Author Topic: Confused Orcs and Angry Giants  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Confused Orcs and Angry Giants
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:25:18 AM »
Back at the castle safe again and with a time to discuss new and old friends and plans going forward.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Confused Orcs and Angry Giants
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:26:06 AM »
One thing of note, the giant air elemental, after starting to do damage to the fey, gets dispelled.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36:57 AM »
XP has been sent via private message, please reply with your current levels through message.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »
I don't like that.  I summon another one that can't be dispelled or dismissed.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:28:52 AM »
Tali, watching, as he has come to question the new powerful possible allied spellcaster, it impressed by that.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
Vor'Ruk has Rom'Pei cast a animal messager.

"It was unwise of the Fey to make an enemy of the empire.  I was just here as an emissary of the empire, and was cursed by the Fey.  That tells me they plan on ruling and using that rule to pressure the empire.  Turning to Haas.. I'm here to help, I only have the 9 fists of Octavious point at his Orcs."  For the first time you notice that all the Orcs have a white crudly painted first somewhere emblazoned on their armor.

He turns, "Lynkeed was ruthlessly attacked, much as the giants did today.  Throwing bolders from their coward cloud.  They focused on the orphanage destroying it completely.  There was damage through out the city.  They did have some honor, they warned the city 2 hours before they started. Offering to spare the city if they would throw out the clerics of the Template. The city refused, but evacuated saving thousands.  After they finished several of the giants roamed the city looking for clerics to kill.   I had a hardened 1000 with me at the time, I regret not engaging but seeing the magic the giants posses it probably saved 100s."

He turns, helping Rom'pei tend to Sunder Six's wounds.

"The empire is friendly with more local giants, this act has stirred them, for this reason, and for the safety of the entire empire I was sent into the forrest to see if i could learn their intentions"

He thinks again..

"We where lead to believe by a injured Halfling that the estate was being besieged by Gnolls, yet I see them helping you.  The Fey are without honor! " Turing to his fists.. "Act carefully.. be wary.  Their magic is as great a threat as any we have faced in recent times, we must trust in our gods, in the temple of Tygorgator, and in the example in Statis and in our training!" 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:08:25 AM »
Ellic responds, "It is good to hear this information, as sad as it is, knowledge is power.  We are glad to have you here Har Lowta.  I am Ellic, commander of the forces here.  This is Tali, our commanding wizard.  Excuse me other introductions, the others are minding the defense of the castle."

Looking to everyone, "They will not allow news to spread or re-reinforcements to arrive.  They will attack again tonight or tomorrow.  The arrival of the giants, of of our new allies will only hasten the battle."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:52:01 AM by Asinjin »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 11:18:25 AM »
Man I hope someone posts a recap this sounds crazy.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
xp for anyone who posts a recap.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 10:27:53 AM »
I don't like that.  I summon another one that can't be dispelled or dismissed.

The elemental causes chaos and breaks up the fey for a minute and more.  Sarvonis, whose one of many talents appears to be able to see anything and everything, reports from the wall's top.  "The elemental has knocked aside hundreds of fey.  Not dead I think, but out of the fight for now...It has cleared a large swath of forest....Smofarf's power, it just got hit by a hundred magic missiles!"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 12:11:28 PM »
Recap:

After battling the giants and seeking refuge in our lighting proof stone hamster ball, the group rested and gathered at the castle.  We met with Sarvonis and others to discuss the next move.  At that time, a large group of Orcs was spotted riding into the area from afar.  The group decided to meet them to parlay for information and assistance.  The Orcs, under the effects of Fey magic, took our actions to be hostile and charged us.  Haas stopped the charge with a wall of stone but the Orcs soon melted it to mud.  They perceived us to be a group of hostiles.  The two groups stood befuddled before each other for some time before several representatives from each broke through the illusion and started to talk.  At that time, it was revealed that there was ten Orcs led by a mighty mounted warrior named Vor'ruk.  It was at this point that the group of giants attacked from above hidden in clouds.  They threatened to end Haas and avenge their banishment.  We were pulverized by boulders and harpoon sized arrows and trapped in a massive wind storm that pinned us to the ground.  Each group buffed their warriors then entered the melee.  Vor'ruk, with his mount enchanted with flight, took to the clouds to assault the giants.  The rest tried to fight or retreated to the woods to get out of the wind storm.  The fight was going poorly for Haas and company when a mysterious human accompanied by a hound archon flew up to talk to the giant leader.  Nobody saw this as they were invisible, but it distracted the giants long enough for Vor'ruk to make a devastating charge and slay a giant with one blow.  This enraged the giants and they proceeded to unleash hell upon us.  It also became apparent at that time that the Storm Giant leader was capable of resurrecting his fallen allies.  He raised the dead giant before our eyes.  It was also apparent at that time that the giant slain by Valizar the day before was resurrected and part of this fight. 

While the mysterious human, later to be identified as Malek, was talking to the giants, he quickly realized that they weren't in a negotiating mood.  He sent his companion to warn our group of an encroaching army of Fey that was surrounding the entire forest and working their way to our position.  Grant was the first to encounter a large group of Fey and he met them with the unflinching resolve of Tyrogatore.  They died almost instantly in a blaze of fiery martial glory.  The few Fey outside of Grant's attack radius cowered at the sight and that bought the group time to retreat.  On the way out, Vor'ruk swooped down on his mount and grabbed Grant.  The two quickly became acquainted and plotted a final assault on the giants.  Vor'ruk charged the leader, skewering him to death with one glorious spear thrust.  The giant died, instantly resurrected, then took a massive amount of damage from a devastating flying kick.  The two descended from the clouds and regrouped at the castle.  The rest of the group also retreated and made their way back to the castle.  We relayed what happened back to the defenders of the castle and are now regrouping.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 12:52:17 PM »
Well done, 50xp.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
Truly that was a good day To "Make it Rain Blood"

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
Grant walks the battlements with the others wiping storm giant off his boots

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »
The Battlements are quiet, as the halflings watch and try to rest.  There is a constant din of activity from the Kobalds.  The snort of the hydras is regularly,y heard as well.  Commands in languages most don't understand can be barely heard.

You see and hear nothing of the Fey, although Sarvonis tells you they are in swarms around the castle.  Ellic talks to everyone and plans, while Sarvonis watches and Tali monitors his spells.  Ellic asks of each of you, "What do you have left without resting?"