Author Topic: The Story of the Eight Gnoll Litter  (Read 20886 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: The Story of the Eight Gnoll Litter
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »
As you travel, the large pack is assigned with collecting information.  In front, you are to not give away the position in advance.  In turn, the pack gives reports to you.  The trip takes you two weeks.  You make excellent time, in your estimation.  You avoid every danger and Kerx gives you praise after ten days.  “You honor your father by your skill.”  In that time, you scare several halflings into silence and hiding.  You kill several small beasts that may have hurt the passing pack.  You avoid a swollen marsh that would have slowed the pack.  On the 12th day, you receive word that the pack is stopping.  The religious leaders have demanded a day of worship and sacrifice.  Kerx informs you of that in person.  He is not happy with the situation, but he says, “The majority of the pack leaders are in favor of the worship, and Zevik agrees.”
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2014, 03:59:39 PM »
Tox says: "Tell clerics, pack stop when pack on good ground to fight. Clerics make pack stop on bad ground and pack gets attacked, clerics get trip to Dedestroyt's home."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »
Kerx replies, "Most of them are clerics of Dedestroyt, so I don't think that is a threat."  That said, he does return and there is general agreement that is a good idea.  You scout around and make sure the area is good before stopping.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »
The day after the worship, the weather begins to change.  Rain falls and there is a strong wind blowing.  Not rare for this time of year or this area, but unfortunate timing.  While you are not slowed much at all, the large pack is bogged down.  You are forced to spend more time waiting for them to catch up and you are told the mood of the large pack sours.  You lose two days and the weather continues to slow your pace.  The messengers report that pack discipline is faltering and there is some infighting.  Kerx reports through a messenger, “I am needed here and cannot come speak with you.  I sense a foul scent flowing through the pack causing dissent, but the clerics have found nothing.  Do not think about coming to check on us, I do not want you tainted.”

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
Are brothers there yet?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »
Where?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »
Where?

Halflingtown!!  (Who ask such dumb question? Need good smack)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »
You are not there yet...we are going to pick up after you begin moving again after the prayer stoppage.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2014, 07:07:41 PM »
The day after the worship, the weather begins to change.  Rain falls and there is a strong wind blowing.  Not rare for this time of year or this area, but unfortunate timing.  While you are not slowed much at all, the large pack is bogged down.  You are forced to spend more time waiting for them to catch up and you are told the mood of the large pack sours.  You lose two days and the weather continues to slow your pace.  The messengers report that pack discipline is faltering and there is some infighting.  Kerx reports through a messenger, “I am needed here and cannot come speak with you.  I sense a foul scent flowing through the pack causing dissent, but the clerics have found nothing.  Do not think about coming to check on us, I do not want you tainted.”
I continue to pace my way toward our destination, but I take the time to hunt some wild game on the way.  I'm trying to determine if the wildlife has been tainted or if it's just the pack of Gnolls.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2014, 08:40:20 PM »
The wildlife appears to be acting normally.