Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 55493 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »
Port Springs is at the western most tip of the String Mountains on the southern coast.  You are currently near the eastern end of the String Mountains, 800 or so miles north of where they stop.
Not to overly complicate things but if we're that far north wouldn't the distance to Messada be much shorter over the pole?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2013, 05:02:12 PM »
Yes, but still more than you can cover in your teleport; and the land travel across the polar cap is far more difficult than south and finding a port.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
"Russell, I fail to see the problem.  Luigi says he has a Greater Teleport prepared and I can cast it too.  By my estimation, Luigi can take 6 with him and I can take 3 with me in addition to Nefario.  That should be more than enough to get all members of the group out of danger if need be.  The real issue is how to properly dispose of this portal."   

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »
Yes, malchia is right. Let's figure out what we are doing with the paint first before we start dragging it somewhere. 

I personally am leaning to destroying but would be open others other suggestions.  I don't think it is worth bating them with it because somebody who is powerful enough to create this item will probably know if something is wrong with it.   

I guess this would be knowledge arcana but I am curious to know how ,agin works between the different planets of Habololy.  Can you teleport from planet to planet or scry a different planet etc.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
Those are excellent questions.

Even in your day, magical transport to Cald was not possible except by extraordinary means.

Transport to the other worlds was possible by lesser means, but still not easy.  Basic teleport would have never sufficed.  No one was ever able to teleport to the moon, and that goes for your time up until now, way it is common knowledge that no one get magically transport to the moon.

With that being the case, no one believes you can magically go any farther than the moon.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »
Those are excellent questions.

Even in your day, magical transport to Cald was not possible except by extraordinary means.

Transport to the other worlds was possible by lesser means, but still not easy.  Basic teleport would have never sufficed.  No one was ever able to teleport to the moon, and that goes for your time up until now, way it is common knowledge that no one get magically transport to the moon.

With that being the case, no one believes you can magically go any farther than the moon.

Does anyone know if Cald has a similar atmosphere, gravitational pull, or water and produce similar to Habololy?  If we go there, we may end up dead before we hit the surface of the planet. 

Also, I'm not a religious Nipit myself, but many of you are faithful to one Deity or another.  Do the deities answer prayers on other planets? 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:47 PM »
I am pretty sure the whole planet is just like the great northern waste except for some areas around the equator.   

If we decide to destroy it, Russell are you able to open a gate?  That might be our best bet to destroy it by sending it to a lava pit in the elemental plane of fire.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2013, 10:55:49 PM »
Does anyone know if Cald has a similar atmosphere, gravitational pull, or water and produce similar to Habololy?  If we go there, we may end up dead before we hit the surface of the planet. 

Also, I'm not a religious Nipit myself, but many of you are faithful to one Deity or another.  Do the deities answer prayers on other planets?
I traveled for awhile with a man named K'Shen, a Cald native who had come to Habololy to disrupt the cultist invasion. He managed to breath fine, and he ate, drank, and slept just like the rest of us. I presume it would work the other way around if we went there.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »

There is no circumstance under which I am going to Cald. The powers hold sway over their worlds and a few hold sway over many worlds.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2013, 11:13:21 PM »
If we decide to destroy it, Russell are you able to open a gate?

Gate is Conjuration, so no.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2013, 11:14:14 PM »
Forgot to mention that my new giant friends told me that Bereth was waiting for reinforcements from Cald to renew his attack on Roflander. They expected to wait years. Going there would certainly be analogous to walking in the troll's den.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2013, 11:17:00 PM »
To those new giant friends, they are still milling about collecting everything from the tents before they leave.

They notice your return, but do not approach.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2013, 11:27:31 PM »
There is no circumstance under which I am going to Cald. The powers hold sway over their worlds and a few hold sway over many worlds.

I agree with Russell there are no circumstance in which I am going to Cald either.   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »
A not often used rule, that everyone would nonetheless know:

A unattended magic item’s Fortitude, Reflex, and Will save bonuses are equal to 2 + one-half its caster level.

You know from the spells that the caster level is 20+, so the save of the painting is at least +12.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
Have we confirmed that this is not an artifact?  I'm not risking my spell casting ability on a disjunction.