Author Topic: Angel 176, Grimhold 1  (Read 5116 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Angel 176, Grimhold 1
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:19:47 AM »
Before discussions, xp:

Marston, for being the last conscious guardian of Harrick - 1400

Artemus, for maintaining your stance not to hurt the angel and trying to help Harrick - 1600

Harrick and Finn, for emtpying the tank of ever useful and not useful spell prolonging the encounter until the whole town arrived to help, 2000 each
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Angel 176, Grimhold 1
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 12:46:24 AM »
I assume you do not go looking for a fight that night and can rest to gain the level if you got one.  Message with with your level if you did.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:35:00 AM »
Again, we are left on the boards with everyone looking around at a huge crowd after a fight in the middle of town.  It takes hours to sort things out and this time things are taken with greater concern as so many people were involved and hurt.

Once the mayor gathers himself, he takes charge and organizes things.

The cleric of Lansin sets up a triage station that draws as much curiosity as it helps.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
Harrick uses his last cleric spells to heal the worst off, not wanting anyone to die.  He doesn't speak much at all, doesn't want to sour the situation, just simply helps and allows what happens to sink in.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »
During any of this chaos, did my undead or vampire senses go off?

I help stabilize people and take as many statements as possible.

To Harrick: "Is Vestilion evil in any way?  I need to know his intentions and I need to know where your loyalties lie.  Please commune with your god and get some answers.  I realize you're not evil and you were done dirty by some of the Falanic faithful, but I can't keep allowing the citizens of this town to be put in jeopardy by all these vigilante attacks.  To the best of my ability, I will make sure Gnorton is brought to justice for his crimes, but we need to find a solution to these attacks in the meantime.  It may be wise to relocate your temple to Vestilion's keep (formerly the Skull Lord's) or right outside the keep.  You can worship in peace out there and you'll be protected by Vestilion's defenses.  Staying in town is dangerous and irresponsible.  Too many lives are at stake." 

To Artemus: "I think the sooner we work on my leg, the better.  I'm not confident that I'll be authorized to have my leg regenerated.  That being said, I need to know what you're capable of making without too much strain on your life force."     

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 12:03:57 PM »
Harrick uses his last cleric spells to heal the worst off, not wanting anyone to die.  He doesn't speak much at all, doesn't want to sour the situation, just simply helps and allows what happens to sink in.

Very few are badly hurt, as the angel appeared to mostly do subdual damage.  Those only ones you find badly hurt other than the sheriff are those that got hit by stray bullets.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 12:16:52 PM »
During any of this chaos, did my undead or vampire senses go off?

No

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »
Mary the sketch artist draws several renditions of the angel.

It should be noted that the angel flying away is the most common report.  Some say a flash of light and it disappeared, some say it was killed and exploded.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 02:34:19 PM »
To Harrick: "Is Vestilion evil in any way?  I need to know his intentions and I need to know where your loyalties lie.  Please commune with your god and get some answers.  I realize you're not evil and you were done dirty by some of the Falanic faithful, but I can't keep allowing the citizens of this town to be put in jeopardy by all these vigilante attacks.  To the best of my ability, I will make sure Gnorton is brought to justice for his crimes, but we need to find a solution to these attacks in the meantime.  It may be wise to relocate your temple to Vestilion's keep (formerly the Skull Lord's) or right outside the keep.  You can worship in peace out there and you'll be protected by Vestilion's defenses.  Staying in town is dangerous and irresponsible.  Too many lives are at stake." 

Harrick wezzing from all the walking..gets close and stumbles to one knee.. His stained shirt hanging off him as he looses weight.. still haven't seen him eat in while.. He has some pretty bad BO at this point.. definitely still human..
" You ask questions that aren't not easy to explain, let me try...  Your actions have earned you an honest answer ten times over.  While I don't know Vestalions origins, I believe them to be evil.  Something evil in his past created him as an evil being.  Maybe evil controlled him for much of his existence"  Much like Dedestroyt was evil and evolved into something more,  so has Vestalion. " he lets that sink in " mind you that is all conjecture on my part. "  He pulls out a cloth and wipes the pooling sweat on his forehead, and slides it between some of his chins.. 
"  There are things you aren't going to like about him, let me cover those first.  Yes.. he appears as a skeletal death knight.  Yes, undead are his most numerous worshipers,  Yes he is directly opposed to any deity who would destroy undead without reason like Stasis, and Falan. 
[size=78%]  [/size]
   There is much more that i don't know if you are going to like or not, but of these things, none of them are evil.  Mindless undead, skeletons and zombies are just useful tools.   As long as they are well controlled there is nothing wrong with them.  Yes, they are powered by negative energy, but there are some spells that good clerics use that are also like that.   If these undead break control they are to be destroyed!  if these undead are aberrations and are resistant to control, they are to be destroyed. 

Vestalion believes that undeath is the natural next stage of existence.  Existing as a spirit in eternal glory or torment is wrong, one should strive to grow your spirit in life before moving to undeath if you have earned that honor.  Live as long as you can, be as great as you can.  The stages are ordered for a reason, don't be a fool and try to rush things.  Along these lines of belief, he doesn't call this existance undeath, he calls it Eternal.  Once Eternal you should exist to complete your goals, continue growing and improving.

The Eternal stage is for those that can retain their spirit after death.  This is truly the next stage of existence.  Many of these eternal forms are aberrations and should be destroyed.   Living beings should be encouraged to fight and stay alive as long as possible.  Only those that have truly earned it shall be admitted into the eternal, and should remain faithful to him or be destroyed.  If i was to die in this battle today, there is very little chance I would have been admitted, i haven't earned the honor.
  He is an Agent of Law, and Agent of Order.  Laws will be followed, his agreement with Grimhold will be upheald as long as the city wishes it to be. Chaos should always be resisted and destroyed.  Living beings should be given every chance to live, be given every choice to live before forcing your hand and killing them. 

He has the archtype of a hero, or a leader, very type A.  He believe in his path and will work tirelessly on it.  Finally.. Good and Evil are instruments used to measure others, used to judge, they aren't absolutes.  The only goal is greatness."

He pauses and watches you for your reaction.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 03:02:12 PM »
I will assume this is done when its just the four of you, or perhaps just the two of you, and not in the crowd.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »
He pauses and watches you for your reaction.
"That's an interesting take on life beyond death, but all my life I've been taught to hate undeath as unnatural and evil.  I've seen good people taken against their will and turned into agents of evil."  He pauses for a moment and sits in silence.  "I've seen those closest to me taken and mutated into abominations.  I respect your choice to go on this pilgrimage of your faith, but I can't allow it to put innocent lives in jeopardy.  I too am a man of faith.  Despite a few fanatics, I still believe in Falan as an agent of good.  It was my faith in Falan that helped me get through a difficult time in my life when I lost my wife and unborn child.  Falan blesses me with a keen sense of purpose when patrolling these lands and has granted me the strength to destroy the undead and those that control them.  I can't give up my faith so easily because of a few people who've been led astray."  He pauses again and offers Harrick a handkerchief to wipe his brow.

"I'm afraid I still must request that you seek shelter outside of the city proper and set up shop closer to Vestilion's fortress.  Until these extremists can be dealt with, you're presence in town only aggravates their urge to kill you and place people in danger.  These peoples' safety is my responsibility, as well as your safety, so getting you somewhere safe and getting these people out of the line of fire seems the right thing to do."       

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 03:07:34 PM »
I will assume this is done when its just the four of you, or perhaps just the two of you, and not in the crowd.
Yes

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »

Vestalion believes that undeath is the natural next stage of existence...The Eternal stage is for those that can retain their spirit after death.  This is truly the next stage of existence. 
Undeath is not a path to life. Not on Habololy. Life can only be created from life. Upon death, your spirit goes on to exist in the afterlife on the plane of your deity. Those that are truly blessed by the deities may return to life through divine blessings. That is how the Creators intended it. What you are proposing goes against the natural order. Many traditional clergy of the Council will oppose you; right now it is just Falan, but your beliefs will only draw more attention over time.

Marston is right, your presence here is endangering the lives of everyone in this town.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 07:16:58 PM »
I agree with Finn and the teaching of Habastly as they are similar to the teaching of Falan in this area.  Undeath is not away to immortality and it is dangerous to think so.  I also believe it is unsafe for Harrick to stay in this town.  Harrick, I think it would be best if you pack up and leave so the people of this town remain safe.  That being said if you choose to say then we will go before the judge and find the lawful way to have you evicted.  In the meantime, I don't believe you should die for your beliefs and you have not done anything at this point to warrant that so I will defend you in this town until you choose to leave or are legally evicted.  The crusaders are hurting the faith in this town and the need to be dealt with.  They do not get to act as judge, jury and executioner. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 08:54:27 PM »
While you have your private meeting, the mayor is calling together a large town hall for that night to discuss.  It will be a late night meeting because many are worried that after two days of attacks, another will come tomorrow.