Author Topic: Angel 176, Grimhold 1  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Angel 176, Grimhold 1
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 10:33:24 PM »
The High Cleric sighs..
  " I can't leave my temple, There is a lot I have to do.  I don't want to cause the people here undue pain, but there are responsibilities!.. " He hurries off, " I need to pray "[size=78%] [/size]

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 06:52:14 PM »
While you have your private meeting, the mayor is calling together a large town hall for that night to discuss.  It will be a late night meeting because many are worried that after two days of attacks, another will come tomorrow.
Might not be a great idea for Harrick to attend this meeting; tensions could run high, and we don't want the situation to escalate. "Don't bring a lit torch into a barn full of hay," as my wife would say.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:54:54 PM by Hero »

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 07:26:46 PM »
Might not be a great idea for Harrick to attend this meeting; tensions could run high, and we don't want the situation to escalate. "Don't bring a lit torch into a barn full of hay," as my wife would say.

That is up to Harrick.

Word on the street is that they are expecting 3,000 to attend.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
That is up to Harrick.

Word on the street is that they are expecting 3,000 to attend.
There's not enough rubber bullets in all of Grimhold to put down 3000 people.  If Harrick leaves for safer ground while the people are gathering, the situation may not escalate beyond our control. 

"Harrick, if you stay, we'll have a witch hunt on our hands."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 11:06:51 PM »
Over the course of the 11 months between the earthquake recovery effort and the first attack on Harrick, Finn gathered several individuals from his home and abroad to help him establish his shrine, grove, and farm.

He brings them individually or in small groups to Grimhold via Habastly's blessings (transport via plants) over several months, starting towards the end of month #3. Finn introduces them to the group as they arrive when we gather for our routine lunches.

The first person you meet is a young halfling woman, probably barely old enough to be considered an adult by the looks of her. When you first see her she is playing in the street with several stray dogs, with grinning Finn looking on. After you arrive, Finn calls the girl over; as she playfully skips over to meet you, smiling from ear-to-ear, a palpable sense of happiness and calm settles over you (there is a Will save to resist), and you can't help but smile back at the joyful presence before you. "This is my youngest daughter Fiona," says Finn with great pride. "Fortunately for her, she got her looks and personality from her mother. My only claim to her is her faith - Fiona is a cleric of Habastly and will be tending His shrine here."

Fiona greets you all with sincere pleasantries; her voice is melodic and sounds as if she is almost singing when she speaks. She is tall and thin for her race, like her father, and is quite possibly the most adorable halfling you have ever seen. She is dressed simply in a long skirt, apron, shirt, and a bandana to pull back her hair (think Cinderella pre-fairy godmother). She has a simple wooden symbol of Habastly on a string around her neck, and she does not appear to be armed at all.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 11:34:07 PM »
...and is quite possibly the most adorable halfling you have ever seen.
Clearly you've never met Rubius' children.   ;)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 10:00:48 AM »
The next of Finn's crew that you meet is a stereotypical-looking halfling named Ira. Finn introduces him as his brother-in-law. Ira is short and plump, neatly dressed, with a head full of short grey curly hair and a face that clearly indicates he does not want to be here. "Ira has a real knack with the production aspects of agriculture. Plot layout, crop rotation, market demand, transport logistics. That sort of thing. He was managing my family's plantation back home. I needed his help here, so my sister made him come. He's not normally this miserable." Ira says little more than "humph" to any of you.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:10:21 AM by Hero »

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 12:11:18 AM »
We will pick up that night after the angelic battle at the town meeting.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Posting and messaging xp:

Zunder - 35

Malchia - 40

Windblade - 25

Hero - 70