Author Topic: Success in Red Point  (Read 12107 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Success in Red Point
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
Twins: Come see me evening of Day 5, your items will be ready.
Vincent: Day 7, same.
Remy: Day 10, same.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
It will be the 15th day of the 10th month when you meet again, unless something unforeseen happens that forces you earlier.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
Natsu asks during one of the communications: are there any general use items we need crafted funded by house money? Such as additional sound absorption sponges, an divining stone to detect secret doors, or a detect magic lens, or a knock item?

I could also place some wards on the safehouse.
Looking for direction from Esme if nobody else weighs in.

Fun fact, I can create magic traps with Craft wondrous Item.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »
Esme says, "I have some mechanical ones being worked on, but if you would add some wards that would be good."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »
Esme says, "I have some mechanical ones being worked on, but if you would add some wards that would be good."
What do you want and where?

The lock box has arcane lock on it. That's it thus far.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 12:09:43 AM »
Esme responds, "Can you can place 'greater alarms' inside the building, right near each window, door, chimney, and chest?  That would be helpful.  Audible alarms or mental?"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
She says, "Also, anything you can do to make the building less magically view able."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:12 PM »
She says, "Also, anything you can do to make the building less magically view able."
Magic to prevent an area from being scryed is very powerful. I think that the most practical and cost effective way of accomplishing this would be the same method we used on thr lockbox - we can line a meeting room with lead sheeting. That will prevent divinations from penetrating the area.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 11:20:08 PM »
Esme responds, "Can you can place 'greater alarms' inside the building, right near each window, door, chimney, and chest?  That would be helpful.  Audible alarms or mental?"
How many windows and doors? I could set a "glyph of warding" at each to trigger an "alarm" spell when activated. A creature opening or passing through one of those points of entry will trip the glyph and activate the alarm. Alarm will be audible since the mental alert version will only inform me of the intrusion. Standard alarm spell will suffice, I think; this application obviates the benefit of the greater version in that creatures on coterminous planes do not need to travel through traditional points of entry so they will not activate the glyphs. This would cost about 250 gc for each location.

I could also simply create an item that allows the wearer to activate a greater alarm spell in the house 1/day. It would cover a 20 ft radius area and last for 24 hours. In this case the greater alarm version would be beneficial since it's not tied to a portal. Cost would be somewhere around 4000 gc. This could take the form of headband or hat to allow the wearer to cast the spell, though I might also be able to add it to the farspeaking amulet for a little bit more money.

If this is coming out of the house funds, we do not have enough money to cover the 2nd option. Though depending on the intended user we might be able to drive the cost down with some built in user restrictions.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:22:28 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »
How many windows and doors? I could set a "glyph of warding" at each to trigger an "alarm" spell when activated. A creature opening or passing through one of those points of entry will trip the glyph and activate the alarm. Alarm will be audible since the mental alert version will only inform me of the intrusion. Standard alarm spell will suffice, I think; this application obviates the benefit of the greater version in that creatures on coterminous planes do not need to travel through traditional points of entry so they will not activate the glyphs. This would cost about 250 gc for each location.

I could also simply create an item that allows the wearer to activate a greater alarm spell in the house 1/day. It would cover a 20 ft radius area and last for 24 hours. In this case the greater alarm version would be beneficial since it's not tied to a portal. Cost would be somewhere around 4000 gc. This could take the form of headband or hat to allow the wearer to cast the spell, though I might also be able to add it to the farspeaking amulet for a little bit more money.

If this is coming out of the house funds, we do not have enough money to cover the 2nd option. Though depending on the intended user we might be able to drive the cost down with some built in user restrictions.

Umm about the spending from the house funds part, have we even made that kind of money?  I must have missed it.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »
Umm about the spending from the house funds part, have we even made that kind of money?  I must have missed it.
Excluding recent activities with the Red Point house and the stone from the ship (which hasn't been sold yet), we have each received 2350 gc from the sale of gear from Vit and the ship captain.

House account stands at around 2000 gc presently after expenses. So there is coin to spend on wards for the house if we so choose. Though not much.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
Esme asks, "Can the Greater Alarm be put on the amulet?  There are about 20 doors and windows, can you get them all?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 01:52:04 PM »
Excluding recent activities with the Red Point house and the stone from the ship (which hasn't been sold yet), we have each received 2350 gc from the sale of gear from Vit and the ship captain.

House account stands at around 2000 gc presently after expenses. So there is coin to spend on wards for the house if we so choose. Though not much.
Wow. Good thing you are so honest. I didn't think we were even close to that. I'd better send some home to ma and pa.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Esme asks, "Can the Greater Alarm be put on the amulet?  There are about 20 doors and windows, can you get them all?"
Adding the ability to cast greater alarm 1/day to the farspeaking amulet would cost 3900 gc. A standalone item would cost 2700 gc. We cannot currently afford either of those options with the house funds. Unless, Esme, you plan on paying for all or part of it out of your own pocket?

I could provide single use magical alarm traps for 50 gc base+100 gc per location. These would only work once, and would only provide a local, audible alarm. Using half of our available funds, we could install a standard alarm trap in 4 locations and a summoning glyphs of warding in the room with the lockbox and the chimney.

A single, permanent alarm trap would cost 1000 gc.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:57 PM »
During the daily check with the communicator.

Istvan says.. "I have tracked the Red point gang that was delivering the Tyradin. The met, and began to parley with the foreign group.  At that point two.. things warped in. A piece of the sun riding a glowing horse, and Raygen riding a Manticore of water. Through my goggles, Raygen's companion seemed to be a glowing Orc.  When the two challenged the mass of slavers part of the Red point gang immediately broke and ran. The battle.. um.. it wasn't really a battle.  The two that appeared quickly routed those that dared fight them and slayed or capture them all.  Including capturing the Tyradin.  They buried those that the killed. And headed north.  I am currently following the group of the Red Point gang that broke, obviously not their elite.  I am thinking we should intercept them tonight when they sleep, effectively eliminating a guild above us.  Also, i would like someone with a Detect magic to meet me by the grave, to see if any magic was buried with the Tyrdin's allies.  I saw some amazing magic on them"