Author Topic: We'll Settle for Talking with Plants  (Read 9721 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
We'll Settle for Talking with Plants
« on: July 31, 2015, 12:59:49 AM »
Starting with xp:

Cloud, for a much needed wind and tongues, 1300

Vega, for taking extensive notes and observations, 1450

Tchau, for not burning down all of the trees that can talk to you, 1500

Shondo, for not dying and hidden Willy, 2000

Oira, for scouting and guidance, 2200

Byron, for a devastating charge, 2200

Marcus, for unleashing the power of a fully operational chronomancy spell, 3000
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: We'll Settle for Talking with Plants
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:00:10 AM »
Details on how you travel through the forest please.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »
When someone asks you if you're and immortal....you say yes!

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 10:24:03 AM »
If anyone got a level, please message me that you did.

For the next two weeks before the session, you need to discuss how you are traveling to the mountains (mode and time).

If you have any more questions for the bark-skinned giants, you can ask.  In addition, you could stop at any of the human settlements along the way.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 05:40:21 PM »
If anyone got a level, please message me that you did.

For the next two weeks before the session, you need to discuss how you are traveling to the mountains (mode and time).

If you have any more questions for the bark-skinned giants, you can ask.  In addition, you could stop at any of the human settlements along the way.

Marcus advises we use the Teleport/ Fly-Walk to cover the most ground.  In the areas of the forest where it is less dense and easier to walk we do so.  Where it is thicker and/or would make progress slower we use the teleport to move forward

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »
We have a clear path to the mountains now, so we should walk and fly until we get out of the forest.  There's no need to waste all your magic.  Besides, if we refrain from using unnecessary magic, we won't attract the attention of the observers of magic.  You remember...it's those blinking lights we saw during the battle with the ocean giant.  We need to stay away from those things.  The boss warned me not to get the attention of the GOLK.  Those two aren't exactly the best of friends. 

I suggest walking to the edge of the forest where we have a clear path to the mountains.  Once we get there, all you smart people can observe a nice spot at the top of the mountain, then we can teleport to the top.  From there we should be able to spot a nice place to land in the dessert, then teleport down.  We may even be able to see the monument of the foreigners from up there. 

If I concentrate hard enough, I'll be able to get a better idea of where we need to go.  I think spending so much time with you fine people has had a positive effect on me.  Like I said, I'm getting smarter all the time, yes I am. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
We have a clear path to the mountains now, so we should walk and fly until we get out of the forest.  There's no need to waste all your magic.  Besides, if we refrain from using unnecessary magic, we won't attract the attention of the observers of magic.  You remember...it's those blinking lights we saw during the battle with the ocean giant.  We need to stay away from those things.  The boss warned me not to get the attention of the GOLK.  Those two aren't exactly the best of friends. 

I suggest walking to the edge of the forest where we have a clear path to the mountains.  Once we get there, all you smart people can observe a nice spot at the top of the mountain, then we can teleport to the top.  From there we should be able to spot a nice place to land in the dessert, then teleport down.  We may even be able to see the monument of the foreigners from up there. 

If I concentrate hard enough, I'll be able to get a better idea of where we need to go.  I think spending so much time with you fine people has had a positive effect on me.  Like I said, I'm getting smarter all the time, yes I am.

"It will take too long to just walk.  The Teleport/walk/fly method is the one that will get us through the forest the quickest.  As long as we don't use magic that lasts in the hours range, we won't be accosted by anything while we travel."

After that Marcus basically collapses onto his carpet

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:16:37 AM »
Shono looks sadly at you all.  " Walking through the Forrest is one of life's great pleasures.. You shouldn't rob yourselves of this experience!!! "

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »
I agree with you Shono but this forest has brain with legs that blast you with forces that drain your force of personality.  I also think the lights only showed up when we cast higher levels spells.  Also the lights might show were we cast the spell but we will be hundreds of miles of away after the cast and they likely will not be able to tell where we teleported too.  I like the plan of walking and teleporting through forest and take about 2 weeks time instead of the month of just walking.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »
"It will take too long to just walk.  The Teleport/walk/fly method is the one that will get us through the forest the quickest.  As long as we don't use magic that lasts in the hours range, we won't be accosted by anything while we travel."

After that Marcus basically collapses onto his carpet
But if we teleport too frequently, we run the risk of getting separated.  We need to remain together to be effective.  I just think we should save our teleports for real times of need, like getting over the mountain.  Of course, it's up to everyone, not just me.  I'm simply stating my concerns.  Whatever everyone decides is what we'll do. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 11:29:34 AM »
Marcus mumbles from his carpet, "Spell....telepathic bond.......won't matter.....................idiots"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »
I will give until Thursday for you guys to finalize a plan.  Right now, it appears the compromise, consensus is walking and teleporting to the mountains, a combination of the two which will end up getting you there in two weeks.

Keep in mind that Cloud and Tchau are the teleporters, so they ultimately have the veto on this debate.

If anyone has questions for the bark skinned giants or the humans you encounter, I will give you until Monday to ask them.

When we pick up next week, I want to be at least to the Mountains.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 11:13:14 PM »
Can anyone cast "phantom steed"?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:01 AM »
Now that is a good idea.  I do have that in my spell book.  We can go on phantom steeds.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 09:26:34 AM »
Now that is a good idea.  I do have that in my spell book.  We can go on phantom steeds.

Marcus groans from atop his carpet.  "Fantastic.  Brilliant even.  Between our combined intellect, we have figured out that spells that have durations that last hours gets the notice of the followers of the God of Lost Knowledge.  What do you decide to do with this knowledge?!?!  'Oh, let us cast a bunch of spells that last several hours and SIT ON THEM.'  I swear, by every god on the council, do none of you think past the next six seconds?"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:08:57 AM by Valdis »