Author Topic: Future Seasons  (Read 30523 times)

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Future Seasons
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »
So that's one vote for Fey, one for Rogues, one for Seas, and one don't care....

Valdis, Terrorshard, Master Po, Zunder?

Straight from South Africa, Zunder votes for the Seas.  This is more complex than I imagined, so we will do one of our voting matrixes to determine what we will do as the third part of next year to join the Plateau and the 5th edition Making History.  Look for an email.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »
Straight from South Africa, Zunder votes for the Seas.  This is more complex than I imagined, so we will do one of our voting matrixes to determine what we will do as the third part of next year to join the Plateau and the 5th edition Making History.  Look for an email.

Just to have a post from the third world.. Seas!!!  :P

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2015, 06:59:11 PM »
In the fastest vote we have ever had, the voting is complete.  When Malchia voted last, there was the chance that we could have had a 4 way tie.  But he did not pick that order.

To start off, of the 8 votes cast, there were 7 different orders (only Zunder and Windblade had the same).

Every campaign got at least 1 1st place and 1 4th place vote.

There was no clear winner, but there is a winner, and it is the Fey War.  So we will be doing that, the only question that I have to decide is when.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2015, 10:53:42 PM »
Since it was so close, why not do all four campaigns?  We could do two or three sessions of each unless you think that would be too much work for you to organize.  Normally, I don't like splitting up seasons, but this feels different due to the overwhelming diversity in the voting.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2015, 11:41:48 AM »
The problem with doing more campaigns is my ability to prepare for that many.  Right now, I have to prepare for 5th edition, plateau, and the Fey War.  Preparing for more than that is beyond what I can do well.

That said, we could split it up more but the options would be limited.  The gnolls I have ready for more and we could do as well.  Both the seas and the rogues require a lot of prep and I could not do that as well as the Fey War.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2015, 11:48:01 AM »
The problem with doing more campaigns is my ability to prepare for that many.  Right now, I have to prepare for 5th edition, plateau, and the Fey War.  Preparing for more than that is beyond what I can do well.

That said, we could split it up more but the options would be limited.  The gnolls I have ready for more and we could do as well.  Both the seas and the rogues require a lot of prep and I could not do that as well as the Fey War.
I figured as much.  It would definitely be a lot of work.  I can't speak for the group, but I'm perfectly fine with sticking to the Fey War.  There's obviously enough interest in that campaign since it won the most recent poll (albeit narrowly).   

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2015, 05:41:33 PM »
In the fastest vote we have ever had, the voting is complete.  When Malchia voted last, there was the chance that we could have had a 4 way tie.  But he did not pick that order.

To start off, of the 8 votes cast, there were 7 different orders (only Zunder and Windblade had the same).

Every campaign got at least 1 1st place and 1 4th place vote.

There was no clear winner, but there is a winner, and it is the Fey War.  So we will be doing that, the only question that I have to decide is when.

Thank you for your quick responses.

I thought we were voting on next January?

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2015, 05:50:24 PM »
I thought we were voting on next January?

No, the vote was for what the third thing we were doing next year along with 5th edition and Plateau.  It had nothing to do with the order or timing.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2015, 06:08:23 PM »
No, the vote was for what the third thing we were doing next year along with 5th edition and Plateau.  It had nothing to do with the order or timing.

That's a bummer. I'd rank Fey, Seas and Gnolls all above 5th Ed and Gnolls and Sea at least even with the Plateau.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2015, 06:20:28 PM »
That's a bummer. I'd rank Fey, Seas and Gnolls all above 5th Ed and Gnolls and Sea at least even with the Plateau.

If there is a desire out there to not do plateau and 5th, I will certainly listen.  Based on conversations and feedback, I just don't think that is the case.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
I am enjoying the Plateau and looking forward to my first chance to play test 5th edition.  Although I would peronsally enjoy doing the Seas before the Plateau but the Plateau before the other campaigns.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:05:47 PM by Windblade »

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 05:11:58 PM »
A look ahead at the coming seasons, with the assumption that Hero is out for a year.

Fall 2015 - Rogues / Seas
Winter 2016 - 5th edition trial part 2 / Plateau
Summer 2016 - Seas / Rogues
Fall 2016 - Icefia

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2015, 11:02:02 AM »
A look ahead at the coming seasons

Winter 2016 - 5th edition trial part 2 / Plateau OR Seas
Summer 2016 - Monday nights
Fall 2016 - Rogues
Winter 2017 - 5th edition trial part 3 / Plateau OR Seas

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
Out of curiosity, what's the purpose behind a third trial of 5th edition?  Don't get me wrong; I enjoy our play tests and think 5th edition has its merits, but by 2017 we'll have been "testing" it for 3 years.  They may even have 6th edition by that point.

Online Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
You are correct, I shouldn't call it trial.  Let us say that under the assumption that we enjoy it enough to continue using the system for at least part of the time, that is the allotted slot for us to play it.