Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 55488 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2013, 05:12:44 PM »
So at this point, Enzo and Malchia have teleported with Russell back to the camp.  I assume Nefario has gone too, but correct me if he has not.  I also assume that Cloud and Montaron are still at the tower, once again, correct me if I am wrong.

My assumptions are based on that fact that you don't want to run the risk of not being able to teleport back everyone with one spell.

Regardless of the destruction or not of the painting, does Russell cast his time scrye once there?

For purposes of spells, it has been ten minutes since the fight ended.
No, now that I know it can be used to send beings to Cald my only interest is destroying it as quickly as possible. If I fail and the Dean cannot help I contact Maglore.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2013, 05:20:13 PM »
So Russel does does not teleport himself or anyone there.  Cloud goes to find Haskra.  Luigi waits with the painting.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »
I am willing to discuss keeping it so I don't get Haskra right away.  However, I think it is a terrible idea to give to the collector.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2013, 05:26:49 PM »
So Russel does does not teleport himself or anyone there.  Cloud goes to find Haskra.  Luigi waits with the painting.
I do go to Luigi after I prepare a disjunction. If it doesn't work I follow the previously described steps.

I can use a Limited Wish to cast spells from my banned schools correct?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
You can use limited wish to cast spells from a barred school, however the allowed level is one lower.  So Limited Wish gets you 5th level and below arcane from a barred school.

Okay, so Russell, Malchia, Nefario, and Enzo appear next to Luigi.  Russell carries the picture out to the middle of a field and casts Disjunction on it?

I will give everyone a chance to chime in on this plan, although Cloud and Montaron are back at the tower.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2013, 05:49:57 PM »
We have the shell phone.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2013, 05:52:29 PM »
You can use limited wish to cast spells from a barred school, however the allowed level is one lower.  So Limited Wish gets you 5th level and below arcane from a barred school.

Okay, so Russell, Malchia, Nefario, and Enzo appear next to Luigi.  Russell carries the picture out to the middle of a field and casts Disjunction on it?

I will give everyone a chance to chime in on this plan, although Cloud and Montaron are back at the tower.
I use Telekenisis from my staff to move the painting if it must be moved. I do not touch it at any time.

I have a limited wish memorized as well.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2013, 05:56:06 PM »
Let's discuss this before anything happens.   Luigi is there so I guess he has to make the move instead of me and discuss on the shell phone.    I tell Luigi that Russell is on his way and wants to destroy the painting.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »
Also how did Russell teleport there already.  I haven't described the place to him yet.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »
Also how did Russell teleport there already.  I haven't described the place to him yet.
I use the circle to get there and you previously described it to me in detail from the recon.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »
You are correct, Luigi is there with the painting when Russell arrives, so Russell can't do anything without Luigi allowing it to happen.

So currently, Luigi, Russel, Enzo, and Malchia are in the tent.  Russel is looking to execute his plan.  Cloud is at the tower communicating with them.  Montaron is with Cloud.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
I use the circle to get there and you previously described it to me in detail from the recon.

Windblade is partially correct, you teleport to the camp, not into the tent because that has not been described.

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:51 PM »
I stay at the tower unless you have a specific reason for me to teleport back.  If you have enough room to take me and teleport me back in 1 spell and want me to go then I will.

I'm a little late to this conversation, but if Montaron wishes to step through the teleportation circle with me, I can get him back without using extra spells.  I can take 3 extra people with me using Greater Teleport.  It's up to Montaron of course, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a healer with us if things go south. 

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »
So at this point, Enzo and Malchia have teleported with Russell back to the camp.  I assume Nefario has gone too, but correct me if he has not.  I also assume that Cloud and Montaron are still at the tower, once again, correct me if I am wrong.

My assumptions are based on that fact that you don't want to run the risk of not being able to teleport back everyone with one spell.

Regardless of the destruction or not of the painting, does Russell cast his time scrye once there?

For purposes of spells, it has been ten minutes since the fight ended.

Yes, Nefario is with me. 

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »

To Russell, Luigi, and Cloud (via shellphone): "Do you have any means of determining if something bad would happen if a spell is cast on this portal?  I've seen some of the contingencies you all have on yourselves, so is there any chance a powerful magic item such as this would have a contingency on it to prevent it from being destroyed?  I realize Disjunction is potent; much more powerful than my magic allows me to conjure at this point, but is it possible? 

"Russell, have you seen anything through the annals of time that would indicate the significance of a portal from Cald to Habololy?"