Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 55036 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
You do not feel you are being scryed.

This camp is thousands of miles from any port.  You are 800 miles north of the northern edge of the String Mountains.

As Luigi waits and you all discuss, Malchia arrives at the tower and is filled in on what happened.  It has been a minute since Luigi left.

I make my previous stated suggestion to everyone in the tower.  This portal should be destroyed immediately.  I'm sure destroying such an item will get the attention of whoever created it.  Once we pull them out of the woodwork, we'll have a better idea of who and what we're dealing with.   

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »
I make my previous stated suggestion to everyone in the tower.  This portal should be destroyed immediately.  I'm sure destroying such an item will get the attention of whoever created it.  Once we pull them out of the woodwork, we'll have a better idea of who and what we're dealing with.   

I don't have a disjunction prepared.  I have a wish ready, and a Prismatic Sphere.  Disjunction being 9th level isn't a candidate.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »
Russel, who looks very annoyed when you return and mutters something about time lords under his breath, says in response to Luigi's information: "I would disjunction it if you can and if not I like the idea of casting it through a Gate to the plane of fire. The illusion part seems a little unnecessary.  If you want to wait a bit I can come to you through the circle and use the painting to scry the camp during the time since Malchia escaped. Otherwise we should destroy it as soon as possible."

Did the analyze indicate if the portal works both ways?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
It is a two way portal, which lets you believe there is at least one other painting.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2013, 03:49:51 PM »
It is a two way portal, which lets you believe there is at least one other painting.
Just to be clear, what I meant was can you use this one to go to Cald?

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2013, 03:57:32 PM »
Russel, who looks very annoyed when you return and mutters something about time lords under his breath, says in response to Luigi's information: "I would disjunction it if you can and if not I like the idea of casting it through a Gate to the plane of fire. The illusion part seems a little unnecessary.  If you want to wait a bit I can come to you through the circle and use the painting to scry the camp during the time since Malchia escaped. Otherwise we should destroy it as soon as possible."

Did the analyze indicate if the portal works both ways?

"I'll wait, i'd rather have more information then less.  Get here as soon as you can"

When I get home i'll figure out what spells I cast in the area to protect the area.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »
Just to be clear, what I meant was can you use this one to go to Cald?

Yes you can.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
So Russell is going to teleport to Luigi using the circle, then use the painting to do a time scrye of what happened?

Does anyone go with Russell?

Daane is still walking through the campus.

Everyone keep careful track of your spells used so far for the day.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »
So Russell is going to teleport to Luigi using the circle, then use the painting to do a time scrye of what happened?

Does anyone go with Russell?

Daane is still walking through the campus.

Everyone keep careful track of your spells used so far for the day.

" This might be an weird idea, but I'm thinking we give this to the Big White Item Collecting Slaad (never say the name) if we can't destroy it.  Propose an exchange for an item, floating the idea that he can use it to scavenge items from Cald. Or try to make it work, and go there.. I for one would like to go to another planet, you know.. might be fun. I know I know we could spell Jam there, but this would be quicker.  We could secure it in an anti-magic room we have in the tower"

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:47:06 PM by Zunder »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »

" This might be an weird idea, but I'm thinking we give this to the Big White Item Collecting Slaad (never say the name) if we can't destroy it.  Propose an exchange for an item, floating the idea that he can use it to scavenge items from Cald. Or try to make it work, and go there.. I for one would like to go to another planet, you know.. might be fun. I know I know we could spell Jam there, but this would be quicker.  We could secure it in an anti-magic room we have in the tower"

Interesting proposal.  Perhaps I could get my earrings that way.     

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »
I don't like the idea of increase the collector's power.  Russell can you Legend and Lore it to find out if it is an artificat before we try to disjunction it?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
The Analyze Dweomer spell would likely not have worked if it was an artifact or relic.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
Knowledge (arcana)+26:  Is there a simple way to destroy it.  For example, could I take a magically enchanted sword and cut the canvas or take a hammer and break the frame.  I am just looking for the easiest way to destroy it.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
It is potently magical, so no normal magical weapon would do the trick.  Perhaps a Sharpness of Vorpal admantium blade or ax could do it.  Since it travels to Cald, sending it to the Plane of Fire might destroy it.  Disjunction can work, but given the power of the item, its saves are likely high.

There is no easy way to destroy it, but that is in line with a magic item crafted by a caster of 17+ level using a 9th level spell (Gate).

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
Do I think throwing into a volcano on Habololy will do the trick?  If not lets through it into a pit of lava on the elemental plain of fire.  So Russell should be able to open up a gate to either of those places.