own clickers.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 03:28:32 PM »
Shortly after the new year begins (788), a representative of the Desert Arcana Company arrive in Grimhold.  He is a desert elf named Kaileb el'Toconil al'Shislin.  He is given permission to set up an office in new Grimhold.

Anyone from the plateau knows of the company, which is based in Bellin.  They are arcanists who do not shy away from clickers.  It is run by desert elves and has existed in its current form for many decades.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »
If there are any clickers I can make to help the grove along then I do that.  I have the design for the water gun which could help with watering all the crops. 

I will be happy to make clickers for people but I am not enchanting anything right now because I don't want to waste my exp.

I take order for my messenger clickers.

I work on the "hearing aid" project.

I spend time upgrading my own clickers.

You get one more order from your spider messenger.  You can roll to see how well you negotiate price.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 03:30:34 PM »
A report comes from the Ataways office that Gneon and his airship will be returning in spring.  By that point, he will have been gone for about 9 months.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »
I will also erect a monument for the deceased crusaders over where they are buried. I'll plant a ring of trees with 8 large stones laid flat in a circle (like Falan's wheel) in the center.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »
I will also erect a monument for the deceased crusaders over where they are buried. I'll plant a ring of trees with 8 large stones laid flat in a circle (like Falan's wheel) in the center.

After a few weeks have passed, some of the crusaders come to visit the monument.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 09:50:37 AM »
I deputize all of them because they're awesome.

To be clear, you may not keep them perpetually deputized since they are not employees.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »
To be clear, you may not keep them perpetually deputized since they are not employees.
I know.  I was just having some fun with Finn's ensemble cast of new characters. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »
I know.  I was just having some fun with Finn's ensemble cast of new characters.
Here's a recap of Finn's mounted security force that was present at the diplomatic meeting (because I think I missed a lot of details I had developed):

The trio of goblins are each riding a powerfully built ram that stands ~3 ft high at the shoulder. Each ram sports massive, curved horns that are painted with green bands of varying thickness (think UPC codes). Shaggy fur pokes out of studded leather barding on each ram. Finn tells you later in conversation the names of the mounts - Ironhide, Brawn, and Cliffjumper.

The leader of the three goblins introduces himself as Duke, and does all the talking. He is lean and fit, dressed in a shiny bronze breastplate, shoulder guards, and greaves. He wears a matching Spanish conquistador style helmet that has a faceguard made to look like an angry bearded man (like this). There is a shield slung across his back, a pistol on one hip, a sabre on the other, and a lance secured to the saddle of his mount that flies a banner with a yellow sun on a green field.

Duke introduces the goblin on his right as Flint. Flint is broad and muscular, and stares at you all menacingly. He wears a rough greyish armor that you suspect is made from hebablam hide. His head is uncovered and his dark hair slicked back. In his hands he carries a heavy flail with the chain and spiked ball nonchalantly slung over his shoulder. A short shotgun is in a holster on his back. His mount clomps agitatedly at the ground when they stop to address you.

The third goblin stops a good 10 ft behind the others. Duke introduces him as Mutt. He is thin and lightly armed and armored - dressed in basic leather armor with a soft leather hat that comes down over his ears. He is carrying a spear with a pistol holstered on his hip. There is a pack of 4 barking dogs (Bullmastiff's named Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, and Buzzsaw) in front of him that he quiets with a word. He is also sporting what is obviously a falconry glove, and it is then that you look up and see 2 horned owls (Starscream and Dirge) circling above you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:38:37 PM by Hero »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »
Here's a recap of Finn's mounted security force that was present at the diplomatic meeting (because I think I missed a lot of details I had developed):

The trio of goblins are each riding a powerfully built ram that stands ~3 ft high at the shoulder. Each ram sports massive, curved horns that are painted with green bands of varying thickness (think UPC codes). Shaggy fur pokes out of studded leather barding on each ram. Finn tells you later in conversation the names of the mounts - Ironhide, Brawn, and Cliffjumper.

The leader of the three goblins introduces himself as Duke, and does all the talking. He is lean and fit, dressed in a shiny bronze breastplate, shoulder guards, and greaves. He wears a matching Spanish conquistador style helmet that has a faceguard made to look like an angry bearded man (like this). There is a shield slung across his back, a pistol on one hip, a sabre on the other, and a lance secured to the saddle of his mount that flies a banner with a yellow sun on a green field.

Duke introduces the goblin on his right as Flint. Flint is broad and muscular, and stares at you all menacingly. He wears a rough greyish armor that you suspect is made from hebablam hide. His head is uncovered and his dark hair slicked back. In his hands he carries a heavy flail with the chain and spiked ball nonchalantly slung over his shoulder. A short shotgun is in a holster on his back. His mount clomps agitatedly at the ground when they stop to address you.

The third goblin stops a good 10 ft behind the others. Duke introduces him as Mutt. He is thin and lightly armed and armored - dressed in basic leather armor with a soft leather hat that comes down over his ears. He is carrying a spear with a pistol holstered on his hip. There is a pack of 4 barking dogs (Bullmastiff's named Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, and Buzzsaw) in front of him that he quiets with a word. He is also sporting what is obviously a falconry glove, and it is then that you look up and see 2 horned owls (Starscream and Dirge) circling above you.
Like I said...awesome.

Please tell me someone carries an ioun stone or power crystal named "All Spark."  If not, I'm creating a Psion named Optimus.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 09:39:14 PM »

So good...did I give you xp for all that already?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 09:42:37 PM »
Like I said...awesome.

Please tell me someone carries an ioun stone or power crystal named "All Spark."  If not, I'm creating a Psion named Optimus.
To stay consistent with the 80's era theme, the psicrystal would have to be named "The Matrix of Leadership."

Thanks for the idea. Now I have to use this as my backup character.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 09:46:53 PM »
So good...did I give you xp for all that already?
No xp distributed yet for follower details. I'm only about half way through - I've finished the goblin security detail, Fiona, and Ira. Still have at least 4 more followers with specific identities that I want to detail. Then a bunch of miscellaneous laborers that I will just leave non-descript.