Author Topic: Success in Red Point  (Read 12127 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Success in Red Point
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
Adding the ability to cast greater alarm 1/day to the farspeaking amulet would cost 3900 gc. A standalone item would cost 2700 gc. We cannot currently afford either of those options with the house funds. Unless, Esme, you plan on paying for all or part of it out of your own pocket?

I could provide single use magical alarm traps for 50 gc base+100 gc per location. These would only work once, and would only provide a local, audible alarm. Using half of our available funds, we could install a standard alarm trap in 4 locations and a summoning glyphs of warding in the room with the lockbox and the chimney.

A single, permanent alarm trap would cost 1000 gc.

Esme asks, "By Permanent, do you means: can be used multiple times forever?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:27 AM »
Esme asks, "By Permanent, do you means: can be used multiple times forever?"
Yes. It would protect one portal.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:11:54 AM by Hero »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »

Also, i would like someone with a Detect magic to meet me by the grave, to see if any magic was buried with the Tyrdin's allies.  I saw some amazing magic on them"

I am on my way.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 08:44:41 AM »
I am on my way.

Esme chimes in, "Hold on, if Istvan is tracking them into the city, how can you go meet him now.  Wait until he gets back."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
Esme chimes in, "Hold on, if Istvan is tracking them into the city, how can you go meet him now.  Wait until he gets back."

I can give directions to the grave.  It might make more sense to send Ganshuk.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 12:50:47 PM »

I can give directions to the grave.  It might make more sense to send Ganshuk.
I don't understand why it would make more sense to send Ganshuk instead of the self proclaimed expert in magic items and their recovery. Explain.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
Here is a listing of the things you found in the utility room at the safe hosue:

2 x Thieves Tool Kit
1 x Masterwork Thieves Tool Kit
2 x Wax Key
1 x skeleton Key
50 x foot of Silk Rope
1 x Air Bladder
4 x Candlerod
4 x Bedroll
2 x Tanglefoot bag
2 x Grappling Hook
2 x Collapsible Pole
1 x Carpenter Kit
1 x Mason Kit

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »
I don't understand why it would make more sense to send Ganshuk instead of the self proclaimed expert in magic items and their recovery. Explain.
Maybe because he'll have to dig up a bunch of corpses?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »
Maybe because he'll have to dig up a bunch of corpses?
That's what summoned earth elementals are for.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »

Esme says, "You should both go, but keep a low profile.  No reckless wand waving, flashy lights, or sparks emitting from your cane.  You should be incognito to scout out the area.  Disguise spells, simple clothing, or whatever you can muster to stay out of sight.  Forza can go too if need be.  Natsu can check for magic items and wards while Ganshuk destroys any evidence that may tie you back to the grave site or the safe house.  Take the bag of holding, prepare a 'deep throat' spell, and make sure Ganshuk has acids with him in case he needs to use them to break up materials or body parts.  If anything seems out of place, retreat to separate locations, not the house."     

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »
Wow. Good thing you are so honest. I didn't think we were even close to that. I'd better send some home to ma and pa.
If you are looking to spend some of your new found wealth, there are a wide variety of items I could craft for you that you would find useful. I offer significant discounts compared to typical market value.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »
Esme says, "You should both go, but keep a low profile.  No reckless wand waving, flashy lights, or sparks emitting from your cane.  You should be incognito to scout out the area.  Disguise spells, simple clothing, or whatever you can muster to stay out of sight.  Forza can go too if need be.  Natsu can check for magic items and wards while Ganshuk destroys any evidence that may tie you back to the grave site or the safe house.  Take the bag of holding, prepare a 'deep throat' spell, and make sure Ganshuk has acids with him in case he needs to use them to break up materials or body parts.  If anything seems out of place, retreat to separate locations, not the house."     
Forza, Ganshuk and myself are probably the 3 people in this group least capable of keeping a low profile.

Is the gravesite within city limits? What is surrounding environment? How shallow are the graves?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 10:10:34 PM »
Vincent would like to go and check out the gravesite.  Being the second most knowledge about magic in the group might be helpful.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 10:12:37 PM »
Vincent says:  I think it is a good idea to protect the safe house and its items but right now if you use the money to make the protection then we won't have anything left to protect.  It might make sense to earn a bit more before we protect it with magical means.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 10:27:23 PM »
Istvan comments "Ok, i'm not sure there are any items at the grave site.  I'm sure the glowing orc and the liberator took anything really nice.  I figured to send Ganshuk to the grave site because your more useful in a fight.  I was more up for destroying the last members of the Red Point guild.  "