Author Topic: War Discussion  (Read 11911 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: War Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 10:20:16 AM »
nods at Jamal's words.. " I'll be straight to the point then.  I think out largest concern is the pirates joining forces with the .. " she thinks for a minute.. " the anti-Lakius aquatic overt deities.  We don't have evidence of this today, but it would be close to disastrous for our cause. The aLoad would present dangers to the fleet that few ships would be capable of handling "

Jamal asks, "What do we know of these usurpers?  Can you list them?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 11:28:26 AM »
I tell him about Olhydra and Daggon which I think we have discussed a bit in the last meeting.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:30:10 AM by Windblade »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 01:36:55 PM »
I tell him about Olhydra and Daggon which I think we have discussed a bit in the last meeting.

You have to tell again in game for the new clerics listening.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 01:51:21 PM »
One of those is Kelver Mountainmagic, cleric of Smofarf.  When he arrives, the old dwarf comes with three assistants, all dwarves and all you later learn, his descendants.  They enter like a storm, talking loudly and quickly in dwarven, but moving slowly.  It is an odd contrast.  They stop only to be formally introduced at the door to the meeting room.

"Master Cleric of Smofarf, Master Craft Mason, Alchemist of Stone, Lord of The Great Mage, Kelver Mountainmagic has arrived." is the announcement of Jamal's secretary.  "He is joined by his niece, nephew, and grandson; Hermona, Hermon, and Leothan; all cleric of Smofarf."

The crew bows their heads and Kelver enters.  The other adjourn to another room where the assistants will be until called.  Kelver has a neatly trimmed black beard with a receding grey and white hairline.  His forehead is wrinkled stone, not far off from a klingon.  His attire is tight at the wrists and feet, but loose everywhere else to provide him comfort with his considerable girth and allow his hands and feet to move easily.  His clothes are black and dark blue in color, made of materials that do not seem comfortable to a human or elf (closer to burlap than silk).  Around his neck he wears an eight gems necklace, representing the school of magic you assume.  Each gem is two inches across.  he carries a metal tool box, which he places on the floor next to his seat.

"Weell met an good eevnin to ye all."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »
Another in attendance is Dominique Froesta, grovetender of Habastly.  When she arrives, it is with one other human, a teenage male.  The two are dressed in finery you would not typically expect of a cleric of Habastly.  A long green dress, modestly covering her neck and shoulders.  She has a staff of simple wood and an ornate crown of wood.  Her hair is well kept and tied into a complex braid.  Her skin is tanned and her hair is brown, darker than the wood of the crown.  She is a thick woman and her dress reveals little shape.  The teenage boy is dressed to match her in color and he bares a resemblance to her.  She does not look like she has seen ever forty years.

"Grovetender and Life Well temple cleric Froesta and her son Leon." is the announcement by the secretary.  They bow and the son takes his leave.

After she sits, "Good evening, I hope you all are well."

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:31 AM »
After the greeting and pleasantries.  I tell them all of our journey to recover the relics and the about the forcers of daggon and olhydra.  I also tell them what I posted earlier in the thread and my plans to guide the religion of lakius away from being hermits and to become more involved in the world that Lakius helped to create.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 09:16:36 AM »
You tell those assembled the story and details that you have on Dagon and Olhydra, then follow up with your plans (Pierre chimes in on occasion, somewhat rudely interrupting) for the faith.

Jamal is less interested in the direction you are taking the faith, but is respectful.  Dominique is more interested in the direction you are taking the faith, but again is respectful.  The cleric of Treetop demurs to Rinand listens.  Kelver is interested in everything.

Kelver asks a variety of questions about the Floating Isle as soon as you finish.  They are all questions that you have figured out and answer without issue.  They mostly deal with the function of the isle and how it is defended.

Kelver comment, "It'd b'best t'keep it close t'Port.  Witout pow'ful blessins at yer command, it needs our protection."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 09:17:58 AM »
Dominique, after allowing Kelver to speak first, says, "We would also like to offer our condolences on the passing of Deeney.  Kelver had met him, and I am sure thought him to be an able high cleric in his time.  I never had the honor."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 01:24:54 PM »
Jamal asks, "If the isle is attacked, how should we help defend it?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »
Dominique asks, "Have you met yet with the high clerics of Tfop?  Having the isle here for an extended period of time is going to make it appear as if there is an allegiance between Tfop and Lakius."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »
That sounds good.  I already stated what Nathan wanted to discuss so if any of the PCs or NPCs want to put their 2 copper coins in that would be helpful.
Ssaskra defers to Nathan on all matters related to the defense of the sea.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »
Dominique asks, "Have you met yet with the high clerics of Tfop?  Having the isle here for an extended period of time is going to make it appear as if there is an allegiance between Tfop and Lakius."

We are not planning on keeping it here long.  We are trying to name a high cleric and then move the isle.  I do not plan to stay as high cleric for long.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 05:49:21 PM »
We are not planning on keeping it here long.  We are trying to name a high cleric and then move the isle.  I do not plan to stay as high cleric for long.

Kelvar responds, "Should we be talkin now?  If the new high cleric is diffrent.  If he s'more like Deeney."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »
Jamal responds, "Can we not be assured of the Isle's and your faith's help beyond you and Pierre?  Why not stay on as high cleric and direct the faith in the effort here until the war is over?"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »
I will only name a high cleric that I trust and has the same philosophy as Pierre and myself.

Ooc:  We forgot to have the cleric from icefia that we are thinking of name hit cleric here.  I also would have talked to him a bit before this meeting to see if he was interested.  I would have never have started his meeting without doing this.  That is what happens when you have a delay.  We might need to adjust a bit to make sure he is here or at least in the city if he doesn't want to be high cleric so I could have talked to,him and known that.