Author Topic: No Ability Score is Safe  (Read 11962 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: No Ability Score is Safe
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »
Forest as far as the eye can see, keeping in mind it is night time and that is not tens of miles even high up.  You don't see any signs of light peaking up from the trees indicating any towns or cities.
I land and relay all this to the group.  "We need to fly past the forest in that direction."  I point beyond the forest with my tiny pterodactyl arms.  "Gather your belongings and follow me.  Anyone who can fly should do so.  We'll need to put everyone else on those flying pieces of cloth that the mephit's were on.  They're fascinating, but there's no time to research them now...we need to find our friends."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 09:52:55 PM »
So what's our plan?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 10:21:15 PM »
As of right now, I believe it is to slow the winds after a little more than an hour when Cloud has prepared new spells to see what is there.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2015, 06:57:07 AM »
I do not like that plan. We should move sooner than 1 hour. Cloud can prepare spells after we relocate.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »
We need to stay.  If we get attacked again before I prepare spells then I will not be able to fight much.  If I had properly prepared for the last fight it would have been over in a few seconds. Just from the aerial view their is no large civilizations nearby so I don't believe we will attract anymore attention then we already have.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »
We need to stay.  If we get attacked again before I prepare spells then I will not be able to fight much.  If I had properly prepared for the last fight it would have been over in a few seconds. Just from the aerial view their is no large civilizations nearby so I don't believe we will attract anymore attention then we already have.

I agree.  I don't know how your previous 'adventures' have gone, dwarf, but I find that it is better to prepare, then rush off into the unknown, rather than the other way around.  The only reason things went the way they did just now is that we were caught unawares.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2015, 10:33:08 PM »
I agree.  I don't know how your previous 'adventures' have gone, dwarf, but I find that it is better to prepare, then rush off into the unknown, rather than the other way around.  The only reason things went the way they did just now is that we were caught unawares.
I was an undercover constable in Port Springs, responsible for bringing down a vile cabal lead by an insane wizard bent on bringing demons back to Habololy. I'll send you my resume when we get back to Habololy.

What you are suggesting is unwise. Criminals that linger at the scene of a crime are the easiest to arrest.

Something will come to investigate those explosions and this clearly unnatural tornado. Best we aren't here when that happens. There is a well worn trail not more than 100 yds away that leads to that fishing spot, which means there are living beings close enough to use it frequently, whether you can see them or not from the sky.

Dangerous to run off into the unknown, even more dangerous to sit and wait when we know something else is coming.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:53:17 PM by Hero »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2015, 03:52:31 PM »
Ralph the lucky preying mantis says Anyone who frequents these works with these creatures is probably the person we are looking for, or someone who can help us!  .. But.. I don't know if I trust Ralph.. I think one of those things hurt him, or her, I can't really tell.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2015, 09:32:16 PM »
I was an undercover constable in Port Springs, responsible for bringing down a vile cabal lead by an insane wizard bent on bringing demons back to Habololy. I'll send you my resume when we get back to Habololy.

What you are suggesting is unwise. Criminals that linger at the scene of a crime are the easiest to arrest.

Something will come to investigate those explosions and this clearly unnatural tornado. Best we aren't here when that happens. There is a well worn trail not more than 100 yds away that leads to that fishing spot, which means there are living beings close enough to use it frequently, whether you can see them or not from the sky.

Dangerous to run off into the unknown, even more dangerous to sit and wait when we know something else is coming.

I hear what you are saying and it is a valid point but I think both options are very risky as is this whole mission so I would rather be prepared for what we face and this might be my only chance to do that in the next day or so.