Author Topic: No Good Deed goes Unpunished  (Read 8772 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
No Good Deed goes Unpunished
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
Continue right where you are. We have lots of time.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: No Good Deed goes Unpunished
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »
How's the Sgt?

Did you remember to make his self-stabilization checks? Maybe he can save himself since we are all so inept.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »
How's the Sgt?

Did you remember to make his self-stabilization checks? Maybe he can save himself since we are all so inept.
He's dead. (I gave Quorl the spot check when he failed the first two stabilize checks.)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
"We have to go now before this gets even worse.  I can carry the Sergeant and the prisoner after we bind him."  I am still large so I should be able to.  "We aren't far from headquarters."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »
Always when I'm not there....

At least DM Whitesword wouldn't be so brazen to kill me when i'm not there *cough*

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
"We have to go now before this gets even worse.  I can carry the Sergeant and the prisoner after we bind him."  I am still large so I should be able to.  "We aren't far from headquarters."
"Robert, I will gather the assassins' possessions as evidence and help cover our retreat back to headquarters.  Master Quorll, may I continue to use your scimitar until we get back in case we're assaulted again?"   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »
"Someone quickly search the dead, we don't want to leave anything obvious, but I don't think we can take them all right now."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 02:46:10 PM »
A description of who does what, what methods they use and for how long would be helpful here.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Before Robert lifts the bodies for exit, he will search the ones that are not being taken.

"Brevis, can you detect magic?"

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »
A description of who does what, what methods they use and for how long would be helpful here.
I'm so used to being on the other side of the law that I forget we're the good guys and have every right to be here.  Since we're so close to headquarters, I say we send someone to bring backup and take all the time we need to search thoroughly.  By that I mean taking 20 on searching the bodies, each room, both the interior and exterior of the house, and the two adjacent houses. 

Why risk getting ambushed while trying to bring the bodies back by ourselves?  Let's have the full support of our fellow constables in this investigation.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
"I disagree, that one that left knows we are here and could easily know that we are in bad shape.  Their reinforcements are closer and their messenger is already on his way.  All it would take is one more of those elementals, and we are crushed.  I don't even want to search the house in case of traps."

pause

"And perhaps if we get back quickly enough, they can revive the sergeant."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »
"I disagree, that one that left knows we are here and could easily know that we are in bad shape.  Their reinforcements are closer and their messenger is already on his way.  All it would take is one more of those elementals, and we are crushed.  I don't even want to search the house in case of traps."

pause

"And perhaps if we get back quickly enough, they can revive the sergeant."
I doubt they'd be foolish enough to return here knowing that a squadron of constables lies in wait.  One man can't truly know what shape we're in, especially after witnessing how effectively his associates were dispatched.  The sergeant stands a better shot at getting revived if we have a cleric sent here.  We took them by surprise and that gives us the advantage.  If we leave now, we risk losing any evidence that may be here and that would dishonor what the sergeant stood for.  I don't want his death to be in vain. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »
"We didn't take them by surprise, they were lying in wait for us.  The focus right now is making sure no one else dies, we have to go as soon as possible.  Having a cleric sent here will surely take longer than us going to the cleric.  The sergeant stood for sense and justice, neither of which are accomplished if we die here."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
I cast detect magic and scan the room and the bodies.

"That elemental was not here of its own accord. There is a spellcaster lurking somewhere in the area that we have not yet seen. We should move quickly."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 10:09:17 PM »
I cast detect magic and scan the room and the bodies.

"That elemental was not here of its own accord. There is a spellcaster lurking somewhere in the area that we have not yet seen. We should move quickly."
Each of the dead men have a magic ring, one has a magic short sword, the other two magic daggers. Both have a potion and you see three empty potion bottles on the floor.

The man you captured has a magic sword, ring and boots.