Author Topic: The Worst Laid Plans  (Read 11467 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: The Worst Laid Plans
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
"Perhaps, we can borrow the gem and plant it on the cook so that Vassilli can watch him."
The sergeant shakes his head: "It doesn't work that way.  It has to be worn and activated; and I have to return it anyway."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 09:37:44 PM »
"Whose job is it to report what happened down here to the superiors?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:11 PM »
Ari to Grimdrek: "Just Ari will do, Master Grimdrek...Sir Arishimoto if you feel the need for formality. I did see the eye symbol on the cleric, but I do not recognize it...is it some type of Loomashyn subgroup?"

Turning to Rob: "You are the commander of your squad, I presume? I am Arishimoto Udanaru, Feyalin of Tfop and Knight of the Order of the Banished Hero. Astrek (gesturing to the badger) and I are here at the request of your chief deputy, who was concerned about what you and your men were about to walk into. We arrived magically, a little off our mark apparently as we arrived in the midst of this."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »
"Lord Arisimoto, do you know anything of the Chosen in the area?"
I have heard they have been seen in Phiam, but I have not encountered them.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »
Turning to Rob: "You are the commander of your squad, I presume? I am Arishimoto Udanaru, Feyalin of Tfop and Knight of the Order of the Banished Hero. Astrek (gesturing to the badger) and I are here at the request of your chief deputy, who was concerned about what you and your men were about to walk into. We arrived magically, a little off our mark apparently as we arrived in the midst of this."
"No sir, I am not the leader.  I do not know your order, although I have heard them mentioned.  It is good to meet you.  I am glad you were here, and your Astrek as well."  Assuming that Grimdrek is still within earshot, "Magic tends to make mistakes when relied on for such important matters."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:12 PM »
I posted this earlier but it didn't take. 

In order "No we will seal them in and let the underdark take care of them. "

"I have no orders but it seems unlikely. Even the army doesn't venture into the underdark unnecessarily."

Yes a few.
Bryvis chimes in, who had creeped up within earshot of the conversation: "Do you suppose a sealed tunnel will contain them? They managed to tunnel through solid rock into Phiam. And I doubt there are many dangers of the Underdark that would tangle with 200+ wug."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
"No sir, I am not the leader.  I do not know your order, although I have heard them mentioned.  It is good to meet you.  I am glad you were here, and your Astrek as well."  Assuming that Grimdrek is still within earshot, "Magic tends to make mistakes when relied on for such important matters."
Perhaps that is true, but without it we would have arrived here a few days from now, too late to provide aid. Who is in command of your squad?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 09:55:51 PM »
"Whose job is it to report what happened down here to the superiors?"
(sigh) "Mine" says Sgt. Windbourne

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:19 PM »

(it was actually the watch commander and Ari would know that so I won't leave that error to confuse everyone)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
Ari to Grimdrek: "Just Ari will do, Master Grimdrek...Sir Arishimoto if you feel the need for formality. I did see the eye symbol on the cleric, but I do not recognize it...is it some type of Loomashyn subgroup?"

As the last of the dwarves disappear into the tunnel, Grimdrek turns to Ari:  "Its begun."  he says, and then follows his troops into the darkness.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 10:04:28 PM »
No answer to my question about the eye? Who is Thigole?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 10:08:12 PM »
"Excuse me, sir," directed at Ari, "But if you wouldn't mind, what did Grimdrek mean by 'it has begun'?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
I was hoping Grimdrek would answer that. I'll go find out what he meant. Wait here.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 11:16:28 PM »
I was hoping Grimdrek would answer that. I'll go find out what he meant. Wait here.
As Ari and Astrek follow the dwarves in to the tunnel the remaining sergeants look at each other and almost as one say :"We are leaving."  The constables begin the long march back to Phiam.  In the echoes you can hear "Aack! Keep that blasted beaver away from me mount!"