Author Topic: Did I Leave My La-Z-Bones Chair Running?  (Read 4298 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Did I Leave My La-Z-Bones Chair Running?
« on: February 10, 2017, 12:25:14 AM »
Any question about or actions for the current situation?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Did I Leave My La-Z-Bones Chair Running?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 09:45:39 AM »
Well, since it's undead, it doesn't eat, doesn't get tired, and follows commands seamlessly.  I don't see any problem with making him run indefinitely.

Obviously someone agrees (looking at the Gardener)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 09:58:35 AM »
The date is the 16th day of the 5th month of 787.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »
It occurs to you at some point in the morning that Slyvestor (Sly the gnome illusionist), is not with you.  He was at the fight to defend the Gardener, but he did not show up in the morning.

When asking where he was to Sheriff Klaus, he responded, "I sent for him and he wasn't there."  Before you get too concerned, a messenger boy finds you and delivers a note which reads:

'Sorry for not appearing, the fight last night spooked me and I am leaving town for a bit.'

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »
The make up of the Falanic Crusade is reasonably well known, and I assume that at various points you have been told the information.

There were 2,000 crusaders to start.  This was made up of 80% Plateauians and 20% others.  The general idea was that the 20% of Plateauians that did not go needed to be substituted for.  Note that for this purpose, Plateauians refers to those from the Plateau and the area immediately surrounding it.  That includes Rosetree, Habastalai, Port Talp, Northut, etc.

The force was about 30% clerics, 25% rangers, 10% arcane spellcaster (lots of Necromancy), and the remaining third of the force was everything else.  Humans made of two thirds of the force.  There were a good number of gnomes and a notable high number of elves and Sakor'akai.

From Grimhold, Kalven the church purifier and Gnettle the Evangelist both went.  Kalven is unaccounted for, but Gnettle is here.  Frederick Welow did not go, he is the organizational head.

Lasorizzan, the renowned Church purifier Sakor'akai of the Plateau was here and is dead according to the cleric.

As the sun sets, there are you and 70 crusaders at the two remaining wagons.  When you arrived there were just short of 300 camped in safety.  You brought over 200 to them in the two hours.  In addition, the ship collected another 50 to 75.  The last group of survivors number about 30.

During your rescue efforts, Gneon sends word that his spotters have also seen individuals farther away that he believers were part of the crusade as well.  They are far to the east or west, having fled that direction for some reason.  He puts their number at just short of 100.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 10:29:28 AM »
A note of the survivors when you arrived.  Many were shell shocked and could say little to you.  Some were still under the effects of some fear.  I note this to explain why they didn't do some other things that may seem obvious.  This is in addition to what was mentioned last night that they are all out of spells and many of the leaders are gone.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »
There was a contingent of 50-100 tinker oriented crusaders with the force.  Half of them are fine and were with the rearguard.  The other half were on the front line and reports are they were working on a device to lower crusaders faster into the chasm.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 10:32:45 AM »
Although you have not had time to have a long conversation about what type of undead attacked, the general idea is corporeal.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
Harrick turns to the immediate group...

" I'm thinking a Falanic army is about the worst possible nightmare for a undead stronghold...  What, or Who ever is there is bad news for you guys"

He does emphasize "you"  a little with a touch of a grin.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 11:34:31 AM »
The general responses are of confusion and shock at what happened.  It is almost impossible to get a clear coherent story as different people jump in and contradict or back up a story that is being told.

The one consistent theme is that the earthquake was a surprise and larger than any non-natural phenomenon could be.

You also hear that the undead that attacked were dispatched easily.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »
The general responses are of confusion and shock at what happened.  It is almost impossible to get a clear coherent story as different people jump in and contradict or back up a story that is being told.

The one consistent theme is that the earthquake was a surprise and larger than any non-natural phenomenon could be.

You also hear that the undead that attacked were dispatched easily.
Are they coherent enough to understand that they need to evacuate the area post-haste?

We'll stand and fight against whatever is about to pop up through the ground, but we need to get these people out of here. 

I don't remember her name, but that strawberry blond can lead them to safer ground while we mount our defense of the survivors. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 12:13:08 PM »
Are they coherent enough to understand that they need to evacuate the area post-haste?

Yes, they are moving quickly to get out of the area.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 12:14:16 PM »
I don't remember her name, but that strawberry blond can lead them to safer ground while we mount our defense of the survivors.

She has already left with the majority of the survivors.  You are with the twenty or so who stayed behind with two wagons and those you just brought back.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
Her name is Felicia Karemot.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 01:15:55 PM »
Because I did not mention it, I wanted to remind you that the name of the airship is the Gnalaways.