Author Topic: Following the Biggest Gnoll Could Be Toxic  (Read 10136 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Following the Biggest Gnoll Could Be Toxic
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 06:02:15 PM »
"Us brothers. We vanguard for war pack of two thousand outside walls. Pack leader Vatpik.  Sent by Great Warlord Akrak. Here to avenge Father, murdered by Voice. And help brave halflings fight Scalehome. Any brave halflings left?"

He looks distant for a moment, then, "This is wonderful news.  Let me tell you what has happened quickly.  The estate came under the attack of siege weapons which were unexpected.  Giant Scowlbears, and army of killoreen, flights of fey, and fire breathing hydra then attacked.  The defenders are mostly at the castle and the mansion."  He pauses.  "I have little idea what you can do, but Ellic has put me in command of the breach.  Do you think you can help hold here, or would you be better trying to kill the hydra or Scowlbears?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 12:23:22 AM »
"The gnolls that appeared outside the wall were an illusion. The pack has not yet arrived. It will not be long before the fey figure that out." Says a clearly weakened Drax.

To Sarvonis: "Gnolls are hunters of great beasts. It is in our blood. We are more effective against large single prey then against a swarm of smaller creatures. Tell me where the scowlbears and hydra are."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 12:57:40 AM »
Tarkin goes and picks up all his arrows... smelling the blood of the fallen fay.

"I'm better at killing fey.. period"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 08:44:26 AM »
Tarkin goes and picks up all his arrows... smelling the blood of the fallen fay.

"I'm better at killing fey.. period"

There aren't any of your arrows inside the wall.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 12:01:40 AM »
There aren't any of your arrows inside the wall.

I lay a line of expletives fit for a king.. I check to see if the fey are still within sight.  If the are I collect wood pieces from the wall and start assembling new arrows. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 09:21:08 AM »
If anyone didn't get a private message with xp, let me know, everyone should have.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »

I lay a line of expletives fit for a king.. I check to see if the fey are still within sight.  If the are I collect wood pieces from the wall and start assembling new arrows.

The killoreen are in the forest, visible but in cover.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »
Drax gazes upwards, "What threat do the flying fey pose? There are many, but they are very small. Pixies?"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:03:28 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
Stand out here in open no good. Take brothers to halfling leaders or find way to get sneaky brothers back to pack.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 10:29:38 PM »
The occasional volley of arrows reigns down to keep you relatively pinned, but poses no immediate threat from the killoreen.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
Drax gazes upwards, "What threat do the flying fey pose? There are many, but they are very small. Pixies?"

Sarvonis answers: "They are an annoyance and a threat.  They put messengers to sleep, dispel enchantments, report movements and positions, and confuse anyone else."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »
Stand out here in open no good. Take brothers to halfling leaders or find way to get sneaky brothers back to pack.

Sarvonis says, "The eagles can carry the smallest of you out.  Getting to Ellic in the castle would be challenging.  We have to cover a field of arrows and several packs of fey.  I can communicate with Ellic, so there may not be need for that."

He is speaking in common, so some of you are getting a translation.  Realizing this after a but, he asks, "Is there another language I can communicate to all of you in?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »
The occasional volley of arrows reigns down to keep you relatively pinned, but poses no immediate threat from the killoreen.
Less talk.  More killing.  Brother Tarkin, take their arrows and fire them back at them.  While they're distracted, the rest of the pack can make their way to the Halfling leaders.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 10:42:06 PM »
The arrows do not fit the gnoll bow well enough to get you full strength in the shot, but they will work.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 09:11:44 AM »
The arrows do not fit the gnoll bow well enough to get you full strength in the shot, but they will work.

"I brought 150 arrows total, I don't need this fake gnoll crap, I can also craft arrows"  He begins to snap off arrow heads and unwind fetching "however, i didn't bring supplies" 

Tarkin scavenges supplies most of the time when there isn't any killing going on. He covers his head with a piece of wall and ignores the volleys while he scavenges.  Being as fathers armor seems to protect him.