Author Topic: War Discussion  (Read 11897 times)

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
War Discussion
« on: July 13, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »
Admiral Jamal looks to have a conversation with Nathan and some of the officers about the goals and plan of the new corsair fleet.  At first, his invitation extends to Nathan, Sasskra, Rin, and Claude.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
Re: War Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »
Nathan would also like the clerics of Smofarf, Treetop and Smofarf to attend this meeting.  Nathan basically tells the admiral the following:  That I would like to be involved in helping to end this war and using the Relics of Lakius to help us.  However, if this is done on behalf of Port Talp and the Destroytian Republic then it will look like that our religon is taking sides against K'TH which is not the case.  I and the religion of Lakius would stand against the pirates and K'TH.  The nation of K'TH has many loyal followers of the religion of Lakius and taking a stance like this would stress the religion of Lakius even more then it already has.

Now I do have a plan to help us with these politics but I called you all here because I am not a diplomat nor do I have the skill to navigate these political waters.  Here are my thoughts.  I know we believe the pirates to be tied up with the K'TH but Horarians deny this.  So I say we force their hand.  Admiral Jamal if you can talk to your superiors and have them make a declaration that the Destroytian Republic doesn't not have any issues with K'TH but only the pirates then this will have the effect of taking the K'TH navy out of this war which will be especially helpful for removing ships like the Harrow.  It will also allow me to use the Relics of Lakius in this war to stand against the pirates and not the nation of K'TH.  With the K'TH navy out of the way and the use of the relics it would be easy to break the blockade on the Republic. 

Now if K'Th, which is supposedly run by pacifist clerics of Quan Yin, does not accept this cease fire then we will be able to show that they are not in charge of the nation of K'TH but that the pirates are and we would have to make a plan to deal with this scenario.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 11:31:27 PM »
When you send a request to the temple of Smofarf, called The Great Mage, your response is that the high cleric would be pleased to attend the meeting, but that it will be a month before he can meet.  Pierre tells you that is actually a good thing as the three hundred year old cleric Kelver Mountainmagic is notoriously hard to get a meeting with and rarely leaves the temple.  If you need the meeting to take place sooner, his son, and also a cleric at the temple, can attend.

Dominique Froesta, the city's Grovetender, will attend.

The cleric of Treetop will attend as well.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:19:30 AM »
The cleric of Treetop will attend as well.

Isn't this the Dolphin guard?

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »

Isn't this the Dolphin guard?

Yes, I just can't find the name in my notes for some reason.  Rin has met the guard a number of times.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 09:07:27 AM »
The message was sent while we were traveling so hopefully most of that month would be us traveling to talp. 

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »
The meeting is set for the 2nd day of the 5th month.  That is 39 days after you capture the isle.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 10:51:49 AM »
So how long do we have to wait for the cleric once we get back to talp with the island

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 10:52:32 AM »
Two weeks.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 11:15:12 PM »
Ok so lets start the meeting two weeks after we get back.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 12:05:55 AM »
Ok so lets start the meeting two weeks after we get back.

Jamal suggests having it at his office.  He can have it temporarily made scrye proof and have other protections.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 12:38:44 PM »
That sounds good.  I already stated what Nathan wanted to discuss so if any of the PCs or NPCs want to put their 2 copper coins in that would be helpful.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »
That sounds good.  I already stated what Nathan wanted to discuss so if any of the PCs or NPCs want to put their 2 copper coins in that would be helpful.

The meeting at Jamal's office, which is on the docks, is held in a meeting room which Nathan, Sas, Claude, and RIn have been in before.  It is not ornate, nor sparse.  It is a typical office for a ship merchant which has been converted for a more military use.  Stone walls, wooden table and chairs, magically lit, no windows.  The table is rectangular and seats twelve.  Jamal is seated at the head, the entrance to the room at his left.  There are three assistants which aid him during the meeting, all male humans; two of which are military.

Pierre arrives with Nathan, and the cleric of Treetop arrives with Rin.  You wait a bit before the cleric of Smofarf and Habastly arrive.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 08:38:42 AM »
Jamal notes, "The room has been proofed against scrying, clairaudience and voyance, purged of invisibility, proofed from magical travel and incorporeal beings and a sound bubble has been placed around the room.  We also have a dog.  These protection do not last all night, so we can't be long winded."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
nods at Jamal's words.. " I'll be straight to the point then.  I think out largest concern is the pirates joining forces with the .. " she thinks for a minute.. " the anti-Lakius aquatic overt deities.  We don't have evidence of this today, but it would be close to disastrous for our cause. The aLoad would present dangers to the fleet that few ships would be capable of handling "