Author Topic: Building a Better Angel Trap  (Read 10501 times)

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Building a Better Angel Trap
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »
Although a time is not yet arranged, word spreads by the night of the angel trap day that the mayor is looking for individuals willing to go and meet with the crusaders.

Some are calling it a posse.

Marston is required to go because of your job.  Klaus cannot go because they don't want to have to top two law enforcers out of the city.

The Mayor, as chief negotiator, will be going.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 08:02:57 PM »
I talk to mayor and find out what his purpose is for going down there.   If we go down there with a confrontational attitude then this will end poorly.   We need to gather our most diplomatic people together to talk with him in an area.  I don't think it is wise to go into the middle of his camp.   

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 09:02:36 PM »
I checked, the only regulation is it can't be Comic Sans.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 10:10:34 PM »
I talk to mayor and find out what his purpose is for going down there.   If we go down there with a confrontational attitude then this will end poorly.   We need to gather our most diplomatic people together to talk with him in an area.  I don't think it is wise to go into the middle of his camp.   

The mayor wants to talk to him about stopping the attacks.  Grimhold cannot allow daily assaults.  Meeting in between Grimhold and their camp at a tent is fine.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »
The sign meets the regulations for allowed signs as long as its on his property.
If Marston isn't able to legally take it down, Finn will ask Harrick to remove it. "I've stood behind you when your life was threatened by the crusaders because you had not done anything to deserve death. I cannot abide by you promoting undeath in the lands that Habastly appointed me to protect. Please take it down."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »
Although a time is not yet arranged, word spreads by the night of the angel trap day that the mayor is looking for individuals willing to go and meet with the crusaders.

Some are calling it a posse.
This will end in death. When is the mayor planning to have this meeting?

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »
This will end in death. When is the mayor planning to have this meeting?

He has not set a time and date, he needs Artemus to contact Gnorton.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 05:09:19 PM »
I agree with Finn and that was my concern.  We really need to plan out where and how many before I contact Gnorton at all.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 05:14:24 PM »
I agree with Finn and that was my concern.  We really need to plan out where and how many before I contact Gnorton at all.

If you do not agree to immediately contact Gnorton, the Mayor uses other means to arrange the meeting.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 09:42:23 PM »
I tell him to lay out a plan first.  I never said I wouldn't contact him.   I figured he would be savvy enough to go in with a solid plan.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 10:04:29 PM »
I tell him to lay out a plan first.  I never said I wouldn't contact him.   I figured he would be savvy enough to go in with a solid plan.

"The plan is to meet with him and discuss how we can end the constant harassment of the city and its citizens.  To ask how long the army is going to be stationed outside Grimhold, and what conditions have to occur for them to leave.  To ask if he is responsible, for the record, for the attacks on Harrick and the citizens of Grimhold, including our sheriffs and deputies."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »
If Marston isn't able to legally take it down, Finn will ask Harrick to remove it. "I've stood behind you when your life was threatened by the crusaders because you had not done anything to deserve death. I cannot abide by you promoting undeath in the lands that Habastly appointed me to protect. Please take it down."

Harrick will change the outside side to say "Vestaleon wants you to be the best you can be today"  and not until you get inside it says the rest.  Asking Finn if that makes him happy.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2017, 04:29:29 PM »
The deputy that had the flare gun is named Varner Gardhall and he is human near thirty years old with no wife but several kids.  He gets deputized in times of need and then resigns.  He is a life long resident of Grimhold and known to be rough.

Marston knows of him and has worked on occasion through the years.  Artemus knows him as well, but has not interacted with as often.  He weapon is a Quagear VAF 777, a large size ammunition epbul.  The weapon itself is not expensive, but it is rare because the ammunition is rare and expensive.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
"The plan is to meet with him and discuss how we can end the constant harassment of the city and its citizens.  To ask how long the army is going to be stationed outside Grimhold, and what conditions have to occur for them to leave.  To ask if he is responsible, for the record, for the attacks on Harrick and the citizens of Grimhold, including our sheriffs and deputies."

Gnorton has already admitted to it so that isn't the questions.  We have already asked him to stop and he said he wouldn't stop until Harrick is dead.  So I could send him a sending to see if he is willing to be at a neutral point to discuss things.  However, we need to let him know the terms of meeting.  (how many people, weapons, where exactly, etc.)

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »
Gnorton has already admitted to it so that isn't the questions.  We have already asked him to stop and he said he wouldn't stop until Harrick is dead.  So I could send him a sending to see if he is willing to be at a neutral point to discuss things.  However, we need to let him know the terms of meeting.  (how many people, weapons, where exactly, etc.)

The mayor nods and says, "Okay, I will think about that."  Artemus doesn't hear from him again about arranging a meeting with Gnorton.