Author Topic: Demonstration of Power  (Read 54550 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Demonstration of Power
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Hooray for decisions! Lorenzo inconspicuously moves back 60 ft and covers his ears.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »
Hooray for decisions! Lorenzo inconspicuously moves back 60 ft and covers his ears.
If my math is correct I'm 7 feet behind you.

I give everyone a minute to get to minimum safe distance (it's a 40' burst) before I cast.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
If my math is correct I'm 7 feet behind you.

I give everyone a minute to get to minimum safe distance (it's a 40' burst) before I cast.
I fly to double that distance on Nefario.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
A note and a point of specification.

If Luigi and Montaron don't want you to cast it, they can easily stop you by remaining next to the painting, since I doubt you are willing to disjunction them as well.  You also need to get the painting far enough away from you, unless you want to hit the tent and everything in it.

Do you target the painting, or the area its in?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »
A note and a point of specification.

If Luigi and Montaron don't want you to cast it, they can easily stop you by remaining next to the painting, since I doubt you are willing to disjunction them as well.  You also need to get the painting far enough away from you, unless you want to hit the tent and everything in it.

Do you target the painting, or the area its in?
I believe several pages ago Russel moved the painting to the maximum distance possible with Telekenisis from the staff, which would probably be overkill at 1200'. So 400' from any valuables or magic items should be sufficient.

Obviously I'm not going to cast the disjunction if Luigi or Montaron are not going to cooperate.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
You did, and since no one else objects while you do it, it is at a safe 400 foot distance.

I will give Luigi and Montaron a day to continue debate or concede.

Also, to the other quesiton: do you target it, or the area its in?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »
You did, and since no one else objects while you do it, it is at a safe 400 foot distance.

I will give Luigi and Montaron a day to continue debate or concede.

Also, to the other quesiton: do you target it, or the area its in?
I put it an area with nothing else so I guess I'd have to target the painting. Given my knowledge arcana and spell craft checks is there any reason it should matter?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2013, 11:21:07 PM »
Looking at the spell, it does not target, so it doesn't matter.  You just pick a center point of the spell, and as long as the painting is in the area, that's fine.  If you had to target, then it would make a difference for some protections (such as spell turning).

It is a close range spell, so you have to be within 105 feet, and note it doesn't effect he caster.

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2013, 01:02:01 AM »
If it is dispelled then it wont function.  If we put it in an AM field then it wont function.  Unless you can think of something that would break this rule, I don't see a reason not to try and dispel it.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2013, 07:23:28 AM »
How long does the suppression of magic from the dispel last?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
1d4 rounds

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2013, 08:19:44 AM »
OK then my answer is still no.  The spell is too random and too short to have enough time to get it to the AM room.  Especially since we can only teleport it to the circle. 

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2013, 08:28:54 AM »
Do you think an army of creatures are waiting, at this moment to come through and get us?  If that was the case they would have come through already and saved there general.  Think this through.... We can store this thing forever in an anti-magic room without danger.    Haven't you all every taken a risk, doubled down?  Gone all in?  If we destroy this now we sentence ourselves to hunting down these monsters for ever, a so called Bug Hunt.. i prefer a stand up fight. If we lay a trap, we can work on our umm... co-educational research while they come to us.

- Luigi won't get in the way of the Disjunction

Offline Terrorshard

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »
Do you think an army of creatures are waiting, at this moment to come through and get us?  If that was the case they would have come through already and saved there general.  Think this through.... We can store this thing forever in an anti-magic room without danger.    Haven't you all every taken a risk, doubled down?  Gone all in?  If we destroy this now we sentence ourselves to hunting down these monsters for ever, a so called Bug Hunt.. i prefer a stand up fight. If we lay a trap, we can work on our umm... co-educational research while they come to us.

- Luigi won't get in the way of the Disjunction

I agree.  Just need to dispel long enough to teleport.  Then we can move it to the AM room.  It hasn't been activated for a long time.  The odds of it pouring out waves of invaders in that short amount of time is atrocious. 

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
Give me 5-10mins I am talking to acting Dean Haskra now.  I will let you know what he says.