Author Topic: Into the Vampire Gnome Tinker's Workshop  (Read 10435 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Into the Vampire Gnome Tinker's Workshop
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:15:46 AM »
Trapped below ground, deafened, drained in two ways, and hurt...what do you do?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Into the Vampire Gnome Tinker's Workshop
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 08:47:51 AM »
Assuming you all make it out alive:

Harrick - 2000 xp

Sly - 2250 xp

Fin - 2500 xp

Marston - 2700 xp

Tuco - 2400 xp

Posting xp for both sessions at the end of this thread.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
My first official act is to take that nifty rifle he shot Harrick with.  Consider it severance for four levels lost and 4 points of CON drained. 

I think we should loot and/or destroy everything down here, set the place on fire, then burrow our way out of here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:33:22 AM »
My first official act is to take that nifty rifle he shot Harrick with.  Consider it severance for four levels lost and 4 points of CON drained. 

I think we should loot and/or destroy everything down here, set the place on fire, then burrow our way out of here.

You pick it up and look it over.  It is quickly obvious that it is not a standard design.

You begin to search the room, still not able to hear anyone.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »
To clarify, the ceiling and walls are stone and the floor of the room is dirt.  The fan does have a space behind it, but it is not nearly as large of an opening as the fan is across.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:04:45 PM »
A note that its ring does turn gaseous with it, but nothing else that was on him or in him does.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 03:08:36 PM »
A note that its ring does turn gaseous with it, but nothing else that was on him or in him does.
I thought it took a minute to turn gaseous.  Don't we get a chance to attack before he escapes?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 03:31:15 PM »
I thought it took a minute to turn gaseous.  Don't we get a chance to attack before he escapes?

The spell does take that long, it does not take it that long to change.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
After I finish collecting the rifle and the other pieces of the vampire (arm, earring, etc.), I look around for openings to other parts of his lair.  I'd like to find the part of the workshop where he stores his additional arms.  While scrying, Finn described a wall with dozens of artificial limbs hanging from it.  I want to collect and/or destroy all of them so he can't use them against us. 

Since it seems we'll probably need to wait an hour for Finn to pray for another mass burrow, I take 20 on my search for hidden items/openings.  If I have to, I'll take 20 three times while we wait for the spell.  Once for items, another for openings/hidden passages/escape routes, etc., and a third for possible locations on coffins he may have around here.  I realize he's a Tinker and I'm quite familiar with technology, so I don't just look for traditional coffins.  I look for anything that may act as refuge for a vampire.  Reinforced holes in the wall, constructs, vehicles, giant walking undead transforming houses, etc. 

Also, let me know if at any time my Nemesis senses go off (60 ft. range).

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »
After I finish collecting the rifle and the other pieces of the vampire (arm, earring, etc.), I look around for openings to other parts of his lair.  I'd like to find the part of the workshop where he stores his additional arms.  While scrying, Finn described a wall with dozens of artificial limbs hanging from it.  I want to collect and/or destroy all of them so he can't use them against us. 

There are three other complete arms, and a large number of in construction.  Do you destroy or collect?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »
Since it seems we'll probably need to wait an hour for Finn to pray for another mass burrow, I take 20 on my search for hidden items/openings.  If I have to, I'll take 20 three times while we wait for the spell.  Once for items, another for openings/hidden passages/escape routes, etc., and a third for possible locations on coffins he may have around here.  I realize he's a Tinker and I'm quite familiar with technology, so I don't just look for traditional coffins.  I look for anything that may act as refuge for a vampire.  Reinforced holes in the wall, constructs, vehicles, giant walking undead transforming houses, etc. 

You find that two of the chests on the floor are empty and strike you as coffins.

There are many hidden compartments and lots of locked cabinets and chests.

The only exits you find are the dirt covered ceiling, which you notice is slowly filling the room (not a threat right now, but you can't stay all night.)

Also, it occurs to you that there is not a lot of air down here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »

Also, let me know if at any time my Nemesis senses go off (60 ft. range).

Nothing now.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »
You find that two of the chests on the floor are empty and strike you as coffins.

There are many hidden compartments and lots of locked cabinets and chests.

The only exits you find are the dirt covered ceiling, which you notice is slowly filling the room (not a threat right now, but you can't stay all night.)

Also, it occurs to you that there is not a lot of air down here.
You find that two of the chests on the floor are empty and strike you as coffins. - I dismantle them to the best of my ability by destroying the chest walls, removing whatever screws and bolts there may be, and pouring holy water on the area after I destroy everything.  I also use this time to check behind the fan since that's where he escaped. 

There are many hidden compartments and lots of locked cabinets and chests. - After destroying the coffins, I attempt to disarm traps, pick locks, and loot the contents of these cabinets and chests.  Open Lock (10), Sleight of Hand (21), Tinkering (16).

The only exits you find are the dirt covered ceiling, which you notice is slowly filling the room (not a threat right now, but you can't stay all night.) - I'm hoping we have at least a few hours to do our thing.  I ask Finn what he thinks since he's our green thumb.  "Finn, how much time do we have before the ceiling caves in?"

Also, it occurs to you that there is not a lot of air down here. - I take shallow, controlled breathes to conserve air.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 01:07:54 PM »
You find that two of the chests on the floor are empty and strike you as coffins. - I dismantle them to the best of my ability by destroying the chest walls, removing whatever screws and bolts there may be, and pouring holy water on the area after I destroy everything.  I also use this time to check behind the fan since that's where he escaped. 

There are many hidden compartments and lots of locked cabinets and chests. - After destroying the coffins, I attempt to disarm traps, pick locks, and loot the contents of these cabinets and chests.  Open Lock (10), Sleight of Hand (21), Tinkering (16).

The only exits you find are the dirt covered ceiling, which you notice is slowly filling the room (not a threat right now, but you can't stay all night.) - I'm hoping we have at least a few hours to do our thing.  I ask Finn what he thinks since he's our green thumb.  "Finn, how much time do we have before the ceiling caves in?"

Also, it occurs to you that there is not a lot of air down here. - I take shallow, controlled breathes to conserve air.

You begin your tasks, of dismantling and searching.  The sunrods will have enough light to keep everything well lit for any amount of time you are down here.

The others will have to work on the issue of enough air to make sure you can get everything you want done.

An intial quick look and there are no obvious traps, although the locks are solidly built.

Note that as soon as it left, the temperature regulated so you are no longer taking cold damage.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 03:42:18 PM »
Habastly's burrow blessing is still active for a bit longer (total duration of 7 min).

How far below the surface are we? I think I have way to deal with the lack of air.

I can also collapse the room on itself after we are done searching it.

Looking at the opening in the ceiling, can I make an estimate of how long I think we have before before it collapses catastrophically? Know(nature) is +17.