Author Topic: The First Audience  (Read 17934 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: The First Audience
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »
"Nilas'Anor and his lackeys may be doing just that.  While the battles here and the Guardian Vale may have been an effort of our foes to rid themselves of those who could defeat them, I believe they were also a feint.  As you all should know by now, Lady Allanda was captured by Uscis.  Uscis and a great flying lizard breached the Bardic College, did significant damage and was able to somehow imprison her.  The efforts of my companions and I, as well as professor Wonderword, were too little too late.  We managed to slay the wyrm, but Uscis was able to escape with his prisoner. 

If their true goal is to undo the 'Ban', then taking Lady Allanda, who, if she did not have a direct hand in its creation, would know more about the 'Ban' and how to undo it, than anyone else living, puts their plans closer to becoming reality."
Amaras looks very concerned by this news.  "I know little of how the Ban was enacted but I do not believe she helped in its making. However, if there was a way to undo it, or find another loophole, or alter it, then she would seem the ideal figure to interrogate.  I will alert the council immediately, even before we depart in the morning."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
"You say the Marius is summoning devils in great number.  How is he doing that?  Short of a permanent gate, there is a limit to what he can personally summon and to how long they will remain."
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 10:20:41 PM »
Slightly off topic OOC question: did we learn what became of Marius' prisoners? I seem to recall the Guardian's planning a rescue mission to the plane of shadow, but I have no recollection of how that turned out.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »
"You say the Marius is summoning devils in great number.  How is he doing that?  Short of a permanent gate, there is a limit to what he can personally summon and to how long they will remain."
"That is a question to which to we do not have an answer and your statement is generally correct. However, Marius is ancient and there are spells that are best lost to mortal knowledge which would allow him to bring fiends here permanently.  These spells too have a cost but less than a Gate."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
Slightly off topic OOC question: did we learn what became of Marius' prisoners? I seem to recall the Guardian's planning a rescue mission to the plane of shadow, but I have no recollection of how that turned out.
OOC Ari went to the Vale and saw them. That is when you learned about the force approaching the Vale.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 10:42:03 PM »
If there are no more comments the audience adjourns.  Consider what if any activities you undertake in the days that follow. Rubius is going to the Vale, but feel free to discuss.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
If there are no more comments the audience adjourns.  Consider what if any activities you undertake in the days that follow. Rubius is going to the Vale, but feel free to discuss.
Rubius will assist with burial services for the dead, tend to the wounded, then say his goodbye's to all his friends and, of course, the counsil.  If the king allows it, I'll prepare one last feast for everyone before I depart for The Vale. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
Asinjin awaits audiences with those that still have to speak with him, if they do not approach within two days, I seek them out.  In the interim time, he rests and researches theories on how the ban was enacted.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
Rubius will assist with burial services for the dead, tend to the wounded, then say his goodbye's to all his friends and, of course, the counsil.  If the king allows it, I'll prepare one last feast for everyone before I depart for The Vale.
I forgot: after the audience everyone goes downstairs for a meal. It is not as formal as would normally be expected because of the circumstances and the location. Others who were not at the audience join you including the spouses of those who were in attendance. Feel free to speak with anyone.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »
Are either of the individuals I am looking to speak with in attendance?

Are the halfling or woman from the other world there?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »
Are either of the individuals I am looking to speak with in attendance?

Are the halfling or woman from the other world there?
No on the first, yes on the second.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:38 PM »
OOC Ari went to the Vale and saw them. That is when you learned about the force approaching the Vale.
Does Amaras have any news on the progress of their recovery?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:50 PM »
Does Amaras have any news on the progress of their recovery?
The remedy devised by Padra and the cleric of Hemator (bonus xp if you remember his name) will work, but Aizim will be needed to restore their memories. The Guardians hope he can visit again in the next two months.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 02:07:22 PM »
The remedy devised by Padra and the cleric of Hemator (bonus xp if you remember his name) will work, but Aizim will be needed to restore their memories. The Guardians hope he can visit again in the next two months.
Are you referring to Anakova?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
Are you referring to Anakova?
No, she is the cleric of Arsur'anyodel. Rubius actually has not met the person in question.