Author Topic: Unphriendly Phobos  (Read 23623 times)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unphriendly Phobos
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 08:35:13 AM »
At the conclusion of the above post Kerley and Parker are in the same condition they were after the battle.
Parker reloads his winder, knowing it is mostly a pointless gesture, but it makes him feel better.  Parker thinks for a minute and then tosses a bunch of his exploding ammunition onto the ground in front of him.  Then he quickly moves behind Kerkly and plants the butt of his Rod of Alertness into the ground. Finally, he puts himself between Kerkly and the fight with Aries and stands in a defensive fighting stance with his Holy Bastard sword at the ready.
(The Rod casts Prayer on both of them, we get a +1 morale bonus to all rolls and any enemies tale a -1 to all rolls for the next 10 minutes. Also the ammunition Parker scattered around is affected by an Animate Object spell controlled by Parker.  Additionally, Parker will instantly get a mental alert from the Rod if anyone who intends them harm who comes within 120 feet)

Online whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 04:35:26 AM »
When Parker steps between Ares and Kerkley, a position that is difficult to maintain as the combatants move faster than you can, he is almost over powered with feelings of rage and hatred. The holy sword seems to hum as if it would shatter if struck in the right place. If Ares sees you he gives no sign.

Moments later, with no flash, Baervan and his raccoon are beside you.  "Come my friends, this battle has little to do with you now and you need not lose your lives to this thug."

Ares snaps the spearhead down on Sif's head like a mace, leaving her staggered, and whirls on you.  "Do not touch them runt. They will serve me in Hades until I am satisfied."

Baervan makes no move, though his companion lets out a dutiful snarl, but appears unintimidated. "Your feud with Asgard has gone on so long perhaps this bloodletting was inevitable but you are not so foolish as to raise your spear against me. Already mighty Tyr knows of what you have done and when his eiheneiar have swept away the fiends your servants will be next.  Sif's husband will arrive even sooner and then you will be overmatched. Strike me down in spite and I doubt even your own pantheon will shelter you; Olympus will be besieged by all the celestial planes !

Baervan raises his spear east: "See, even now Thor comes to aid and avenge his beloved." Parker can see the most intense thunderstorm he has ever seen racing towards you.

Ares spear wavers for a moment but as Sif recovers he whirls and drives the lance into her side again. She collapses but does not expire. "I will drown all of you in her blood; make Thor watch as I make a trophy of her golden haired skull!  I will . . ." His next words are cut short by an arrow that pierces his left shoulder. He spins and ducks just in time to avoid another but a third strikes him in the hip.

Baervan's face takes on a satisfied smile. "Fool, did you think me false? You know the pact among all The Elder Children. See, the Lord of the Dawn comes. Even Zeus could not protect you. If you are lucky  Corellon will take pity on you and save you from Thor. But I doubt it."

Ares crouches behind his shield but reverses his spear and pierces Baervan once above his belt. The gnome staggers back but does not fall. Before Ares can strike again, in a blink or less, between he and Baerevan there is a tall, regal elf. His eyes are like glowing sapphires and he is arrayed in mithril armor, sword and spear; a longbow and quiver upon his back. Baervan mutters while clutching his wound, "your timing is excellent as ever my lord."

Ares's eyes narrow and for the first time his guard exceeds his attack. His spear strikes out from behind his crescent shield but Corellon knocks it aside each time. "Coward! You fear me!"

"Your deeds are not mine to avenge, but I shall see that you remain to be held to account."

Ares makes three attempts to move around Corellon to get at you but his path is blocked each time. After the last Corellon sheathes his sword and nods again to the east and Ares turns to face a massive red bearded figure. Corellon casts a rainbow barrier between the group of you and Ares and begins to tend to the wounded.

What follows is violence the likes of which neither Kerkley nor Parker could have imagined. All around, outside the barrier, the air is lit by lightning, the ground cracks and then seals, the weather changes by the moment. Where Ares steps the already trampled grass blackens and dies. When Mjolnir passes the air leaves a contrail in its wake. It only lasts a few moments and just as quickly as it began Ares is crushed to the ground, his body and head shattered and ruptured.

Thor gives a bow and salute to Corellon and lifts Sif and Verconis' wounded bodies far more gently than you would expect given what you just witnessed. He dissappears in a flash of lightning.

Corellon turns to you. Word has already been sent to your lord Avoreen, Keeper Andest. He will bring your companions to meet the celestial armies. I will send you there now unless you have other needs.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 10:44:45 PM by whitesword »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »
Kerkly meekly shakes his head to answer no he has no other needs.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Online whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
When Parker steps between Ares and Kerkley, a position that is difficult to maintain as the combatants move faster than you can, he is almost over powered with feelings of rage and hatred. The holy sword seems to hum as if it would shatter if struck in the right place. If Ares sees you he gives no sign.

Moments later, with no flash, Baervan and his raccoon are beside you.  "Come my friends, this battle has little to do with you now and you need not lose your lives to this thug."

Ares snaps the spearhead down on Sif's head like a mace, leaving her staggered, and whirls on you.  "Do not touch them runt. They will serve me in Hades until I am satisfied."

Baervan makes no move, though his companion lets out a dutiful snarl, but appears unintimidated. "Your feud with Asgard has gone on so long perhaps this bloodletting was inevitable but you are not so foolish as to raise your spear against me. Already mighty Tyr knows of what you have done and when his eiheneiar have swept away the fiends your servants will be next.  Sif's husband will arrive even sooner and then you will be overmatched. Strike me down in spite and I doubt even your own pantheon will shelter you; Olympus will be besieged by all the celestial planes !

Baervan raises his spear east: "See, even now Thor comes to aid and avenge his beloved." Parker can see the most intense thunderstorm he has ever seen racing towards you.

Ares spear wavers for a moment but as Sif recovers he whirls and drives the lance into her side again. She collapses but does not expire. "I will drown all of you in her blood make Thor watch as I make a trophy of her golden haired skull!  I will . . ." His next words are cut short by an arrow that pierces his left shoulder. He spins and ducks just in time to avoid another but a third strikes him in the hip.

Baervan's face takes on a satisfied smile. "Fool, did you think me false? You know the pact among all The Elder Children. See the lord of the dawn comes. Even Zeus could not protect you. If you are lucky  Corellon will take pity on you and save you from Thor. But I doubt it."

Ares crouches behind his shield but reverses his spear and pierces Baervan once above his belt. The gnome staggers back but does not fall. Before Ares can strike again, in a blink or less, between he and Baerevan there is a tall, regal elf. His eyes are like glowing sapphires and he is arrayed in mithril armor, sword and spear; a longbow and quiver upon his back. Baervan mutters while clutching his wound, "your timing is excellent as ever my lord."

Ares's eyes narrow and for the first time his guard exceeds his attack. His spear strikes out from behind his crescent shield but Corellon knocks it aside each time. "Coward! You fear me!"

"Your deeds are not mine to avenge, but I shall see that you remain to be held to account."

Ares makes three attempts to move around Corellon to get at you but his path is blocked each time. After the last Corellon sheathes his sword and nods again to the east and Ares turns to face a massive red bearded figure. Corellon casts a rainbow barrier between the group of you and Ares and begins to tend to the wounded.

What follows is violence the likes of which neither Kerkley nor Parker could have imagined. All around, outside the barrier, the air is lit by lightning, the ground cracks and then seals, the weather changes by the moment. Where Ares steps the already trampled grass blackens and dies. When Mjolnir passes the air leaves a contrail in its wake. It only lasts a few moments and just as quickly as it began Ares is crushed to the ground, his body and head shattered and ruptured.

Thor gives a bow and salute to Corellon and lifts Sif and Verconis' wounded bodies far more gently than you would expect given what you just witnessed. He dissappears in a flash of lightning.

Corellon turns to you. Word has already been sent to your lord Avoreen, Keeper Andest. He will bring your companions to meet the celestial armies. I will send you there now unless you have other needs.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 04:24:04 PM »
Was that intentionally posted a 2nd time?

Online whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 06:01:59 PM »
Was that intentionally posted a 2nd time?

No. I lost all phone service for about 7hrs yesterday and when I refreshed everything it still came up on the posting screen.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 02:57:51 PM »
Corellon turns to you. Word has already been sent to your lord Avoreen, Keeper Andest. He will bring your companions to meet the celestial armies.
I thought we were being returned to Habololy?  Are we in a meeting with the leaders of the celestial armies or are we back on our home world?  Sorry if I missed it.  Just trying to figure out where we are at the moment while we wait to be reunited with Kerkley and Parker. 

Online whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 09:24:34 AM »
While Kerkley and Parker remain behind the others arrive in the midst of a massive encampment. Less than a mile "north" there is a proper town, far more orderly and maintained than Faunel.  The camp is also more orderly, tents are aligned in neat rows, spaced evenly apart. There is still a certain rowdiness that one expects in a military camp by the sounds of things but it is vastly different from the Olympians or Asgardians.

Your arrival causes little notice, though Möbius draws a look or two. Looking around you see heraldic standards in abundance, again far more than the camp you departed earlier. Most are foreign to you but a few are familiar: the hammer and scales of Tyr, the rampant dragon of Behamut and the white sword of Stasis (which flys a little lower than the first two).  A great tent adorned in silver and gold sits at the center of the camp, flying Tyr's banner.

Seemingly waiting for you is a massive "lizard folk" (though Möbius tells you later it is a Saurial), wearing the robes and silver gauntlet of Tyr. It has three horns, one on its nose and the the others on its forehead and a great bone halo surrounding its face. It's skin is a grey green. It is as tall as Möbius and even thicker.

"Hail Möbius of Dakon and Hail champions of Habololy, I am Sharkandrik, servant of Tyr. Food, drink and rest are prepared for you. There will be a council when Keeper Andest and Lord Verconis arrive."

Assuming one of you informs him (you're fairly sure) of the circumstances of your arrival, he turns as if to move towards the great tent but then shakes his head. "If avatars are battling speed is of the essence."  He instead uses a sending.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2016, 10:21:46 AM »
...and the white sword of Stasis (which flys a little lower than the first two).
I thought Stasis was looked down upon on the outer planes?  I didn't realize he was being represented in this war. 

Online whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 10:48:00 AM »
I thought Stasis was looked down upon on the outer planes?  I didn't realize he was being represented in this war.

Prime material powers, including those of Habololy, are not highly thought of and in turn Habololy's planar reputation is that it is a second rate planet. You should revisit the end of the thread about the hunt for the Throne of Aruvatar for some insight into the planar relationships. Stasis is an ally of Tyr and Behamut (among others)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »
Prime material powers, including those of Habololy, are not highly thought of and in turn Habololy's planar reputation is that it is a second rate planet. You should revisit the end of the thread about the hunt for the Throne of Aruvatar for some insight into the planar relationships. Stasis is an ally of Tyr and Behamut (among others)
Is Stasis' avatar here?

Online whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 11:03:50 AM »
Is Stasis' avatar here?

Not that you've seen

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
Not that you've seen
Okay, well I greet Sharkandrik and thank him for the provisions.

"Is there anything we can do to assist while we're here in camp waiting for the others?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »
Benlin, who is drained and overwhelmed, does little except listen and nervously wait for Kerkly's arrival.

Online whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 04:21:26 PM »
Benlin, who is drained and overwhelmed, does little except listen and nervously wait for Kerkly's arrival.

A few minutes pass and two more figures arrive. The first is a tall feather winged man dressed in a silver robe with a golden belt. He too wears a silver gauntlet and is armed with a great sword and a long bow that is fit for a giant. Beside him is a man of average height and build with golden hair that seems out of place for his age.  The winged figure speaks: "I am Amasial, servant of Tyr. This Cocyan, servant of Behamut. Ares has attacked Sif and Verconis and has sworn vengeance upon all of you for the "death" of Phobos. We are here to protect you until the danger passes or you are returned to your world."