Author Topic: Ranger Spells  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Ranger Spells
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »
Something that came up last night among us Rangers is the topic of Ranger spell lists.  The way I understand it is that Habololian Rangers are limited to the spell lists available to them in the Ranger Handbook.  Each type of Ranger has a spell list attached to it that differs from the universal list available in the PHB. 

The question is: Are those the only spells a Haboloian Ranger can cast or are there other spell lists to choose from?   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Ranger Spells
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
The list in the Guide to Rangers is correct, although I did not scan every book.  If you find a ranger spell from other than the PHB you can ask me.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
The list in the Guide to Rangers is correct, although I did not scan every book.  If you find a ranger spell from other than the PHB you can ask me.
The simple answer to this statement is that I'd like to be able to use all spells from additional supplements; especially being a Wilderness Ranger, since it's the same as the PHB.  I can see modifications being made to alternative Rangers such as Modern and Psionic, but the Wilderness Ranger is essentially who all these spells were designed for.  First level examples include "Detect Favored Enemy" and "Hunter's Mercy." 

https://dndtools.net/spells/?name=&range=&spell_resistance=&area=&duration=&saving_throw=&casting_time=&school__slug=&sub_school__slug=&descriptors__slug=&verbal_component=1&somatic_component=1&material_component=1&arcane_focus_component=1&divine_focus_component=1&xp_component=1&rulebook__slug=&description=&class_levels__slug=ranger&domain_levels__slug=&_filter=Filter

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 09:59:06 PM »
As long as they are 3.5 and not Dragon related, you should be able to use them all.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.