Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 55015 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
Keep in mind that the giants are charmed, not dominated.  The threshold for what they will do is lower.  Enzo will have to ask them before he does it to try and figure out if they are okay with that.

True, but I'm hoping if he asks nicely enough to simply drop the stuff off at the front door and then we offer to teleport them somewhere safe, that they'll agree. 

Time to roll high Enzo.   :D

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
OOC:  I am sure there is an arcane spell of 6th level or lower that reduces the size of an item for a short period of time.

Shrink Item: (3rd lvl) reduce an item to 1/16 of its normal size in each dimension (to about 1/4,000 the original volume and mass).

Owen has the spell.  If someone wants to teleport back and get him, I'm sure Owen will cast it for you.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 11:21:54 PM »
There is no way we can bring the giants back to college because they will not allow it.  Also I don't understand the reason for bringing the giants back to the college.  We are able to get all the magic items back with out a problem.  We can shrink some of them and we can carry others.  Is there another reason you wanted to bring the giants back?  If worse comes to worse then Montaron, Luigi or myself can summon creatures to carry them and then teleport back to the tower.   

OOC:  So if that is all the items we found then we should just teleport back now with everything and then we can start working on interrogating the dead giant and finding out more about the staff and also speak to the cleric of Falan that talked to Enzo earlier.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Each bar weighs 250 lbs (assuming they are identical to the last ones), so you need people that can carry that to teleport them.

You also have to decide what to do with the large waterskin potions, the picture, and the crystal ball in the chest.

The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
When we get back I am going to copy shrink item into my spell book.  Can we summon creatures to carry and then teleport back?  Luigi and I each have a Greater teleport to get us all back.   I have one limited wish now to lighten the load  for and I belief Luigi has one left also.   If not we just wait an hour and between Luigi and I we can memorize enough limited wishes to shrink everything.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2013, 07:12:03 AM »
Also if Luigi has a summon 8 or 9 then he can summon an earth elemental to carry most of it for us.  Along with the limited wishes we already have to shrink the items that should be enough to carry it.

If not I can summon a water elemental that would get messy though.  Unfortunately, I can't summon earth.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:14:03 AM by Windblade »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013, 09:22:43 AM »
Between all those teleports, you clearly have the means to go back and forth.  The questions are: do you have to wait for an hour to memorize extra?  Who or what do you teleport back with you (giants or elementals?)

There are also questions of who, if anyone, picks up the picture and crystal ball?  Last time, they used the blanket (no longer here) to wrap and move the items.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »
I need a corpse to be able to speak with dead.  Last I remembered, Cloud and Luigi's powerful magic didn't leave so much as a stain of him.  I also feel like he would be too powerful for me to try if I did have a body. 

I should be able to hold 250 pounds...At least long enough to be teleported, with the help of some spells.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
Daane says, "Wondrous Smofarf's Beard that's a lot of platinum.!  Who's got the bag of holding and who is strong enough to lift it?"

I await who takes what out of the chest.

I use a limited wish to cast Mass Teleport.  I send the items back to the tower. I remain here, and investigate the last view tents. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:31 AM »
Mass teleport is 7th level, limited wish can only duplicate 6th level and below.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »
I need a corpse to be able to speak with dead.  Last I remembered, Cloud and Luigi's powerful magic didn't leave so much as a stain of him.  I also feel like he would be too powerful for me to try if I did have a body. 

You are correct, the 390 point sonic ball combined with the other spells left little remains, definitely not enough to speak with as per the requirements of the spell.

Also note, that the speak with dead spell will not work with creatures that were just undead.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »
Mass teleport is 7th level, limited wish can only duplicate 6th level and below.

Where is the 8th level.. almost wish..:P

Grumble... I use my Wish slot to cast Mass Teleport... sending everything back to the tower.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »
So at this point, everyone except Enzo is in the large tent discussing this.  Luigi steps forward and says what he is going to do.  Unless anyone has any objections, he can touch the chest and send it all back to the tower.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
at the same time I cast greater teleport.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
Greater Teleport to take: You, Luigi, Daane, Enzo, and Montaron?

Malchia and Nefario to teleport seperately?