Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 55022 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »
You arrive back inside the tent, the picture is on the ground.

Do you mean the crystal ball from the chest?  You take it out of the chest and teleport back with it?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
Leave the crystal ball here.  The picture might not teleport because is might be a dimensionally locked portal.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
You arrive back inside the tent, the picture is on the ground.

Do you mean the crystal ball from the chest?  You take it out of the chest and teleport back with it?

I took the crystal ball only to scry it, if it wasn't here. I put that away in the bag of holding. 

I use limited wish to cast Analyze Dweomer on the picture, relaying that fact to cloud at the tower using my "Word Warpers"

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »
The spell reveals that the painting is a portal to the world of Cald.  It is a powerful conjuration item.  It cannot be moved via any spell that is not a gate-type one.  No dimension door, teleport, etc.  It cannot enter an extra-dimensional space.

It can only be activated by a cleric of a deity of Cald.  It can transport 50 creatures.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »
The spell reveals that the painting is a portal to the world of Cald.  It is a powerful conjuration item.  It cannot be moved via any spell that is not a gate-type one.  No dimension door, teleport, etc.  It cannot enter an extra-dimensional space.

It can only be activated by a cleric of a deity of Cald.  It can transport 50 creatures.

I relay that information over the Word Warpers
" I don't think we should leave it out here... These characters for Cald are bad news.  I'd like to stop their growth here. However every portal has another side, and I don't need this puppy being opened while it resides in the tower, and 50 polar bears interrupting my dinner.  What do you think?  I could package this in something non-scryable and ship it home from Port Springs.  I could also destroy it with a disjuction. Russel, Cloud what do you think?"

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
We make a gate to the elemental plain of fire and throw it in there but first put an illusion on it that shows it is going to the same place as before and then also alter it so they can't walk back through the portal.  What does everyone think?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:21:23 PM by Windblade »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2013, 07:01:34 PM »
We make a gate to the elemental plain of fire and throw it in there but first put an illusion on it that shows it is going to the same place as before and then also alter it so they can't walk back through the portal.  What does everyone think?

That sounds like the kind of trickery worthy of our future thieves guild...

On a serious note, I say we destroy this portal.  Disjunction it at your earliest convenience. 

I ask the Wizards Three "Does anyone at the college know anything about Cald?" 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2013, 07:03:22 PM »
Malchia is not able to speak to them.  He teleported outside the college and it will take a few minutes to make it to the tower.

If Luigi does not act immediately, they can fill you in and you can suggest.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »
Malchia is not able to speak to them.  He teleported outside the college and it will take a few minutes to make it to the tower.

If Luigi does not act immediately, they can fill you in and you can suggest.

Right, sorry about that...OK, I will suggest this as soon as I find out what happens.  Do I need to do anything to get to the tower or Nefario and I simply fly up to the helipad?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
No, just fly over.  ETA 8 rounds.

Note that if you thought there was an emergency, you could get there faster, but since you assume everything has gone to plan.  You saw a teleport flash in the distance when you appeared, you wouldn't move overly fast to get there.

If something happens and they call you, you could get there faster.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
No, just fly over.  ETA 8 rounds.

Note that if you thought there was an emergency, you could get there faster, but since you assume everything has gone to plan.  You saw a teleport flash in the distance when you appeared, you wouldn't move overly fast to get there.

If something happens and they call you, you could get there faster.

Fair enough.  8 rounds it is. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
I send my giant friends on their way before we leave. "I suggest you find a cause you can stand behind. Go south to Lord Roflander, he is a noble leader and will honor to the frost giants and peace to this realm."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »
They nod a leave.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2013, 08:24:06 AM »
I don't act immediately...

I walk out of scry range of the picture, and check to see if I"m being scryed. then say "What do you think we hire a ship to ship this to icefea.  We 'stow away' on the ship and lay in wait for them to come and try to get it.  These can't be easy to make, and I'm sure they'll be able to find it pretty easily, once they realize we have it.  I don't wanna hang out here all day though, we need to figure this out quickly"

note:  I'm still invisible.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »
You do not feel you are being scryed.

This camp is thousands of miles from any port.  You are 800 miles north of the northern edge of the String Mountains.

As Luigi waits and you all discuss, Malchia arrives at the tower and is filled in on what happened.  It has been a minute since Luigi left.