Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 55478 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »
I'm a little late to this conversation, but if Montaron wishes to step through the teleportation circle with me, I can get him back without using extra spells.  I can take 3 extra people with me using Greater Teleport.  It's up to Montaron of course, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a healer with us if things go south.

Since he didn't explicitly say he wanted to go, we'll say for the sake of time he did not.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »
Between Cloud's high Knowledge (Arcana) check and Luigi's Analyze Dwoemer, they know there is no additional spell cast on the painting protecting.

It would be highly unlikely that there is something built into the item that prevents such an act.

That leaves two potential bad circumstances, relating to Malchia's question.

1 - Someone could be alerted when it is destroyed (as per a deity and its artifact OR a spell cast on the someone that is set to go off when an event happens)

2 - The destruction of a permanent portal causes an explosion or other calamity.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:03 PM »
Can't we just stuff it in a bag of holding and be done with it?

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »
That could cause either a big explosion or a rift in spacetime.  I am pretty sure.  Let me know if I am wrong Adinjin.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »
The odds of it causing something terrible like a rift or an explosion is very high.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2013, 10:01:54 PM »
The odds of it causing something terrible like a rift or an explosion is very high.

The odds of destroying, or the odds of putting it in a bad of holding?

Honestly... if this is gonna blow up and the world is gonna end.. let me do it, cause then I get the exp for killing everything! WIN!

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2013, 10:12:57 PM »
The odds of it causing something terrible like a rift or an explosion is very high if you were to put it in a bag of holding.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:08 PM »
I'm a little late to this conversation, but if Montaron wishes to step through the teleportation circle with me, I can get him back without using extra spells.  I can take 3 extra people with me using Greater Teleport.  It's up to Montaron of course, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a healer with us if things go south.
Only the wizards three can activate the circle.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2013, 11:12:18 PM »
To Russell, Luigi, and Cloud (via shellphone): "Do you have any means of determining if something bad would happen if a spell is cast on this portal?  I've seen some of the contingencies you all have on yourselves, so is there any chance a powerful magic item such as this would have a contingency on it to prevent it from being destroyed?  I realize Disjunction is potent; much more powerful than my magic allows me to conjure at this point, but is it possible? 

"Russell, have you seen anything through the annals of time that would indicate the significance of a portal from Cald to Habololy?"
"In response to your first question, I could cast a rudimentary divination spell and probably get a fairly accurate answer and chronomancy could show me all the possibilities but I simply choose not to look. As for your second question : I doesn't work like that."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »
The odds of it causing something terrible like a rift or an explosion is very high if you were to put it in a bag of holding.
"If you want me to TK it into a bag from maximum distance I will do that, but I'm not using my bag."

If Luigi does not want me to Disjunction it I limited wish teleport back to Messada and get a hot toddy.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2013, 11:44:05 PM »
Only the wizards three can activate the circle.

Yes, but I figured we all went together at the time you stepped through to meet with Luigi.  I was just trying to offer up that suggestion before we started role playing the rest of the scenarios and disrupt the space-time continuum.   
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:46:04 PM by Malchia »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2013, 11:45:23 PM »
As for your second question : It doesn't work like that."
(Insert fist shaking here)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:26 PM »
If Luigi does not want me to Disjunction it I limited wish teleport back to Messada and get a hot toddy.

Limited Wish allows you to cast Teleport, but the range of Teleport is only 100 miles per level, not enough to get you to Messada.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »
Limited Wish allows you to cast Teleport, but the range of Teleport is only 100 miles per level, not enough to get you to Messada.
I can take Russell with me and Nefario. 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
I am Ok either destroying it or waiting and seeing if we can use it to our advantage as Luigi suggested.  However, what ever we decide to do I think it is best that you find out as much information as you can about it Russell.